You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2022 Transfer Thread

an tha

3 hours ago, Arnaud said:

Dembele was fine in Rennes and Dortmund. The issue was in Barca, where they didn’t know how to handle him physically properly.

He wasn’t serious with his diet obviously but he’s fixed it.

Deschamps likes him a lot, and he’s obsessed with discipline and behavior.

The real issue is his fitness because he’s been injured so many times. 

Has Deschamps said he likes him? He still does get picked when he isn't injured, but has there been a comment about him from Deschamps, like that he likes him as a person? I haven't seen it.

I think with Dembele, everyone rates him. He can make things happen in any game. But I think everyone wishes he could be healthy and that he'd get out of his own way. He is a risk with his wage demands as well.

At Rennes, he was so promising as a teenager, so talented. Two footed, end product, speed...

32 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

This may be old news but the big thing I learned from this tweet is that Arsenal fan TV favourite DT has been guilty of stalking his ex and had his sentence tripled.

Scenes 

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/aftv-regular-handed-increased-prison-sentence-for-violent-stalking-311800?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=FootballJOE&utm_campaign=feed

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

8 cards in 13 appearances last season -- we need clarity here.

Capture.PNG

19 minutes ago, Code said:

Premier League 2? 

what is that, the reserves?

8 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Its the Academy League I think.

I wonder if the computer has picked up the 8 from the previous column

( assists ? )

Yeah, PL2 is the Under 23s league.

As for the number of bookings, it does look like that Transfermarkt have made a little booboo there.

If you check his overall career stats, he's picked up 7 yellow cards over 3 seasons in PL2:

image.png.fb9987c3a5d4d532e02de264ea75163d.png

image.png.ab55592c9dddffc7c0974cc0f419cefb.png

In the 20/21 season, he picked up 5 bookings according to the detailed stats:

image.png.75991bfe01d1987be589b5e8958c6c45.png

3 of the 5 bookings were right at the end of games that Fulham were winning, so I'd suggest the bookings were for time-wasting.

6 hours ago, Arnaud said:

Dembele was fine in Rennes and Dortmund. The issue was in Barca, where they didn’t know how to handle him physically properly.

He wasn’t serious with his diet obviously but he’s fixed it.

Deschamps likes him a lot, and he’s obsessed with discipline and behavior.

The real issue is his fitness because he’s been injured so many times. 

Off the pitch he's not really matured though, fined by the courts while at Dortmund for trashing a rented house, going on strike to force a move to Barca, staying up late gaming and being late for training on numerous occasions.

Coupled with the injuries, the money being asked for is a massive risk for someone who is yet to really apply himself.

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Has Deschamps said he likes him? He still does get picked when he isn't injured, but has there been a comment about him from Deschamps, like that he likes him as a person? I haven't seen it.

I think with Dembele, everyone rates him. He can make things happen in any game. But I think everyone wishes he could be healthy and that he'd get out of his own way. He is a risk with his wage demands as well.

At Rennes, he was so promising as a teenager, so talented. Two footed, end product, speed...

As far as Deschamps is concerned, it’s the same. If he doesn’t like you, you won’t get picked. Deschamps is really faithful to him. But he indeed told him to be more professional a couple of years ago.

6 hours ago, Dynamite said:

Yeah, PL2 is the Under 23s league.

As for the number of bookings, it does look like that Transfermarkt have made a little booboo there.

If you check his overall career stats, he's picked up 7 yellow cards over 3 seasons in PL2:

image.png.fb9987c3a5d4d532e02de264ea75163d.png

image.png.ab55592c9dddffc7c0974cc0f419cefb.png

In the 20/21 season, he picked up 5 bookings according to the detailed stats:

image.png.75991bfe01d1987be589b5e8958c6c45.png

3 of the 5 bookings were right at the end of games that Fulham were winning, so I'd suggest the bookings were for time-wasting.

Likely, and I'd guess a few of the ones in the EPL2 was likely a reaction to some of the tackles he was getting. 

9 hours ago, John102 said:

This may be old news but the big thing I learned from this tweet is that Arsenal fan TV favourite DT has been guilty of stalking his ex and had his sentence tripled.

Scenes 

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/aftv-regular-handed-increased-prison-sentence-for-violent-stalking-311800?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=FootballJOE&utm_campaign=feed

And he had the nerve to slag off Arsene Wenger? YouTube is full of cunts.

12 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Do we have a spreadsheet/graph yet for,

FFS we ain't signing anyone again.

Start the summer transfer thread.

Don't worry. The echo is telling us 4m secret weapon will be like a new signing. 

Liverpool to unleash £4m secret weapon as Jurgen Klopp welcomes 'new signing'

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-set-unleash-4m-secret-22804680#ICID=Android_LFCEchoNewsApp_AppShare

5 hours ago, Crazy Dave said:

There's some red flags with that Carvalho lad. 

Why would a 19 year old who is appearing regularly for a side challenging for promotion to the Premier League be looking to leave if it wasn't about money?

Throw in the Jorge Mendes factor and we'd be advised to stay well clear. 

He probably wants to play under Klopp after seeing what Elliot has done. Carvalho would probably get games after a season acclimatisation period to get him used to our style. Elliot was the best teenager in the Championship last season and Carvalho is the best this season.