You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2022 Transfer Thread

an tha

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

Dembele is 24. I'm not saying we should rehabilitate him, but he has plenty of time. It's not similar to someone like Hart. 

Dembele is a flop. If you watch the games for Barcelona they are desperate to get rid of him. He's as far away from the kid that burst through at Rennes as it's possible to imagine. He's been perpetually injured for 2 years. Klopp will want nothing to do with him, and rightfully so.

7 minutes ago, Boss said:

Dembele is a flop. If you watch the games for Barcelona they are desperate to get rid of him. He's as far away from the kid that burst through at Rennes as it's possible to imagine. He's been perpetually injured for 2 years. Klopp will want nothing to do with him, and rightfully so.

Barca are a joke, though. They tried their best to get rid of Coutinho as well the entire time.

8 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Barca are a joke, though. They tried their best to get rid of Coutinho as well the entire time.

Coutinho's a significantly better player. Dembele would be lucky to score 5 goals a season in the Premier League. He's not prolific enough to warrant a place in the front three, especially when there are players like Nkunku and Raphinha that could easily hit double figures without the baggage and wage demands. 

It's the type of deal that United would do pre-Rangnick. Big name to excite the fans, but the truth is, nowadays, he's a nothing player. 

3 minutes ago, Boss said:

Coutinho's a significantly better player. Dembele would be lucky to score 5 goals a season in the Premier League. He's not prolific enough to warrant a place in the front three, especially when there are players like Nkunku and Raphinha that could easily hit double figures without the baggage and wage demands. 

It's the type of deal that United would do pre-Rangnic. Big name to excite the fans, but the truth is, nowadays, he's a nothing player. 

Yes, Dembele could score more, he could have turned out way better. That wasn't really my point, though. Barcelona, like Man United recently, is where careers go to die. They ruin everybody and everything. His career at the highest level is not past saving. It doesn't mean it should be us, though. 

11 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Yes, Dembele could score more, he could have turned out way better. That wasn't really my point, though. Barcelona, like Man United recently, is where careers go to die. They ruin everybody and everything. His career at the highest level is not past saving. It doesn't mean it should be us, though. 

We've heard this all before about rejuvenating a wonder kid. It never works. It's Mario Balotelli all over again. 

It's the wages with Dembele. If you were talking even 150k a week I think they'd take a chance with no transfer fee. But the signing on fee and wages he wants are just ridiculous. He knows PSG will pay him well  with likely other smoney from totally legit ambassador roles for Qatar. Or Newcastle who will happily overpay to get names in

7 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Hahaha

How the mighty fall. And so much of it is Whisky nose fault

Manchester United will let England winger Jesse Lingard, 29, leave permanently this month, with Newcastle interested in signing him. However, the Red Devils will not let Lingard join West Ham or Tottenham as they do not want to strengthen a top-four rival.

Oh, my.

That is truly, truly a beautiful thing to read whilst hungover and feeling a little sorry for myself.

Apparently it’s cites a story in the Echo. Damned if I can find it, so I assume it’s bollocks. 

If Traore was £20m and was bought in as an upgrade to Minamino or Origi, I’d likely be Ok with it. However, it would be a signing I’d struggle to get excited about. 

B66DF0CE-B312-431C-ABC3-E7E0C5D3E430.png

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Laughing at the reports in the national press that we may struggle to get him over bad blood with Fulham who may prefer to sell to West Ham. 

Yeah cause Fulham hold the cards with a player who contract runs out in 6 months

Especially when we've let Fulham pay as 12months later on the Wilson transfer.