You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2022 Transfer Thread

an tha

24 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

We might be willing to let Phillips go now that Konate is getting up to speed. We seem *touch wood* to have four fit, top quality CBs. How many games would Phillips get for us?

i am sure we are willing to let him go. i guess the thing is, we know matip is due an injury. gomez is just recovering from another one, so 2 of the 4 we just know are unreliable. and konate has never shown he can stay fit either before he joined us. i don't think it is normal to need 5 centre backs, but perhaps when 3 of them are as dodgy with injuries as ours are - maybe you need them if only to take some pressure off in domestic cups etc - but as Nat is going to miss probably 2 fa cups, the league cup next week and maybe a semi if we get past leicester, then maybe if the right deal comes in in January, you take it. I think though it is an area of the pitch we still need to think about as 4 with our 3 crocks feels light. certainly for 10m i would keep Nat. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I was as disappointed as anyone with the business done in the summer but given the way the squad have performed so far I'm not too sure what we need now. Maybe a back up right back but Neco has done alright and Gomez can play there. A young forward possibly then being sent straight out on loan? 

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

i am sure we are willing to let him go. i guess the thing is, we know matip is due an injury. gomez is just recovering from another one, so 2 of the 4 we just know are unreliable. and konate has never shown he can stay fit either before he joined us. i don't think it is normal to need 5 centre backs, but perhaps when 3 of them are as dodgy with injuries as ours are - maybe you need them if only to take some pressure off in domestic cups etc - but as Nat is going to miss probably 2 fa cups, the league cup next week and maybe a semi if we get past leicester, then maybe if the right deal comes in in January, you take it. I think though it is an area of the pitch we still need to think about as 4 with our 3 crocks feels light. certainly for 10m i would keep Nat. 

Yeah we need him more than we need £10m

• Upvote 1

On 07/11/2021 at 18:31, Daisy said:

We will struggle for top four

35 minutes ago, Daisy said:

No way we buy anyone, top four is virtually sealed. Missions accomplished for FSG

On 08/11/2021 at 21:55, Daisy said:

League is done now can forget it. We have a slight chance with champions league if Mo comes back fit from AFCON

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e4719ay2bhn4afazynlc

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

No thanks. He’s surely worth at least double that. 

I wouldn't sell for less than £30mill with some of the shit like Tarkowski being quoted at £50mill a couple of years ago.  Plus Nats English for the Nationality bollocks.  Rather keep him.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

No thanks. He’s surely worth at least double that. 

A loan makes the most sense, if he goes to West Ham and has 15 good solid games he becomes a £30m defender. If he doesn't play much or play well then we still get 7m or 8m in the summer.

17 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

We will get bowen or sarr, I'm convinced one of those will be a Liverpool player. We dream of the Bellinghams and the like but go the tier below then Klopp works his magic and it turns out pretty damn good. 

Id taken Bowen, I wanted us to sign him in the summer. He's a cracking player, good left foot, scores goals, works hard, has pace and can play a few different positions.

He's a milner type player (in terms of attitude and desire etc) and we need to replace those legs in the team asap. He's perfect for us.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, No2 said:

A loan makes the most sense, if he goes to West Ham and has 15 good solid games he becomes a £30m defender. If he doesn't play much or play well then we still get 7m or 8m in the summer.

Maybe, if we had a facility to recall him if required. I just can't fathom how he isn't a £25m+ player in the current market. 

17 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Maybe, if we had a facility to recall him if required. I just can't fathom how he isn't a £25m+ player in the current market. 

Solanke and Brewster have probably been factored in. No one wants to be the next bum made to look foolish.

8 minutes ago, No2 said:

Solanke and Brewster have probably been factored in. No one wants to be the next bum made to look foolish.

Perhaps you need to accept the lower fee and add a large sell on clause and a low buy back... So perhaps if someone wants him, we can buy back and sell him on if whu want to block it as a large part of the fee would go to us. 

Edit... And of course loads of add ons.