You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2022 Transfer Thread

an tha

2 hours ago, aws said:

Traore would be a good addition to the squad as I'm sure Jurgen could turn him into a real threat.  Probably a bench option but let's face it we're not shelling out for anyone good enough to walk into the side. 

39 minutes ago, aws said:

We wouldn't want Traore  to score or assist just to create mayhem. Ten minutes to go, passing it aimlessly between our midfielders in front of a packed defence, waiting for the next Henderson lofted cross to the far post - it's Adama time. 

Et tu, Andrew? Et tu?

db7fdca2-bda4-4449-9524-d13d7a6afb50_tex

• Upvote 1

I don't want to go to my grave wondering what Jurgen could have done with him. Just buy him, give him 6 months and if it doesn't work out give him to Leeds as part of the Raphinha deal. Bielsa bought Daniel James, he loves a lost cause with pace.

1 hour ago, clockspeed said:

Anyone else like the look of Ramsey from villa. Didn’t know much about him but watching  a bit of villa since stevie went there and thought he decent young player. Just wondering has he been on anyone else’s radar ?

He’s on my radar but I’m just monitoring him for now. Another good season and I’ll be poised to aggressively monitor him. 

5 hours ago, clockspeed said:

Anyone else like the look of Ramsey from villa. Didn’t know much about him but watching  a bit of villa since stevie went there and thought he decent young player. Just wondering has he been on anyone else’s radar ?

I've watched a bit of them because of Stevie and agree, he looks a good prospect. Works hard, movement is good. Seems to know when to make a pass. He doesn't look a world beater, but certainly a lot of the attributes we need in a midfielder. But my sample size watching him is pretty small to be honest, but he probably has been the most interesting player at villa in the games I've watched.