You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2022 Transfer Thread

an tha

https://www.espn.com.au/football/soccer-transfers/story/4502910/erling-haaland-wants-30m-per-year-wages-as-man-utdcitychelseareal-madrid-eye-bid-sources

If you don't want greedy, corrupt Saudis owning your club... then, seriously, how can you want a 21-year-old kid who wants to be paid 30m a year.

Get. To. Fuck. Son.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, magicrat said:

Selling Sterling was good business for us and City have had a decent return over the years despite his limitations in front of goal. They will get back more than they paid ln the full knowledge he won't improve .

It was not good business for us to sell a 20 year old Raheem Sterling. In the event of a sale, it should've been years later for close to a triple digit fee after he'd signed a new contract. Or we keep a very good English player we have developped and Klopp gets to make him even better.

4 hours ago, El Rojo said:

City being prepared to sell him to us would be telling enough, but I would have said the same about Milner back in the day.

If Klopp wanted him the strong likelihood is it would work out well, but I reckon it’s all just paper talk. 

They didnt have a lot of choice with Milner, his contract was up 

47 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Given he’ll be written down to nothing in their books still good business for them 

His last home game for us against QPR, I remember a lot of the old skool Kemmy boys giving him shit…” hey Sterling, you’re a worm”.He naturally looked round perplexed.

Not sure we give him the love he deserved either and his embrace with his landlords and appreciation at the 2019 Charity Shield showed he still cared for us.  I would love him back.

• Downvote 1

9 hours ago, JoeBuck01 said:

His last home game for us against QPR, I remember a lot of the old skool Kemmy boys giving him shit…” hey Sterling, you’re a worm”.He naturally looked round perplexed.

Not sure we give him the love he deserved either and his embrace with his landlords and appreciation at the 2019 Charity Shield showed he still cared for us.  I would love him back.

And his kid is a red too isn't she and sings Mo's song to him. 

His wank stain agent said he’d have stayed if Klopp was in charge didn’t he? I don’t blame him for leaving, he had no romantic ties to us, he helped us fuck over his boyhood club to come here at a pittance and when he left Rodgers had gone full Brent and was playing him wingback. He had a contract and decided not to renew, it’s the reason we have contracts, we made a fortune on him and he went to a team better placed to give him more trophies and money. 

Reckon he’d be a world beater if he’d have stayed though.

I've been watching a good bit of football of late, mainly Serie A or la liga. 

I'm trying to rack my brains as to who we should buy, and the mad thing is, it's hard to really see someone that could walk into our team and make it better. 

Forwards..... Mbappe perhaps, but he's not getting ahead of salah, and this seasons mane is better than him. 

Midfield, I've watched barella and kessie a bit, but although both are very good players, they're just not quick thinking enough for our team. 

Defence, same again, I wouldn't swap anyone, and don't get me started on the keeper, there's nobody better. 

We're in a cherished position lads. Savour it while it lasts.