You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2022 Transfer Thread

an tha

3 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

He's one of these hipster players isn't he? I hear his name more than most. I get tired of these next great thing fellas who pop up before ending up shite but somehow maintain their transfer window presence for 10 years. And all the hipsters always think he's the one and there'll never be another like him. 

39 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

He's one of these hipster players isn't he? I hear his name more than most. I get tired of these next great thing fellas who pop up before ending up shite but somehow maintain their transfer window presence for 10 years. And all the hipsters always think he's the one and there'll never be another like him. 

He's one of the best young Centre mid's on the market, obviously his name will be thrown around. What do you want people to do? Pretend like no one's interested in him?

So unless we give Origi enough PL starts between now and the end of the season, his contract extension clause wont kick in. Meaning we effectively lose him for free at the end of the season unless we get a buyer this month.

His "injury" status looking a bit interesting now. (Tin foil hat fully on)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

He's one of the best young Centre mid's on the market, obviously his name will be thrown around. What do you want people to do? Pretend like no one's interested in him?

I'm just saying I'm bored of hipsters telling us about ordinary footballers are the next great thing and they never are. 

1 hour ago, Supremolad said:

So unless we give Origi enough PL starts between now and the end of the season, his contract extension clause wont kick in. Meaning we effectively lose him for free at the end of the season unless we get a buyer this month.

His "injury" status looking a bit interesting now. (Tin foil hat fully on)

I'm sure we'd be more than happy to take a few mil this window if that's the case. Perhaps we have an option on him regardless, but he gets a guaranteed 12 months should he start enough games. 

6 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Is kaide Gordon actually any good or is he another Lee Jones, Nemeth, Pacheco, Brewster a long list of the next superstar up and coming. Has anybody actually spent real time watching him.

Who cares? As long as his potential development can be used as a reason to not strengthen the team, it's all good. 

6 hours ago, aRdja said:

A powerful box-to-box midfielder apparently.

This comp is a bit underwhelming.

He’s been very good for two years. He’s also had a few games with France, and he was very good again. Everybody praises him. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Is kaide Gordon actually any good or is he another Lee Jones, Nemeth, Pacheco, Brewster a long list of the next superstar up and coming. Has anybody actually spent real time watching him.

He is only very young isnt he and i have read a few bits talking about how particular stats of his are very good.

I must be honest, in the handful of games i have seen of his, he hasnt stood out in a way that someone like Sterling did. It does feel a bit more Brewster like where its excellent potential rather than destined to make it. 

26 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm just saying I'm bored of hipsters telling us about ordinary footballers are the next great thing and they never are. 

He’s not ordinary. I don’t watch French Football that much, but I read l’Equipe every day, and they always speak about him with respect and high hopes. Monaco have struggled this year and he’s stood out.   I have seen him a few times, you can see he’s already very good and consistent. 

49 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Klopp must be like Andy Dufrense when he writes to the state department for funding for books for the prison library but gets told to fuck off every time. 

We never do things easy.  Jurgen knows you have to crawl through a load of shit to get to the Promised Land.  

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I think he's definitely better than those guys were at his age. He's looked good when he's played for the first team a few times. Especially in pre season with more senior players around him. He's quick enough and skilful enough to make it here but that would depend on how much longer Klopp stays in my opinion. Physically he needs to fill out more though. 

1 hour ago, Arnaud said:

He’s not ordinary. I don’t watch French Football that much, but I read l’Equipe every day, and they always speak about him with respect and high hopes. Monaco have struggled this year and he’s stood out.   I have seen him a few times, you can see he’s already very good and consistent. 

I think this is my point. It's like it becomes a fashion to talk highly of certain players and it's always the same hipsters who do it and they all talk about the same players trying to out do each other with their praise. And nearly all of these players fail to live up to their hype the moment they leave where they are. But then 12 months later, because these fellas can't let go, they'll be linked with everyone again finding some excuse why this delicate soul can't produce where he is and pinpoint about 13 minutes in some game that proves the player is brilliant. It's a shitness of modern football for me.