You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2022 Transfer Thread

an tha

8 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Increasingly, they remind me of my long estranged, tight-arse dad, who would plead poverty when it came to his kids but always had enough knocking about for a new car, overseas holiday or mid-life crisis motorbike.

Also like my parents. Jumped at the chance to open a trust fund for my kids because they believed they would get £250 for opening it but didn't realise it was for parents only. 

Bit like the way FSG are always at the front of the queue when they think there's more money to be handed out but never put their hands in their pockets.

• Upvote 1

Real Madrid or Barcelona must spend 350 million euros (£292m) in order to sign Norway striker Erling Braut Haaland from Borussia Dortmund, a figure that includes the 21-year-old's transfer fee, wages across a six-year deal and commissions paid to his agent Mino Raiola and his father. (Marca)

Fucking crazy money

Raiola is a fucking cancer on football and the sooner he's run out the game the better. He will be demanding better terms within three years or he will move Haaland on

3 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Real Madrid or Barcelona must spend 350 million euros (£292m) in order to sign Norway striker Erling Braut Haaland from Borussia Dortmund, a figure that includes the 21-year-old's transfer fee, wages across a six-year deal and commissions paid to his agent Mino Raiola and his father. (Marca)

Fucking crazy money

Raiola is a fucking cancer on football and the sooner he's run out the game the better. He will be demanding better terms within three years or he will move Haaland on

So he wants €900k per week? Will anyone pay that? 

17 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

So he wants €900k per week? Will anyone pay that? 

No, but City will pay two hundred grand a week and he will conveniently become head of logistics at etisalat staff room facilitation areas, non attendance, officer on seven hundred grand a week.

All legit, obvs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

8 minutes ago, aRdja said:

We can do a lot worse than bringing Ward-Prowse in this summer. If there’s a better right foot in the world at the moment, I have yet to see it.

Bamford. Ward-Prowse. You’re spoiling us, ambassador.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

He hasn’t got the best right foot in the world, but I do like Ward-Prowse.

It would have been interesting to see how he might have been if Klopp had have got him a few years ago.

If we're going to sign a 27 year old, I think it should be a finished product. Ward-Prowse would feel like a project to me. He does ok, but personally I think he feels like the type of signing Newcastle would make. 

31 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

What a cheeky cunt that raiola is. I can't believe the clubs don't chase him. 

90% of football is greed and selfishness - there's always someone willing to pay up. 

I feel pretty uncomfortable us giving Salah £400,000 a week (even though I know other clubs will).

Where does it all end? 

I want Bellingham because I like the cut of his jib and I reckon he really wants to come plus where he plays adding athleticism and technical ability to our midfield alongside his age, a young player for a long term plan. He'd also be a huge boost to the psychology surrounding the club. We need this FSG... I need this.

Look whether you are 100 percent behind FSG and  really want this self sufficient model to work the truth is minus 3 million spend bottom of the table when it comes to owners adding money into their own investment to make it grow is unacceptable. Its not piling debt on to the club and they just walk away, it's them making improvements to their own house and getting a better return when they sell up, they don't just fuck off and this debt exists forever for whoever takes over. They can spend, still be self sufficient and improve the side  the books don't have to balance every year, some years make up for others, we can spend 250 million and still not fall foul of FFP apparently so that's no excuse. Spending doesn't turn you into City just like one drink doesn't turn you into an alcoholic.

Few are asking for a bonanza. Improve the team. Id be livid if we lose Klopp without maximising the potential of what we can achieve realistically. There's no way this team/club stays relevant with how it currently funds the side, you have to be absolutely perfect with buying selling and the timing of both. Its not money gifted from the owners this is their business, if they just wanted a company to invest their cash to keep safe and get a solid return, they shouldn't bother with elite sports buy the fucking house of Frasier because elite football is sport where you have to spend money. It grows thin being the poorest fuckers every transfer window, one of the absolute elite clubs in the world and even Jared Bowrn gets spoken about like he'd be out of our price range now because he's in good form. 

Our midfield needs the Allison, VVD treatment.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, aRdja said:

We can do a lot worse than bringing Ward-Prowse in this summer. If there’s a better right foot in the world at the moment, I have yet to see it.

He’d walk into our first team. Disagree on the best right foot in the world thing, though - we already have that. 

Anyway, the moment has probably passed for signing him. We’d pay a fortune for him now. Should have gone for a him a couple of seasons ago.

Could easily imagine City or Chelsea signing him for £50m just to plug a long-term injury gap. That’s what we’re competing with, though given that we don’t actually buy players any more, we’re not actually competing with it. 

2 hours ago, aRdja said:

Market value around £25-30m. Club captain. Contracted until 2026. Southampton under no pressure to sell. Player making no noise about leaving. Add £15m to market value because of the above. FSG tight bastards. 

Rather unlikely in my opinion.

Just now, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Market value around £25-30m. Club captain. Contracted until 2026. Southampton under no pressure to sell. Player making no noise about leaving. Add £15m to market value because of the above. FSG tight bastards. 

Rather unlikely in my opinion.

We should be all over it at that price, though we still probably wouldn’t bother. Think he’d go for more myself.