an tha

January 2022 Transfer Thread

I was watching Match of the Day a while back with subtitles (while listening to music). There was an incredibly appropriate reference during a Brighton game to "Madame Lallana"...

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Had a feeling that would happen to be honest. I imagine he'd want to keep on with Dortmund if they progress in the CL. Can defo see him there in the summer. We should be all over that. 

there's no being cup tied now though is there, so he can just play for city? if dortmund are happy to sell, i think he will go. 

4 hours ago, No2 said:

Tchouameni looked a player in the France games, beast of a midfielder. 

Very impressive and a real cool head. Would love him in our squad

I like Tchouameni, but I'm not sure he's a fit in our midfield. He's great at plenty of things but if he's playing ahead of Fabinho in a 4-3-3, it's maybe not good enough technically. He'll have loads of top clubs after him next summer, though.

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

there's no being cup tied now though is there, so he can just play for city? if dortmund are happy to sell, i think he will go. 

Really?

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

I like Tchouameni, but I'm not sure he's a fit in our midfield. He's great at plenty of things but if he's playing ahead of Fabinho in a 4-3-3, it's maybe not good enough technically. He'll have loads of top clubs after him next summer, though.

Haven't really seen him at Monaco but in the French games in the last week, he seemed to be doing the pressing whilst Pogba slumbered by.  Looked technically gifted too. Don’t like the look of Kessie who seems too slow, but this kid seems like he’s got everything and just needs to be Klopped.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Really?

Yeah they got rid of that rule shortly after Barcelona bought Coutinho 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

yeah, just one player per club though. 

What a stupid rule. Either make it all players or none. Idiots 

15 hours ago, JoeBuck01 said:

Haven't really seen him at Monaco but in the French games in the last week, he seemed to be doing the pressing whilst Pogba slumbered by.  Looked technically gifted too. Don’t like the look of Kessie who seems too slow, but this kid seems like he’s got everything and just needs to be Klopped.

We play with a lone holding player. So if it stays like that, the other two midfielders need to be more offensively inclined. Or at least top class technically. We neutered Wijnaldum to fit our system but he had that mix of being physically and technically gifted, and also with an attacking background. Tchouameni is very good but he's not in the mould of midfielder we have used. 

31 minutes ago, Boss said:

Kamaldeen Sulemana - Klopp could turn this kid into the next Sadio Mane.

He's already got more goals for Rennes than Doku has and Doku's played about 40 games for them. He does look like a future promising target.

He was dribbling past two or three players at a time in the Danish league last season. I remember watching him because we were linked in the summer. He's definitely on our radar. Starting to really make his mark on the French league now as well, in only his third professional season.