You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2022 Transfer Thread

an tha

6 hours ago, Anubis said:

Reportedly on somewhere between £100k-£120k per week. Tremendous.

Just read that Tosun has rejected the chance to sign for Hull . The lad would rather sit on his arse , and rinse the club than to go out and actually get games!
Players like this make me fume , what an absolute belter

Cenk Tosun: Everton £27m striker 'best in Europe' at his price - Sam Allardyce

77E2D8ED-D2B4-405D-AD80-25270340F9E3.gif

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

The fat cunt from Wolves is having a medical at Barca.

He’ll be amazing at running past players and then smashing it six feet wide whilst attempting a cross.

Fat, useless bastard. 

An eloquent evaluation of Dave’s footballing love interest.

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

The fat cunt from Wolves is having a medical at Barca.

He’ll be amazing at running past players and then smashing it six feet wide whilst attempting a cross.

Fat, useless bastard. 

Fans will turn on him after about three games. 

Even the teams in the bottom half of the table don't give the ball away much. Traore doing it every 20 seconds is going to lead to them getting battered by Alaves and Levante. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

Even the teams in the bottom half of the table don't give the ball away much. Traore doing it every 20 seconds is going to lead to them getting battered by Alaves and Levante. 

Glorious, isn't it?

He'll look amazing until you realise he's just twatting 5'6 imps out of the way and then spooning a cross back towards the half way line as his special move.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bruce Spanner said:

Glorious, isn't it?

He'll look amazing until you realise he's just twatting 5'6 imps out of the way and then spooning a cross back towards the half way line as his special move.

Not even United or Everton come close to being run as badly as Barcelona over the last seven or eight years. 90% of their signings are hilarious. 

They've got Braithwaite, Luuk De Jong and 52 year old Dani Alves playing for them. It's like a Real Madrid fan has chosen them on Football Manager. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Just now, Jairzinho said:

Not even United or Everton come close to being run as badly as Barcelona over the last seven or eight years. 90% of their signings are hilarious. 

They've got Braithwaite, Luuk De Jong and 52 year old Dani Alves playing for them. It's like a Real Madrid fan has chosen them on Football Manager. 

It's truly wonderful.

The fact they had to extend Umtiti's contract, a player they were hoping to sell as he's fucking useless and eating up wages, because the amortisation of having a five year contract as opposed a last year allowed them to sign Torres and stay within FFP is the most glorious example of capitalism 2.0 and I'm glad they're on the recieving end.

Fuck 'em, the 'more than a club' bellends.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Their fans turn on everyone - even Suarez, so I wouldn't be surprised about that. I reckon he'll be a success though. The Spanish league is filled with small and technical players. There's nothing most of their teams can do to stop a player with that level of pace and power. They can foul him on rotation I suppose, but with him being at Barca, they'll just get sent off if they try that. It's like when Hulk went to China.

8 minutes ago, Boss said:

Their fans turn on everyone - even Suarez, so I wouldn't be surprised about that. I reckon he'll be a success though. The Spanish league is filled with small and technical players. There's nothing most of their teams can do to stop a player with that level of pace and power. They can foul him on rotation I suppose, but with him being at Barca, they'll just get sent off if they try that. It's like when Hulk went to China.

In fairness they don’t need to stop

him. They just need to let him do his thing.

• Upvote 1

Doesn't say much for Xavi and his supposedly sophisticated possession game when he's brought a greasy wrecking ball into his team.

I'm a bit gutted they didn't qualify for the knockout stages. I would have fancied us to put 10 goals past them over two legs.

17 minutes ago, Em City said:

Doesn't say much for Xavi and his supposedly sophisticated possession game when he's brought a greasy wrecking ball into his team.

It’s certainly a signing that doesn’t fit the Barca template for the past 15+ years.

Maybe Xavi doesn’t think they have the players to play that way at the moment or the game has evolved away from that?

I do think they need to freshen things up and have a level of unpredictability, I don’t think Traore or Torres are the answer though. 

37 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

It’s certainly a signing that doesn’t fit the Barca template for the past 15+ years.

Maybe Xavi doesn’t think they have the players to play that way at the moment or the game has evolved away from that?

I do think they need to freshen things up and have a level of unpredictability, I don’t think Traore or Torres are the answer though. 

It tells me he doesn't have a clue. More Gary Neville than Cruyff.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

It's truly wonderful.

The fact they had to extend Umtiti's contract, a player they were hoping to sell as he's fucking useless and eating up wages, because the amortisation of having a five year contract as opposed a last year allowed them to sign Torres and stay within FFP is the most glorious example of capitalism 2.0 and I'm glad they're on the recieving end.

Fuck 'em, the 'more than a club' bellends.

Think about some of the magical footballers and easy-to-masterbate-to football they've enjoyed over most of the last 25 years or so. This shit must really hurt. 

How long until they're protesting like Bloos?

10 hours ago, Boss said:

They don't need to. He doesn't do anything with it. He scores a goal every 14 games. In fact, a small team's tactic against Barcelona will be allowing Traore to have the ball as much as possible knowing that it means the end to constant pressure and the concentration required for defending against a side that keeps the ball well. He'll be the release ball...for the opposition.

He could just about work as a wingback in a 3-5-2, but it would require the RCB and the central midfielder on his side to be very intelligent footballers because he would constantly be out of position and making poor decisions.

3 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

They don't need to. He doesn't do anything with it. He scores a goal every 14 games. In fact, a small team's tactic against Barcelona will be allowing Traore to have the ball as much as possible knowing that it means the end to constant pressure and the concentration required for defending against a side that keeps the ball well. He'll be the release ball...for the opposition.

He could just about work as a wingback in a 3-5-2, but it would require the RCB and the central midfielder on his side to be very intelligent footballers because he would constantly be out of position and making poor decisions.

That's how Conte got a tune out of Victor Moses when he used him as a wing back. He had Azpilicueta and Kante fulfilling those roles in the team, and ahead of Moses was Willian or Pedro who both used to put a shift in back then.

1 minute ago, Trumo said:

That's how Conte got a tune out of Victor Moses when he used him as a wing back. He had Azpilicueta and Kante fulfilling those roles in the team, and ahead of Moses was Willian or Pedro who both used to put a shift in back then.

Yes, agreed, but to be fair Moses is far more switched on than Traore. He did it briefly for Inter as well, after all. Someone as stupid as Traore would be car crash stuff in Serie A.

13 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

He's a very underrated player. People just look at stats and say he's shit. He's man of the match in most games he plays. Wijnaldum didn't score many goals or assists for us but he was a boss player. Traore causes chaos in every game he plays and there's something to be said for that. Teams have to double mark him at times, which creates opportunities for his teammates all over the pitch. On a loan with no obligation to buy it's a cracking deal, in my opinion.

• Upvote 5