an tha

January 2022 Transfer Thread

3 hours ago, Total Longo said:

How much can Newcastle spend before FFP bites them? Yeah i know this has never affected City etc but i'm sure someone gave a figure when the Saudi takeover happened of the amount they could spend in the first window.  

As much as they like I would guess. Those states have FIFA, UEFA, the PL and whoever they need to have, in their pockets.

Phil Jones has turned down a loan to Bordeaux. Stick to your guns, Phil. You’re the No1 CB at Utd and don’t let them forget it.

Just now, Anubis said:

Phil Jones has turned down a loan to Bordeaux. Stick to your guns, Phil. You’re the No1 CB at Utd and don’t let them forget it.

He'd definitely have taken the Joey Barton approach to speaking English with a French accent. Missed opportunity for everybody. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

Wonder if the talk of sticking points with Carvalho are down to this and / or Williams…

B27F836A-E79F-4287-8A0D-E4A25C2FE69B.png

Odd one, but a great signing for Bournemouth. Solanke banging them in there this season too. They'll surely get promoted. 

1 minute ago, El Rojo said:

Odd one, but a great signing for Bournemouth. Solanke banging them in there this season too. They'll surely get promoted. 

I’d hope there is a obligation to buy if they do get promoted. 

3 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I’d hope there is a obligation to buy if they do get promoted. 

Given our past business with them, we probably have a deal that they pay for our stadium redevelopment if they get promoted again. 

• Upvote 8

Just now, El Rojo said:

Given our past business with them, we probably have a deal that they pay for our stadium redevelopment if they get promoted again. 

Very good! 

3 hours ago, Total Longo said:

How much can Newcastle spend before FFP bites them? Yeah i know this has never affected City etc but i'm sure someone gave a figure when the Saudi takeover happened of the amount they could spend in the first window.  

Ive seen reports say £190m and £120m. I guess a lot depends if their current financial year covers both this window and summer or just this one.  If their new financial year starts say March, they could spend the full £190m this window.

I wonder if the Nat loan not having a 'must-buy' clause suits us as it keeps him fit and match-ready in the interim, while we see what happens with Joe Gomez next summer.

Spurs have been an abortion trying to buy players, but if I was a fan of theirs, I'd be over the moon they got rid of Alli, Ndombele and possibly Lo Celso later.

Premier League 'loan' deals are a fucking joke. This league is supposed to be the richest league in the world yet, several clubs are bringing in players 'on loan'? How the fuck does that work again?

Apart from a goalkeeping crisis, a PL club shouldnt be allowed to bring in 'loans,' not even one. They can all afford to buy the player or players concerned. Worried you might go down and be stuck with a big wage earner? Tough fucking luck, you want the player, fucking buy him.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

Premier League 'loan' deals are a fucking joke. This league is supposed to be the richest league in the world yet, several clubs are bringing in players 'on loan'? How the fuck does that work again?

Apart from a goalkeeping crisis, a PL club shouldnt be allowed to bring in 'loans,' not even one. They can all afford to buy the player or players concerned. Worried you might go down and be stuck with a big wage earner? Tough fucking luck, you want the player, fucking buy him.

Erm, did you say this 12 months ago?