You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2022 Transfer Thread

an tha

7 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Pleased Traore isn't going to Spurs. As one-dimensional as he is, Conte would've utilised his raw pace well. 

Same. The prospect of facing both Son and Traore running at our defence woud’ve been pretty terrifying. 

• Downvote 1

A couple of Portuguese sources saying we're signing Luis Diaz for 45m + 15m add ons.

I don't get great vibes from this transfer if true. I'm agnostic on the player, given he plays in Portugal and is thus a bit unproven. Obviously everyone says good things of him, though, which is nice, but still.

Also, would feel like unusually big spending in preparation for a sale. Hopefully not Salah.

11 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Say he was an early Mane or Firmino replacement before one of them go in the summer, that would be decent. Salah replacement, that's a bit risky.

Right footed isn't he?

5 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Fingers crossed. He looked decidedly mediocre against us. We have Jota and Mane in his position, and they’re better than him. 

Scored a good goal against Man City in the Champions League last year - just tried to google for it and couldn't find it though.

I reckon this has the strong whiff of trying to negotiate a higher bid from Spurs though.

9 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Fingers crossed. He looked decidedly mediocre against us. We have Jota and Mane in his position, and they’re better than him. 

I wouldn't judge a player on what they do against us. Minamino was great against us and that meant nothing, it's too small a sample size.

The reason it's a bit risky is because the Portuguese League kind of stinks, but could he be a truly great player? Sure. I don't really know, but it's possible. Plenty of great players played in Portugal. I don't think many people on this forum are qualified to reliably speak to his quality, but he has a good goal record for a start.

6 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

You'd think we'd need a left footer if Mo was going.  So worry ye not.

Anyway does this work for the goal vs Man City: https://streamable.com/ikt5ik

Yeah, you'd think that's true.

If this happens, it won't take much to talk myself into it, despite my caveats. It's already kind of happening. Porto fans think he's basically the messiah, that's something.

The more you look around the web the more it looks like Diaz might be another Fabinho/Jota-style out-of-nowhere deal.

Tweets of journos claiming that his agent is saying to them that he's definitely a Liverpool player, to be announced today. O Jogo doesn't go as far as saying it'll be announced today but does say we've bought him.

39 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Fabinho and Jota where definitely out of nowhere but we've been linked to Diaz for ages. I would be shocked if we signed him because he'd cost money. 

He’d be cheaper than either Fabinho or Jota surely coming straight from Portugal.

1 hour ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Tweets of journos claiming that his agent is saying to them that he's definitely a Liverpool player, to be announced today. O Jogo doesn't go as far as saying it'll be announced today but does say we've bought him.

Agents are slippery fuckers though, you have to wonder why he's leaking this information about Diaz signing for us. What does he stand to gain? 

My guess is negotiations have stalled with someone and he is using our name to get them to budge. 

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

Fuck me

It's not cost us but you wonder why we waited so long without Mo amd Mane,though maybe we just waited as Porto need to sell so just sat and waited till they buckled.

Kind of like a danger wank. 

You've had all evening to do it but you pretty much wait until your missus is walking up the stairs to get it over the line

• Upvote 1