You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2022 Transfer Thread

an tha

We have to have 8 home grown players for the squad

I can see that going up soon with the Brexit cunts in Government and the FA teaming up "For the good of the game"

I think its bollocks that Scots don't can't as home grown myself

Kelleher

Alexander-Arnold

Gomez

Henderson

Milner

Oxlade-Chamberlain

Elliott

Jones

N. Williams

Gordon

We are going to need to sign some homegrown players very soon

Surely Milner and Chamberlain get moved on soon though for different reasons

Its a shame having to register U21 as homegrown players as its a waste of a squad space as they can play unregistered. I think U21 from abroad would be a option aswell as no need to register them domestically so that young German striker at Salzberg makes sense. I guess thats why the links to the likes of Bowen are there even if they don't look good enough. Hopefully it might be something that gets them to push the boat out on talent like Bellingham. Also looking for a older veteran HG keeper would help

Harvey Barnes

Bellingham

Ollie Watkins

Bukayo Saka

I'd rather see if we could get Ollie Watkins than Bowen myself, and if Villa don't get into Europe they must soon have to try and bring money in as they have been spending shitloads, i know they got 100ml for Grealish but have spent over 300ml in the last 3 years and brought in around 110. 

GK

Fraser Forster

Scott Carson

John Ruddy

Alex McCarthy

They would all fit that 3rd keeper, or back up role better than Adrian if Khelleher went out on loan and HG

Midfield

Todd Cantwell deals ends at the end of the season(though they will extend it by a year as they have a option i think)

We were linked to Dwight McNeil at the end of the window, not sure how he would fit it, but i quiet like him as a player,pretty tricky and direct though i wonder how he would work without a target man up top.

2 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Harvey Barnes

Bellingham

Ollie Watkins

Bukayo Saka

I'd rather see if we could get Ollie Watkins than Bowen myself, and if Villa don't get into Europe they must soon have to try and bring money in as they have been spending shitloads, i know they got 100ml for Grealish but have spent over 300ml in the last 3 years and brought in around 110. 

GK

Fraser Forster

Scott Carson

John Ruddy

Alex McCarthy

They would all fit that 3rd keeper, or back up role better than Adrian if Khelleher went out on loan and HG

Midfield

Todd Cantwell deals ends at the end of the season(though they will extend it by a year as they have a option i think)

We were linked to Dwight McNeil at the end of the window, not sure how he would fit it, but i quiet like him as a player,pretty tricky and direct though i wonder how he would work without a target man up top.

I'd say most of the English players are out of our price range. Barnes and Watkins would be good fits but their prices would be prohibitive and wouldn't represent good value given they aren't top, top players.

Cantwell would probably make more sense as a squad player given his contract situation, as would the continuation of buying very young. For example, Elliott, Gordon, Bobby Clark.

33 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I'd say most of the English players are out of our price range. Barnes and Watkins would be good fits but their prices would be prohibitive and wouldn't represent good value given they aren't top, top players.

Cantwell would probably make more sense as a squad player given his contract situation, as would the continuation of buying very young. For example, Elliott, Gordon, Bobby Clark.

I agree they are far over paid but we need 8 for the squad 

If we wanted to inc Jones, Elliot,Gordon in next years squad we are ok, or even just signing a experienced 3rd choice keeper and leaving Gordon or Williams out. Need to be careful though as you could easily see Kelleher,Gomez,Williams and maybe even Jones asking to leave if they don't get games. I guess it depends on what we have to spend in the summer

Kelleher

Alexander-Arnold

Gomez

Henderson

Elliott

Jones

N. Williams

Gordon

Milner

Oxlade-Chamberlain

57 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Fucking hell - are people serious about these shit cunts mentioned? 

Most of the players mentioned on the last page are purely mentioned as we need to get Hone grown players in the squad and forcing Gordon,Williams into the squad to comply doesn't help. 

42 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

I get that. 

But fucking hell, they’re shite. 

To be fair how many great home grown players are there and fit into the age profile you would actually pay the fees they want. Outside of Barnes and Bellingham wouldn't want many of them. 

1 minute ago, lifetime fan said:

That was my point mate. 

Problem is Milner can't have long left. Surely Ox must be off next year, Williams hasn't progressed. Kelleher won't stick around as a number 2 long term. It doesn't leave many home grown players for the squad so you'll be having to look at who you can get. Add to that i can see the FA pushing to up the quota and the tory cunts will be more than willing to help. They'll need to be looking at it soon so they don't get stuck having to buy in a year or two. 

