You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2022 Transfer Thread

an tha

9 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Unless Jota is seen as a #9 now and Mane isn’t going to be first choice any longer? 

That's pretty much how I see it. Jota is taking Firmino's place, and with both Salah and Mané approaching 30 and their contracts winding down,  the race is on to tie one down and plan for the departure of the other. It'd be nigh on impossible to replace Salah, so Mané is the obvious candidate.

We've seen with the midfield that allowing too many players to creep over 30 on big contracts isn't ideal. 

56 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

That's pretty much how I see it. Jota is taking Firmino's place, and with both Salah and Mané approaching 30 and their contracts winding down,  the race is on to tie one down and plan for the departure of the other. It'd be nigh on impossible to replace Salah, so Mané is the obvious candidate.

We've seen with the midfield that allowing too many players to creep over 30 on big contracts isn't ideal. 

I don’t think that the amount of goals Jota scores from #9 can be ignored.

IMO, he’s in our first 11 now ahead of Firmino. 

2 hours ago, aRdja said:

I thought he looked very ordinary Scott. He’s also a left winger, and we have that position covered with Jota and Mane.

I dont think Jota fits the bill for Manes position and if we do buy him it would give us a nice option to use. Having said that I can see us buying fuck nothing.

12 hours ago, aRdja said:

I reckon Havertz could be the next Salah and would really thrive if given a proper go. He looks like he could be a proper number 9 too; he’s tall, good in the air and ambidextrous.

Offer Chelsea £100m for Havertz and Gallagher, I reckon they’d take it. Wouldn’t cost the club too much as most of the cost could be covered by proceeds from sales of our fringe players.

- Bobby £15m

- Keita £30m

- Taki £10m

- Origi £15m

- Neco £10m

- Phillips £10m

Whats the drug of choice these days Ardja? £30m for Keita, you would need to be on something, take £1m for him..throw in that Neco Williams also!!

Havertz, next Salah, proper number 9? he’s tall, good in the air and ambidextrous, thats the opposite of Salah? 

One question, can you write on this forum while dreaming? 

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I don’t think that the amount of goals Jota scores from #9 can be ignored.

IMO, he’s in our first 11 now ahead of Firmino. 

I'd agree. Firmino's work rate and positioning used to effectively add a body to midfield at times, allowing us to be more solid. But now, I'm not sure he's got that in him, so judged purely on goals Jota is clearly ahead of him.

A guy once called me when i was selling my motorcycle, i told him the price and he said he wanted a huge discount (half i think) because he didnt really like the bike that much. I shook my head and said no thanks.

I imagine liverpool negotiates like that fella for most of the time. 

48 minutes ago, Nolongerathletic said:

Whats the drug of choice these days Ardja? £30m for Keita, you would need to be on something, take £1m for him..throw in that Neco Williams also!!

Havertz, next Salah, proper number 9? he’s tall, good in the air and ambidextrous, thats the opposite of Salah? 

One question, can you write on this forum while dreaming? 

Only if you write unadulterated shite.

1 hour ago, Harry Squatter said:

Newcastle have bid £7m for Origi. They already bid £7m for Nat Phillips and got told to fuck off. Wonder if anyone will bid for Neco Williams as well?

If they do we should sell. He's so far out of his depth at Liverpool. He'll never make it here and is easily our worst youngster that we give game time to. He is a terrible back up for Trent. Let him have a career at somewhere lower down the league's and use the money to buy another young right back prospect. It should be high priority this summer. 

5 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I'm tempted to ignore what Pearce says and try thinking it's a negotiating tactic. Fuck you reality.

In the words of General Melchett, if nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

I think recent history has shown the club won't tell Pearce we're interested in someone until a deal is close. Any of these preliminary denials on his part don't mean much.

8 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I'm tempted to ignore what Pearce says and try thinking it's a negotiating tactic. Fuck you reality.

In the words of General Melchett, if nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

It's just his role as pantomime villain. I actually think he enjoys it. 

Also, normally I would agree with the part where Pearce says we wouldn't spend 60m for a backup, but this just makes no sense this time as 3 of our forwards are out of contract soon. Luis Diaz, or any other forward, is not staying a backup for long. Weird rationale there on Pearce's part.