You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2022 Transfer Thread

an tha

11 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think he'd be shite anywhere in this league. He should go off to a league where players who can't mind the ball can thrive. I don't know what that league is like, but it's not this one. He's clearly got some talent and his ability in and around the box often he looks quite decent. He's just a non-entity who is to simple to take possession from or keep from getting to the ball. 

He was alright at Southampton in his brief loan spell wasn't he? 

I imagine he'll be gone in the summer. Along with quite a few others hopefully. 

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

He was alright at Southampton in his brief loan spell wasn't he? 

I imagine he'll be gone in the summer. Along with quite a few others hopefully. 

He scored a couple, but hasenhuttl was critical of him at times.  As I remember he was available for 10m in the summer and Southampton showed no interest at all, which I think shows you where their mind was on him after seeing him in the flesh for half a season. 

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

He scored a couple, but hasenhuttl was critical of him at times.  As I remember he was available for 10m in the summer and Southampton showed no interest at all, which I think shows you where their mind was on him after seeing him in the flesh for half a season. 

On loan to Sassuolo/Villarreal/Hoffenheim it is then. 

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

Yes, got to get him out. And as he only cost 7.5m, you'd have thought it wouldn't be hard to find a buyer who will pay his asset value on the books, which I guess must be about half that now. 

Any idea how long his contract is? 

We'll fuck around for ages and just loan him out every year until it ends rather than just taking whatever for him and moving on. 

I reckon Minamino would go alright in Germany. He’s a decent little player, just obviously not cut out for the Prem and especially what we need from our forwards.

Should be able to get our money back from a mid table German team, stick on a sell on clause just in case he’s amazing and Dortmund or someone go in for him.

• Upvote 1

Spanish press again saying we want Eduardo Camavinga, he's fallen out with Ancelotti and wants games. Not seen that much of him but he's really highly rated. Getting him and Carvalho in the summer would be a great youth injection. Would give us some amazing young talent under 24 Elliot,Jones, Kelleher,Konate,Trent,Gomez Gordon. Add to that Jota and Tsimikas both under 26. 

Be a good start to the summer if possible

13 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Spanish press again saying we want Eduardo Camavinga, he's fallen out with Ancelotti and wants games. Not seen that much of him but he's really highly rated. Getting him and Carvalho in the summer would be a great youth injection. Would give us some amazing young talent under 24 Elliot,Jones, Kelleher,Konate,Trent,Gomez Gordon. Add to that Jota and Tsimikas both under 26. 

Be a good start to the summer if possible

I like Valverde. 

53 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

That kopworld guy on twitter, who in fairness is usually fairly accurate has just tweeted that tchouameni is a done deal for the summer. 

I can't say I've seen anything of him besides a few YouTube videos, but he looks like Paul pogba, if he bothered trying to play

I'm all for transfer gossip but this is one rumour tchouameni

• Upvote 10

I don’t think Minamino is as shit as is made out. He’s fine. His biggest problem is that he’s not good enough to influence a game, you play him when you’re coasting not if you need to turn a game around. Origi for all his faults has it in his locker to do something mad and turn a game around every now and then. Minamino is like the Joe Allen of forwards.

Minamino clearly just lacks top level talent. It's why he can't really effect any games besides ones in the League Cup. And even then, he's been decisive in the final third but not very dominant in his performances.

He's still someone I would want to see the ball drop to in the box, his miss against Arsenal notwithstanding, but I don't want to see him in any starting 11 of a league game or other important game. He should go to a decent Bundesliga club. That will suit him.

1 hour ago, El Dangerous said:

I don’t think Minamino is as shit as is made out. He’s fine. His biggest problem is that he’s not good enough to influence a game, you play him when you’re coasting not if you need to turn a game around. Origi for all his faults has it in his locker to do something mad and turn a game around every now and then. Minamino is like the Joe Allen of forwards.

He's only as shit as Joe Allen? 

4 hours ago, El Dangerous said:

Joe Allen wasn't good enough though! So what you're saying is send him off to a club to get relegated and let him play in the championship?

10 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

That kopworld guy on twitter, who in fairness is usually fairly accurate has just tweeted that tchouameni is a done deal for the summer. 

I can't say I've seen anything of him besides a few YouTube videos, but he looks like Paul pogba, if he bothered trying to play

I’ve only seen comps of his too, but I’m not convinced. His technique is nothing special and he doesn’t seem to be a creative type. Playing him as a number 8 either side of Fabinho would be destructive to our forward play IMO.

5 hours ago, El Dangerous said:

This is where I’m at with Taki. Don’t really see the urgency to sell him this window.