You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2022 Transfer Thread

an tha

7 minutes ago, aRdja said:

He played upfront almost exclusively in the second half of that season from memory. 

I think your memory needs a jog.

He is a very good player who I would have ahead of everyone in our squad except Salah, Mane and Jota in any of the front three spots as well as the furthest forward midfielder.

And Mane needs to pull his finger out to stay in that group.

There is zero chance Chelsea would sell him to us. One of the best young players in the world.

11 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I think your memory needs a jog.

He is a very good player who I would have ahead of everyone in our squad except Salah, Mane and Jota in any of the front three spots as well as the furthest forward midfielder.

And Mane needs to pull his finger out to stay in that group.

There is zero chance Chelsea would sell him to us. One of the best young players in the world.

Chelsea have a habit of selling their promising (and faltering) young players. I gave plenty of examples. 

• Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Funkasy said:

A guy once called me when i was selling my motorcycle, i told him the price and he said he wanted a huge discount (half i think) because he didnt really like the bike that much. I shook my head and said no thanks.

I imagine liverpool negotiates like that fella for most of the time. 

"The asking price is $42.50"

"Okay, we don't have the 42-fifty. We have 2 dollars and... a Casio"

casio-planestrains.gif

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, aRdja said:

Chelsea have a habit of selling their promising (and faltering) young players. I gave plenty of examples. 

I saw that - Havertz was their record signing at the time - still second highest.

He is not anywhere near the same as Lamptey or Tammy Abraham.

A very good player - I don't think they are selling to us under any circumstance. Any player.

4 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I saw that - Havertz was their record signing at the time - still second highest.

He is not anywhere near the same as Lamptey or Tammy Abraham.

A very good player - I don't think they are selling to us under any circumstance. Any player.

What about de Bruyne, Sturridge, Salah and Lukaku?

21 minutes ago, aRdja said:

What about de Bruyne, Sturridge, Salah and Lukaku?

I don't think they paid even 20 mil for them combined.

Havertz is already head and shoulders above what that lot did their entire time at Chelsea.

They would never sell him to us, much less at a loss, and he is a player who has already priced himself out of our set up. I regretfully inform you that he will not be sold to us.

Wish he was. Very useful player.

Chelsea for years bought players to keep other teams from getting them. It is happening at City now as well.

Sterling is probably the last player to move in between the top English sides from our standpoint.

It does not make sense to allow a good player to go to one of your top rivals. 

17 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I don't think they paid even 20 mil for them combined.

Havertz is already head and shoulders above what that lot did their entire time at Chelsea.

They would never sell him to us, much less at a loss, and he is a player who has already priced himself out of our set up. I regretfully inform you that he will not be sold to us.

Wish he was. Very useful player.

How much was Morata?

Havertz has failed to perform for them. He barely started for them last year and only marginally more this year, despite them spending £70m on him. I reckon it’d be difficult even for Chelsea to turn down £100m for both Havertz and Conor Gallagher.

22 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Probably true.

I further reckon it would be impossible to envision any scenario where we bid 100 mil for Havertz and Gallagher.

I get you. The counter point is we haven’t really spent serious money for a long time, and per my original post I reckon most of outlay required could be covered by proceeds from sales of fringe players. 

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

I rate Havertz highly - to the point I have taken some stick on here for it - but he only played as a CF maybe a handful of times.

They had the Argentinian fella upfront.

I think you're mental, and I think havertz is absolutely fucking woeful to. 

I've never seen him play well, except for YouTube clips when he was over in the fatherland. 

I honestly don't know who we should be looking to bring in, but it does kind of make sense to start looking at a replacement for Mane, top player and all, but clearly his trajectory is going down now though, so better FYI bring in a young pup before the old dog passes away

2 hours ago, aRdja said:

I get you. The counter point is we haven’t really spent serious money for a long time, and per my original post I reckon most of outlay required could be covered by proceeds from sales of fringe players. 

The only Chelsea player that they'd even consider selling to us would be Timo Werner, and that'd be because his finishing is so bad that it would weaken a rival. 

Havertz is shite. His own fans don’t even rate him. I posted about watching him before he went to them as people on here had a hard on for him and he was fucking crap then too. 

Another Bundesliga flop I’m made up we swerved. 

1 minute ago, Red74 said:

Havertz is shite. His own fans don’t even rate him. I posted about watching him before he went to them as people on here had a hard on for him and he was fucking crap then too. 

Another Bundesliga flop I’m made up we swerved. 

I watched a fair bit Bundesliga when we had our covid break, he looked great IMO. Reminded me a bit of Berbatov with pace. 

Havertz is ok, I don't think there's any basis for saying he's great. He's lucky that Chelsea have so many attacking options that he kind of just melts in the background as one of the options, even though he cost a lot of money. He does pretty much nothing, but will pop up with a goal here and there. It's surprising when you look at the numbers, he provides next to nothing creativity wise. He's still more untapped potential than actual good player. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Havertz is ok, I don't think there's any basis for saying he's great. He's lucky that Chelsea have so many attacking options that he kind of just melts in the background as one of the options, even though he cost a lot of money. He does pretty much nothing, but will pop up with a goal here and there. It's surprising when you look at the numbers, he provides next to nothing creativity wise. He's still more untapped potential than actual good player. 

I agree with you on this. Similar position as Salah and De Bruyne when they let them go.