You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2022 Transfer Thread

an tha

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Don't worry. The echo is telling us 4m secret weapon will be like a new signing. 

Liverpool to unleash £4m secret weapon as Jurgen Klopp welcomes 'new signing'

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-set-unleash-4m-secret-22804680#ICID=Android_LFCEchoNewsApp_AppShare

Great news Baz, feel like a bit of twat being sarcastic now.

Was only thinking myself that Rhys Williams returning.....blah blah

13 hours ago, John102 said:

This may be old news but the big thing I learned from this tweet is that Arsenal fan TV favourite DT has been guilty of stalking his ex and had his sentence tripled.

Scenes 

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/aftv-regular-handed-increased-prison-sentence-for-violent-stalking-311800?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=FootballJOE&utm_campaign=feed

Dats MR DT to you blud!

A loan deal for Gomez that we could cancel at short notice would be a good move, I reckon. 

Perversely when we look back at last season, we’re so well stocked at centre half that he’s unlikely to play much at all over the next while, which isn’t ideal for him or us in getting him back up to speed after that awful injury. 

Phillips would be a more than adequate fourth choice in his absence. 

13 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Be interesting to keep an eye on Max Aarons (and Norwich's) slide.

His stock seems to have fallen slightly so if that continues you might be able to get him for close to Tsimikas money. Especially if they drop back into the Championship.

No chance unless he's in the last few months of his contract which he isn't.

2 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

He’s the Pitz

Played there a few years back with lads from work. All four of us got in a taxi in town, "where to lads?". 

"The Pitz please mate"

"THAT’S WHAT MY MRS IS LADS. THE FUCKING PITS"

Then randomly drove us to a closed fire station near Sandhills. 

I think he was having a bad day.

8 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Played there a few years back with lads from work. All four of us got in a taxi in town, "where to lads?". 

"The Pitz please mate"

"THAT’S WHAT MY MRS IS LADS. THE FUCKING PITS"

Then randomly drove us to a closed fire station near Sandhills. 

I think he was having a bad day.

Haha, been too a few parties there years ago.

4 hours ago, sir roger said:

They can trumpet shit like this and beat their chest as loud as they want but if he has a contract he doesn't have to do anything he doesn't want to.

They're fucking weird like that though Barcelona aren't they? It's like they just expect people to do as they're told. You could see them picking up the phone to someone "you were once interested in dembele, we've got a deal of a lifetime. 50m and he's yours". With 4 of our forwards out of contract within 18 months, it wouldn't be a shock to see him on our radar. My gut feeling is all these wage demands being out out there is just Barca trying to make him look a cunt as they know he's going. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I imagine Minamino might have some issues with Dembele.

And Klopp would never have him.

Klopp once said this about Dembele; "Oooh, he's on the market? Now I'm interested." That's a direct quote, in 2018. He might not be interested now, who could say, but he was once a fan.

33 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Klopp once said this about Dembele; "Oooh, he's on the market? Now I'm interested." That's a direct quote, in 2018. He might not be interested now, who could say, but he was once a fan.

He knew him from Dortmund days, not sure how Dembele was on the market a year after being the most expensive transfer.

Anywhoos - the problem with Dembele is he doesn't really score golas. 7 senior league seasons with 24 in the net is really quite shit.

Then of course there is the whole racisty thing.