You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2022 Transfer Thread

an tha

13 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Lazy twatter tits then find a way to link to big clubs, hipsters tell everyone they've always thought they were marvelous, backed up by mini hipsters like on forums and twitter.

Usually containing the phrase: "he's a baller". Fucking twatter tits.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I don't mind signing these young players as they do eventually get a chance if they are good enough. Apparently that Stefan Bajetic is a real talent too. 

Carvalho is supposed to be a top talent so it would be a coup to get him, especially for nothing or very cheaply. Not sure what happened with the Canadian lad but there are a few twatter rumours that he may come back and sign for us. 

All well and good, just that the club just seems obsessed with these deals because they cost relatively nothing over spending money on players who will come in immediately and make an impact. Its always spun as an excuse never to buy. 

The longer time goes on the less I think the owners want to keep Salah. 

8 hours ago, Boss said:

2 goals 1 assist

3 goals 2 assists

Coutinho 2 goals

A goal or assist every 101 minutes of action, on the way to a Bundesliga, Champions League and DFB Pokal treble. I'd say he did pretty well. 

I certainly wouldn't hire you to be my defence lawyer.

33 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

I don't mind signing these young players as they do eventually get a chance if they are good enough. Apparently that Stefan Bajetic is a real talent too. 

Carvalho is supposed to be a top talent so it would be a coup to get him, especially for nothing or very cheaply. Not sure what happened with the Canadian lad but there are a few twatter rumours that he may come back and sign for us. 

All well and good, just that the club just seems obsessed with these deals because they cost relatively nothing over spending money on players who will come in immediately and make an impact. Its always spun as an excuse never to buy. 

The longer time goes on the less I think the owners want to keep Salah. 

Surely @Carvalho Diablo days as a winger might be behind him now. 

Interesting article in The Athletic today about Vhalovic today.

Basically says he’s turning down whatever Fiorentina offer him and that after Haaland and Mbappe, him and Isak will be the most sought after signatures this summer.

Allegedly City are targeting Haaland and if they can’t get him they’ll look at Vhalovic or Isak. We’ve also been linked with these two players. Arsenal also linked with Vhalovic. 

84C256E1-F7F2-4B10-A32A-0F3709062C07.jpeg

I’ve been thinking about this more of the last couple of days. We’re not going to give new contracts to Salah, Mane and Firmino. Personally, I think Jota’s form has condemned Firmino to the exit door and we’ll look to sign somebody else in the summer. 

Personally, as a priority, I’d like another wide player. Jota, Mane and Salah can all play centre forward. Theoretically, they can all play each position across the front line. Whether the new signing be Doku, Raphina, Bowen, Coman, Danjuma, Luiz etc, I’ve no idea. 

If we could sign another centre forward and wide player, that would be splendid, however, I doubt we’ll go big in both departments. 

Similarly, midfield. I’d like 2 top class midfielders. Bellingham is heavily linked and looks good at Dortmund but if were to sign him, I’d like another player of Tielemans or McGinn quality as well. As previously mentioned, there look to be a lot of (on paper / FIFA / FM) free midfielders available in this summer.

With various contracts coming to an end this or next summer, there seems more value in this market. Going big in the summer, assuming they are all successful, could set us up for the next 5 years again. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Code said:

This Mois Kean is still an Everton player is he not?

How mindblowing stupid is it tolket him go out on loan?

Juve sold him to Everton.

He was shite so The Ev loaned him to PSG and back to Juve.

Obviously no Rondon.

12 hours ago, aRdja said:

It’s a transfer thread i.e. a thread to discuss players linked with us or players you want us to sign. You won’t see people talking about current Liverpool players, because there are other threads for that. Finding it odd that you seem hyper specific about the type of players we should be discussing. Could you give us examples of your ideal players to be discussed on this thread? I’d happily take three names for future reference.

I'm not saying I don't think we should discuss transfers. Back to you bamford point, we've discussed it even if I think he's as unlikely a player for us as Solomon rondon would be and I don't think has ever been linked. What I'm saying is I'm bored of this whole hipster thing. I could have written that link for tuochemeni because enough hipsters were talking about him last summer - in fact the only surprise is it's taken till now for a transfer story to us to happen. That's the only thing I'm saying. I don't think we're in for him, I just think he's another click bait bore off, next greatest thing until he won't be - or at least they're always as unlikely to be hits as any random you want to pick. 

