You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2022 Transfer Thread

an tha

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ivan-toney-liverpool-transfer-22027535

asked whether he would rather join Liverpool as a bit-part player or be the main man at Leeds, Toney replied: "I support Liverpool.

"If they come knocking who knows? Who knows."  “I’d have to go to Liverpool and make myself the main man.”

Come and get me plea @aRdja

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ivan-toney-liverpool-transfer-22027535

asked whether he would rather join Liverpool as a bit-part player or be the main man at Leeds, Toney replied: "I support Liverpool.

"If they come knocking who knows? Who knows."  “I’d have to go to Liverpool and make myself the main man.”

I like him. He’s a nice size. Virgil really struggled against him.

2 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I’ve honestly never heard of the cunt. 

Craig Hignett or Jude Bellingham? Assume you mean the former. Played for many clubs, most notably Middlesbrough, Crewe and Blackburn. Started as a kid at Liverpool. 

Probably does have some connections but is just as likely to get excited by a rumour as the next man. 

52 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

In the same boat as Bowen for me, been really impressed by them both this season (Bowen should have Sancho's spot in the next England squad), but they need to score a few more to convince me.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pidge said:

In the same boat as Bowen for me, been really impressed by them both this season (Bowen should have Sancho's spot in the next England squad), but they need to score a few more to convince me.

Toney is in the category of good player we'll never sign. He's not a perfect fit for our tactics so he'd be a plan B type of signing. And he has 4 years on his deal so we're not paying a massive fee for a plan B.

Bowen made more sense because he's much more in the mould of our current attackers.

But of course, this is all assuming we keep playing as we have and don't plan on changing tactics.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Toney is in the category of good player we'll never sign. He's not a perfect fit for our tactics so he'd be a plan B type of signing. And he has 4 years on his deal so we're not paying a massive fee for a plan B.

Bowen made more sense because he's much more in the mould of our current attackers.

But of course, this is all assuming we keep playing as we have and don't plan on changing tactics.

Good touch for a big man, though.

6 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Good touch for a big man, though.

Yeah, no doubt. 59% pass completion in the Premier League and doesn't play on the wing, though. Very different style. 

Playing Jota up front is kind of the more direct plan B we have while he also fits in plan A, you know what I mean? Toney is just a complete departure. Just doesn't seem likely. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Think we have a great chance of Bellingham to be honest. We very much balance the books as a club, but it's wrong to say that FSG won't spend big money. They have their faults as owners, but I could see them sanctioning this because there is absolutely next to no negatives of this deal.

Belligham is going to be one of the best players of his generation, he's English and so can count as home grown and by all accounts is a lovely kid. I know his dad is meant to be a United fan, but it didn't stop Bellingham turning them down to go to Dortmund. I think we have a real chance of getting him.