You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2022 Transfer Thread

an tha

8 hours ago, El Rojo said:

I’m always surprised Ward-Prowse hasn’t moved on to a bigger club. Quality player.

Readymade nickname too - ‘Prowsey.’ 

Yeah, 26 years old, not amazingly mobile, am I unfairly getting Charlie Adam vibes? 

I like JWP, he's a menace from set pieces, intelligent, good technique...fuck me it's sounding even more like Adam. 

8 hours ago, Remmie said:

I bet you have this mug at work you wacky so and so

0_550x550_Back_Color-White.jpg

I don’t have that mug, but on the first Friday of every month I pretend that I’ve never met any of my workmates before until 9.45. You should see the expressions on some of the new/recent arrivals! 

• Upvote 1

On 17/09/2021 at 18:18, Lee909 said:

Harvey Barnes

Bellingham

Ollie Watkins

Bukayo Saka

I'd rather see if we could get Ollie Watkins than Bowen myself, and if Villa don't get into Europe they must soon have to try and bring money in as they have been spending shitloads, i know they got 100ml for Grealish but have spent over 300ml in the last 3 years and brought in around 110. 

GK

Fraser Forster

Scott Carson

John Ruddy

Alex McCarthy

They would all fit that 3rd keeper, or back up role better than Adrian if Khelleher went out on loan and HG

Midfield

Todd Cantwell deals ends at the end of the season(though they will extend it by a year as they have a option i think)

We were linked to Dwight McNeil at the end of the window, not sure how he would fit it, but i quiet like him as a player,pretty tricky and direct though i wonder how he would work without a target man up top.

Jesus Lee! Other than the first four, that's the worst list of suggested signings I've ever seen in my life!

Cantwell is fucking shit. He's a wish.com Grealish. Dwight McNeil is a DH Gate Downing.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Jamal Musiala should count as homegrown too. I know it’s Bundesliga but his highlights look impressive. Henry esque,

Musiala is dual national so does count as homegrown - Played for England at youth level, up to under 21.

The lad is a special player already and there's no way that Bayern are going to let him leave any time soon. He'd be the perfect long term replacement for Bobby in my opinion, but it's not going to happen.

5 minutes ago, Dynamite said:

Musiala is dual national so does count as homegrown - Played for England at youth level, up to under 21.

The lad is a special player already and there's no way that Bayern are going to let him leave any time soon. He'd be the perfect long term replacement for Bobby in my opinion, but it's not going to happen.

In a couple of years after he wins all the domestic trophies, I reckon he’ll want to test himself. Hopefully Real and Barca are still a mess then.  

35 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Callum Hudson-Odoi would be a good ‘moneyball’ signing IMO. Could cover left wing and right wing… He’s a good dribbler, he’s got pace, he needs to produce more but he’s still young.

What's remotely moneyball about him, isn't he on ludicrous money despite achieving the square route of fuck all in the game? 

• Upvote 3

Hudson-Odoi is very good and would be a great purchase, but Chelsea would never sell to us for any price other than something obscene, making sure there's no value there for us.

Adam Armstrong is an interesting shout. I remember reading about Harvey last season and their fans were arguing over whether he might not be Blackburn's second best player after Armstrong. I was left thinking "yeah, if he's not even the best player at Blackburn he might not be ready next season" but then he came and tore it up and it's got me thinking "if Armstrong is meant to be even better he might be really good you know."

7 hours ago, El Rojo said:

I don’t have that mug, but on the first Friday of every month I pretend that I’ve never met any of my workmates before until 9.45. You should see the expressions on some of the new/recent arrivals! 

How do the new arrivals know you're not a new arrival yourself?