22 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm not saying I don't think we should discuss transfers. Back to you bamford point, we've discussed it even if I think he's as unlikely a player for us as Solomon rondon would be and I don't think has ever been linked. What I'm saying is I'm bored of this whole hipster thing. I could have written that link for tuochemeni because enough hipsters were talking about him last summer - in fact the only surprise is it's taken till now for a transfer story to us to happen. That's the only thing I'm saying. I don't think we're in for him, I just think he's another click bait bore off, next greatest thing until he won't be - or at least they're always as unlikely to be hits as any random you want to pick. 

The source of this rumour is Ornstein apparently and I know you rate him as a journalist more than most here no? so there could be something in it. 3 Stacks and Arnaud do watch Ligue 1 regularly, hence me asking for their opinions on him. I don’t get what the relevance of the hipsters is with this particularly story and discussion. It’s a bog standard transfer chat. 

13 minutes ago, aRdja said:

The source of this rumour is Ornstein apparently and I know you rate him as a journalist more than most here no? so there could be something in it. 3 Stacks and Arnaud do watch Ligue 1 regularly, hence me asking for their opinions on him. I don’t get what the relevance of the hipsters is with this particularly story and discussion. It’s a bog standard transfer chat. 

I think ornstein has a line to someone in our London base who is responsible financially. He gets how much we will spend better than most, if not all journo's including those who are dedicated to Liverpool. I don't know what he knows about transfers to us though. To be fair we don't make enough to judge any of them over that last few years. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think ornstein has a line to someone in our London base who is responsible financially. He gets how much we will spend better than most, if not all journo's including those who are dedicated to Liverpool. I don't know what he knows about transfers to us though. To be fair we don't make enough to judge any of them over that last few years. 

They’re one and the same Barry. Is there any journalist you trust more than Ornstein these days because you’ve certainly changed your tune (not that there’s anything wrong with that).

13 minutes ago, aRdja said:

They’re one and the same Barry. Is there any journalist you trust more than Ornstein these days because you’ve certainly changed your tune (not that there’s anything wrong with that).

I have no reason to distrust ornstein. I don't know if he has any quality or contacts on the playing side at Liverpool though. But if he was to say we had 100m to spend in this window, I would believe him. However, if he said we were spending it on haaland, I'd shrug my shoulders. 

10 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I have no reason to distrust ornstein. I don't know if he has any quality or contacts on the playing side at Liverpool though. But if he was to say we had 100m to spend in this window, I would believe him. However, if he said we were spending it on haaland, I'd shrug my shoulders. 

Might be wrong on this but I don’t think he’s ever posted any story exclusively on our transfer budget in the past. Anyway how you perceive Ornstein is your business what I’m trying to say is this discussion we’re having on Tchouameni is just a bog standard chat that you expect to read on a transfer thread. I don’t think there’s anything remotely hipster about this. Sure, there might be Twitter dickheads hyping him up but that’s not really pertinent here IMO. 

• Downvote 2

31 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Might be wrong on this but I don’t think he’s ever posted any story exclusively on our transfer budget in the past. Anyway how you perceive Ornstein is your business what I’m trying to say is this discussion we’re having on Tchouameni is just a bog standard chat that you expect to read on a transfer thread. I don’t think there’s anything remotely hipster about this. Sure, there might be Twitter dickheads hyping him up but that’s not really pertinent here IMO. 

He's done it every year since 2018 and been spot on. And everyone dismisses him because he's "arsenal". In fact he got slaughtered in 2019 by the fsg fan boys when he said the transfer budget was 10 or 15m or whatever it was. He was bang on though. As I say, I don't know he's been accurate with players, but he clearly has someone in our fitzrovia office feeding him info and he's accurate enough to assume it is someone quite senior. 

