You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2022 Transfer Thread

an tha

Since the Jota signing, it's far easier to diagnose what kinds of forwards we're legitimately interested in. Cause it had been a while since we'd signed one so the jury was kind of out, but now it's pretty clear. 

They have to be versatile, they have to score goals and they have to have this physicality, pace, or at least engine. He might be good, but you take one look at this Luis Diaz and you can tell we're likely not interested. 

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

it's far easier to diagnose what kinds of forwards we're legitimately interested in.

They have to be versatile, they have to score goals and they have to have this physicality, pace, or at least engine. 

Forwards in our system need all in abundance. Mane would play left midfield for alot of teams.

6 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

While I agree with all that, I'm convinced Jota is much better than we ever imagined.

Jota might be very good anyway, but what puts him and others over the top is fitting the style, tactics of the coach, having the qualities Klopp wants, etc... And if you narrow it down to that, maybe you can predict who we're more likely to sign and what rumours are bollocks. 

It's not a given that teams sign players and give them a platform to succeed. Just before Klopp came here, we signed a limited target man centre forward and had Firmino playing on the right wing. 

9 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Since the Jota signing, it's far easier to diagnose what kinds of forwards we're legitimately interested in. Cause it had been a while since we'd signed one so the jury was kind of out, but now it's pretty clear. 

They have to be versatile, they have to score goals and they have to have this physicality, pace, or at least engine. He might be good, but you take one look at this Luis Diaz and you can tell we're likely not interested. 

Minimino doesn't have half them traits. Which I think means you can't rule anyone out, once they have work ethic and a good attitude they could be considered realistic.  Stamina, goals, positioning, they can work on all that if they can see other potential. 

23 minutes ago, No2 said:

Minimino doesn't have half them traits. Which I think means you can't rule anyone out, once they have work ethic and a good attitude they could be considered realistic.  Stamina, goals, positioning, they can work on all that if they can see other potential. 

Minamino was bought because he was cheap, played well against us and it was probably thought he could be moulded into Bobby's back up.

I like him but we should have got that Hwang lad that's gone to Wolves instead.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Em City said:

Minamino was bought because he was cheap, played well against us and it was probably thought he could be moulded into Bobby's back up.

I like him but we should have got that Hwang lad that's gone to Wolves instead.

To play where, exactly?

16 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Jota might be very good anyway, but what puts him and others over the top is fitting the style, tactics of the coach, having the qualities Klopp wants, etc... And if you narrow it down to that, maybe you can predict who we're more likely to sign and what rumours are bollocks. 

It's not a given that teams sign players and give them a platform to succeed. Just before Klopp came here, we signed a limited target man centre forward and had Firmino playing on the right wing. 

Jonathan David and Raphinha would fit our style of play. 

13 minutes ago, Boss said:

Jonathan David and Raphinha would fit our style of play. 

David for sure fits the style, ticks all the boxes. Raphinha, I agree less. His positioning seems more to be one of a wide player. I don't know if he has the forward instincts or the physicality. 

Sarr is another who would be interesting if he played more centrally but he's been shunted out to the right wing so it's hard to tell if he can combine in the centre with players well and has the interplay. He was a striker at times in France but that was a while ago. 

15 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I'm all in on Bellingham because Anfield should sing Hey Jude. Unless there's a cheaper Jude around who will get in the team.

10 Judes Who Play Professional Football Who Could Save Liverpool Millions This January - Number Four Will Shock You

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I've never seen a player look more likely to tell his agent to get him to Barcelona after 10 decent games.  

Cunts like that need a season or two at Leeds or Brighton before they realise Liverpool are a destination, not a stepping stone.  

Yeah but think of all the Colombian fans we'll get and who will register on the site like what happened on GOT when they signed Hamezzzz. 

Wait Until Juan Rojo and PaisleyPuertas1982 register on here. 

3 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

David for sure fits the style, ticks all the boxes. Raphinha, I agree less. His positioning seems more to be one of a wide player. I don't know if he has the forward instincts or the physicality. 

Sarr is another who would be interesting if he played more centrally but he's been shunted out to the right wing so it's hard to tell if he can combine in the centre with players well and has the interplay. He was a striker at times in France but that was a while ago. 

Did Salah play centrally at Roma?

1 minute ago, aRdja said:

Did Salah play centrally at Roma?

Probably sometimes but mostly on the right. The thing was though, he had a goalscoring pedigree when we signed him and when you watched him, he scored loads of goals in the box, poachers finishes, instinct in the final third. He projected as a real forward. 

6 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Probably sometimes but mostly on the right. The thing was though, he had a goalscoring pedigree when we signed him and when you watched him, he scored loads of goals in the box, poachers finishes, instinct in the final third. He projected as a real forward. 

Raphinha has been scoring freely this season. I get that he plays more like a winger than our wide forwards do but there’s no reason he wouldn’t be able to adapt his game like Salah or Gini did. I like Raphinha, he’s a very direct player, doesn’t muck about and just charges towards goal.

2 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Raphinha has been scoring freely this season. I get that he plays more like a winger than our wide forwards do but there’s no reason he wouldn’t be able to adapt his game like Salah or Gini did. I like Raphinha, he’s a very direct player, doesn’t muck about and just charge towards goal.

I don't disagree on Raphinha's talent, I think he's really good. He just doesn't seem like a natural fit to me. I'd be surprised if we paid a lot of money for him.