You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2022 Transfer Thread

an tha

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Had a feeling that would happen to be honest. I imagine he'd want to keep on with Dortmund if they progress in the CL. Can defo see him there in the summer. We should be all over that. 

there's no being cup tied now though is there, so he can just play for city? if dortmund are happy to sell, i think he will go. 

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

I like Tchouameni, but I'm not sure he's a fit in our midfield. He's great at plenty of things but if he's playing ahead of Fabinho in a 4-3-3, it's maybe not good enough technically. He'll have loads of top clubs after him next summer, though.

Haven't really seen him at Monaco but in the French games in the last week, he seemed to be doing the pressing whilst Pogba slumbered by.  Looked technically gifted too. Don’t like the look of Kessie who seems too slow, but this kid seems like he’s got everything and just needs to be Klopped.

15 hours ago, JoeBuck01 said:

Haven't really seen him at Monaco but in the French games in the last week, he seemed to be doing the pressing whilst Pogba slumbered by.  Looked technically gifted too. Don’t like the look of Kessie who seems too slow, but this kid seems like he’s got everything and just needs to be Klopped.

We play with a lone holding player. So if it stays like that, the other two midfielders need to be more offensively inclined. Or at least top class technically. We neutered Wijnaldum to fit our system but he had that mix of being physically and technically gifted, and also with an attacking background. Tchouameni is very good but he's not in the mould of midfielder we have used. 

He was dribbling past two or three players at a time in the Danish league last season. I remember watching him because we were linked in the summer. He's definitely on our radar. Starting to really make his mark on the French league now as well, in only his third professional season.