15 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

He's done it every year since 2018 and been spot on. And everyone dismisses him because he's "arsenal". In fact he got slaughtered in 2019 by the fsg fan boys when he said the transfer budget was 10 or 15m or whatever it was. He was bang on though. As I say, I don't know he's been accurate with players, but he clearly has someone in our fitzrovia office feeding him info and he's accurate enough to assume it is someone quite senior. 

He’s been quite hit and miss with regards to Liverpool news. His exclusive regarding Trent not being in the England squad turned out to be absolute garbage. He also said we were close to signing Cantwell ages ago. He’s only properly ITK for Arsenal stuff. Paul Joyce is the man to follow for proper Liverpool news IMO. Anyway we’re digressing.

Now that you know that the story came from Ornstein does it make the Tchouameni link a discussion worthy of this thread?

• Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, aRdja said:

He’s been quite hit and miss with regards to Liverpool news. His exclusive regarding Trent not being in the England squad turned out to be absolute garbage. He also said we were close to signing Cantwell ages ago. He’s only properly ITK for Arsenal stuff. Paul Joyce is the man to follow for proper Liverpool news IMO. Anyway we’re digressing.

Now that you know that the story came from Ornstein does it make the Tchouameni link a discussion worthy of this thread?

I don't think any England squad story validates ornstien's connections one way or another at LFC. It's an England story, it's not like Trent picks the team. Your other thing you're suggesting is he's been wrong with Cantwell. Even though I've already said I've no idea if he has connections on the LFC footballing side. I'm saying he's been most accurate on the business side. I don't think anyone in TCR is close enough to recruitment to know. 

As for this link coming from him, I've told you, I don't care for it because it's the most predictable link ever. Ornstien isn't on LFCs payroll like the likes of Pearce, who literally have no job without LFC cooperation. He will undoubtedly be a tool for agents like all sports journalists outside of "payroll" journo's who'll tell us we're not in for Thiago when we very much were. 

At no point have I said that I rate this link or not. All I have said is this lad is on that list of hipster players who will undoubtedly end up getting linked to us because he will, as all hipster players get linked to us. It's just boring and the only thing surprising by this link is how long it took to arrive.  If people want to post these links, it's fine. It's equally fine for me to say it's lazy journalism that I could have written myself. 

8 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I don't think any England squad story validates ornstien's connections one way or another at LFC. It's an England story, it's not like Trent picks the team. Your other thing you're suggesting is he's been wrong with Cantwell. Even though I've already said I've no idea if he has connections on the LFC footballing side. I'm saying he's been most accurate on the business side. I don't think anyone in 

As for this link coming from him, I've told you, I don't care for it because it's the most predictable link ever. Ornstien isn't on LFCs payroll like the likes of Pearce, who literally have no job without LFC cooperation. He will undoubtedly be a tool for agents like all sports journalists outside of "payroll" journo's who'll tell us we're not in for Thiago when we very much were. 

At no point have I said that I rate this link or not. All I have said is this lad is on that list of hipster players who will undoubtedly end up getting linked to us because he will, as all hipster players get linked to us. It's just boring and the only thing surprising by this link is how long it took to arrive.  If people want to post these links, it's fine. It's equally fine for me to say it's lazy journalism that I could have written myself. 

This is a just a bog standard transfer chat on a player linked with us. Again you moaned when I raised about the lesser heralded players like Bamford or Phillips (defo nothing hipster about them), and now you’re moaning about posters discussing a player linked with us because he’s highly rated by some randoms on Twitter. What did you expect people to discuss on this thread then? Perhaps give us some examples of the ideal players to chat about. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, aRdja said:

This is a just a bog standard transfer chat on a player linked with us. Again you moaned when I raised about the lesser heralded players like Bamford or Phillips (defo nothing hipster about them), and now you’re moaning about posters discussing a player linked with us because he’s highly rated by some randoms on Twitter. What did you expect people to discuss on this thread then? Perhaps give us some examples of the ideal players to chat about. 

I haven't told anyone to stop talking about it. I've said it in other replies to you. You are the only one suggesting people shouldn't post. I am allowed however to think a link is a pile of shit. And what is obvious by how many times you've brought it up, is you just have your noise out of joint because I think it's comical someone would think bamford looks anything like a Liverpool player. 

• Upvote 1