You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2022 Transfer Thread

an tha

41 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Klopp once said this about Dembele; "Oooh, he's on the market? Now I'm interested." That's a direct quote, in 2018. He might not be interested now, who could say, but he was once a fan.

The longer clubs leave it towards the end of the window, the more desperate Barca will be to sell. I could see him leaving for free, just so Barca could get rid of his wages.

There is 23 weeks until 1st July. Allegedly he currently earns £210k per week, almost a £5m saving.

14 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

He knew him from Dortmund days, not sure how Dembele was on the market a year after being the most expensive transfer.

Anywhoos - the problem with Dembele is he doesn't really score golas. 7 senior league seasons with 24 in the net is really quite shit.

Then of course there is the whole racisty thing. 

Your point was Klopp would never have him here. He's spoken positively about him in the past, that's something that goes against that. Things may have changed in his mind since then but we don't know that.

Whether we should actually try to sign him is very debateable, with lots of cons, I agree. I don't think we want him, but it's worth discussing at least.

32 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Your point was Klopp would never have him here. He's spoken positively about him in the past, that's something that goes against that. Things may have changed in his mind since then but we don't know that.

Whether we should actually try to sign him is very debateable, with lots of cons, I agree. I don't think we want him, but it's worth discussing at least.

Things change. I am quite sure with the racisty comments he came out with while in Japan, Klopp would now want nothing to do with him.

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

He knew him from Dortmund days, not sure how Dembele was on the market a year after being the most expensive transfer.

Anywhoos - the problem with Dembele is he doesn't really score golas. 7 senior league seasons with 24 in the net is really quite shit.

Then of course there is the whole racisty thing. 

Klopp might have been aware of Dembele, but the player didn't join Dortmund until summer 2016 so he's never been managed by Klopp.

28 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

He stayed in Klopps house when he moved to Dortmund. Trashed it.

Allegedly.

Wasn’t the story more he left the house in an incredible mess when he went to Barca - he basically packed a case and fucked off everything else to jump on the next flight? 

30 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Wasn’t the story more he left the house in an incredible mess when he went to Barca - he basically packed a case and fucked off everything else to jump on the next flight? 

Yea when he left France for Dortmund he stayed in Klopps house - trashed it and left to Barca.

Allegedly.

11 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

SSN did say they were quite far apart on a fee. 

I think £15m is probably not far off his value for his 1 in 8 output. 

Conte would likely make him a wing back anyway. His goal record isn't of huge importance to him, I wouldn't think. Not why he wants to sign him.

6 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Klopp once said this about Dembele; "Oooh, he's on the market? Now I'm interested." That's a direct quote, in 2018. He might not be interested now, who could say, but he was once a fan.

4 years is a long time in football. Joe Hart won the Golden Gloves in 2015 and by 2019 he was an unused second-string goalkeeper at Burnley.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Boss said:

4 years is a long time in football. Joe Hart won the Golden Gloves in 2015 and by 2019 he was an unused second-string goalkeeper at Burnley.

Dembele is 24. I'm not saying we should rehabilitate him, but he has plenty of time. It's not similar to someone like Hart. 

Hahaha

How the mighty fall. And so much of it is Whisky nose fault

Manchester United will let England winger Jesse Lingard, 29, leave permanently this month, with Newcastle interested in signing him. However, the Red Devils will not let Lingard join West Ham or Tottenham as they do not want to strengthen a top-four rival.

• Upvote 1