You look at the latest squad and theres now many there anyone would want. 

England squad:

Goalkeepers: Sam Johnstone (West Brom), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Nick Pope (Burnley)

Defenders: 

Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool),

Conor Coady (Wolves),

Reece James (Chelsea),

Harry Maguire (Manchester United),

Tyrone Mings (Aston Villa),

Luke Shaw (Manchester United),

John Stones (Manchester City),

Kieran Tripper (Atletico Madrid),

Kyle Walker (Manchester City)

Midfielders: 

Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool),

Jesse Lingard (Manchester United),

Mason Mount (Chelsea),

Kalvin Phillips (Leeds United),

Declan Rice (West Ham)

Forwards: 

Patrick Bamford (Leeds United),

Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Everton),

Jack Grealish (Manchester City),

Harry Kane (Tottenham),

Bukayo Saka (Arsenal),

Jadon Sancho (Manchester United), Raheem Sterling (Manchester 

The only realistic options id want are Bellingham and Saka, add that to Barnes and it picking the bones from shite, but you have little choice to do it. 

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Problem is Milner can't have long left. Surely Ox must be off next year, Williams hasn't progressed. Kelleher won't stick around as a number 2 long term. It doesn't leave many home grown players for the squad so you'll be having to look at who you can get. Add to that i can see the FA pushing to up the quota and the tory cunts will be more than willing to help. They'll need to be looking at it soon so they don't get stuck having to buy in a year or two. 

You look at the latest squad and theres now many there anyone would want. 

England squad:

Goalkeepers: Sam Johnstone (West Brom), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Nick Pope (Burnley)

Defenders: 

Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool),

Conor Coady (Wolves),

Reece James (Chelsea),

Harry Maguire (Manchester United),

Tyrone Mings (Aston Villa),

Luke Shaw (Manchester United),

John Stones (Manchester City),

Kieran Tripper (Atletico Madrid),

Kyle Walker (Manchester City)

Midfielders: 

Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool),

Jesse Lingard (Manchester United),

Mason Mount (Chelsea),

Kalvin Phillips (Leeds United),

Declan Rice (West Ham)

Forwards: 

Patrick Bamford (Leeds United),

Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Everton),

Jack Grealish (Manchester City),

Harry Kane (Tottenham),

Bukayo Saka (Arsenal),

Jadon Sancho (Manchester United), Raheem Sterling (Manchester 

The only realistic options id want are Bellingham and Saka, add that to Barnes and it picking the bones from shite, but you have little choice to do it. 

Oh I don’t know what the answer is mate. 

I just know the question is fucking fucked. 

Kelvin Phillips really impressed me during the Euros. He seems very committed to Leeds though and I don't think he'd leave unless they got relegated. 

I think he would fit in well in to our midfield system and he'd be better suited to it than some of the players we currently have. At 25 he's the right sort of age we need too. 

Bellingham is the obvious one, but I feel like we have missed the boat on that one. He is going to go for huge money when Dortmund do decide to sell him.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Kelvin Phillips really impressed me during the Euros. He seems very committed to Leeds though and I don't think he'd leave unless they got relegated. 

I think he would fit in well in to our midfield system and he'd be better suited to it than some of the players we currently have. At 25 he's the right sort of age we need too. 

Bellingham is the obvious one, but I feel like we have missed the boat on that one. He is going to go for huge money when Dortmund do decide to sell him.

Phillips will be 26 and half by the end of the season. I think he's past the age we will look at imho

2 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

He could fill in at CH as well say if we have another crisis at the back. 

15 hours ago, Lee909 said:

We have to have 8 home grown players for the squad

I can see that going up soon with the Brexit cunts in Government and the FA teaming up "For the good of the game"

I think its bollocks that Scots don't can't as home grown myself

Kelleher

Alexander-Arnold

Gomez

Henderson

Milner

Oxlade-Chamberlain

Elliott

Jones

N. Williams

Gordon

We are going to need to sign some homegrown players very soon

Surely Milner and Chamberlain get moved on soon though for different reasons

Its a shame having to register U21 as homegrown players as its a waste of a squad space as they can play unregistered. I think U21 from abroad would be a option aswell as no need to register them domestically so that young German striker at Salzberg makes sense. I guess thats why the links to the likes of Bowen are there even if they don't look good enough. Hopefully it might be something that gets them to push the boat out on talent like Bellingham. Also looking for a older veteran HG keeper would help

Cockney fucker