You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2022 Transfer Thread

an tha

2 hours ago, Lee909 said:

One for the French 'experts'

Being linked with Randal Kolo Muani

Nantes striker, available on a bosman in the summer  might leave in January instead. Transfermarkt has him as a striker but can play wide. 

Pretty sure he's already agreed to sign for a German club. I think either Frankfurt or Freiburg.

Origi -£15m

Gomez- £40m

Firmino-£20m

Milner-Free

£75m

Carvalho-Free

Big Nat stays-Priceless

New Forward

Bellingham-£70m-£100m

Salah signs a new contract and jobs a good’un. For what it’s worth I’d keep Bobby but got a feeling he’ll go and we’ll sign a wildcard punt as his replacement or pretend Taki can do his job and we’ll let Mane run his contract down. Keita, Ox and Thiago won’t be leaving with the first two being unflushable and I actually think they’re decent squad players anyway. Elliot, Jones and Bellingham have potential to be the most exciting Brexit midfield ever.

On 22/01/2022 at 14:53, John102 said:

From the same account. Huge if true.

Unfortunately a few months ago the same account said the deal was already signed and was going to be announced at some point. I guess this post means it's going backwards.

5 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Yea - was sexy time when they showed him on the bench next to Pulisic and Werner.

3 of the best players from the German league, struggling for game time with the 3rd best team in England.

Bellingham for anything over 20 million is a massive gamble.

6 hours ago, El Dangerous said:

Origi -£15m

Gomez- £40m

Firmino-£20m

Milner-Free

£75m

Carvalho-Free

Big Nat stays-Priceless

New Forward

Bellingham-£70m-£100m

Salah signs a new contract and jobs a good’un. For what it’s worth I’d keep Bobby but got a feeling he’ll go and we’ll sign a wildcard punt as his replacement or pretend Taki can do his job and we’ll let Mane run his contract down. Keita, Ox and Thiago won’t be leaving with the first two being unflushable and I actually think they’re decent squad players anyway. Elliot, Jones and Bellingham have potential to be the most exciting Brexit midfield ever.

Time to bomb minamino, we can't possibly persist with him again. This month was his chance. Salah and Mane at afcon. Divock out injured. In fact on Thursday Chamberlain was injured. And he still can't get a start. He's just a waste of a squad place. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Time to bomb minamino, we can't possibly persist with him again. This month was his chance. Salah and Mane at afcon. Divock out injured. In fact on Thursday Chamberlain was injured. And he still can't get a start. He's just a waste of a squad place. 

Agreed, terrible player

23 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

He'd be fine at a side like Brighton or Southampton. A team that knocks the ball around and aims to finish 10th. 

I think he'd be shite anywhere in this league. He should go off to a league where players who can't mind the ball can thrive. I don't know what that league is like, but it's not this one. He's clearly got some talent and his ability in and around the box often he looks quite decent. He's just a non-entity who is to simple to take possession from or keep from getting to the ball. 

• Upvote 1