You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2022 Transfer Thread

an tha

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Keita by far the biggest disappointment for me 65 million quid waiting another year after we bought him listening to what a monstar of a player he was and he turns up like an under 9 in a pub side.

If he had turned out to be the player we'd expected, I wonder whether the "Fuck You FSG" thread might have been a bit quieter.

Probably not.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Keita by far the biggest disappointment for me 65 million quid waiting another year after we bought him listening to what a monstar of a player he was and he turns up like an under 9 in a pub side.

Jesus. Don’t know how Naby can come back from this. And I thought @Justice Negs was the chief hater around here…

• Upvote 1

For a side who ‘can’t afford to let everyone get old at the same time’, not signing new, younger players while tying/seeking to tie nearly all the existing first-teamers down to long-term contracts is an interesting take on what that looks like.

What happens with Bobby and Sadio will be interesting, especially if we do manage to get Mo tied down.

On 03/09/2021 at 09:40, Barrington Womble said:

To be fair vvd was only a January signing because we'd fucked the summer up so badly.

And weren't coutinho and strurridge on the back of the "apology" summer window? And Suarez happened because we lost Torres. It doesn't fill me with enormous confidence we'll be looking for anyone. 

Suarez was intended to play up front with Torres. Andy Carroll was signed when Torres left. 

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Suarez was intended to play up front with Torres. Andy Carroll was signed when Torres left. 

That was the PR, but we refused to go half way with Ajax on the fee until the offer for Torres came, then we just hit their number. So I've no doubt when we scouted him that was the plan, but the deal wouldn't have happened had Torres not left. Then we signed Carroll too because fsg knew they couldn't be seen to make a profit in their 1st window and Babel had left as well as Torres. In their very 1st window we saw their sell to buy policy in place. 

2 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Isak looks like he could be good, assume we’d have to change shape to accommodate him. My only question is didn’t he sign a contract recently? So assume he wouldn’t be 60m?

On 03/09/2021 at 17:55, MegadriveMan said:

I remember at the time being so pissed of we'd spent £35 million on Carroll because we could have got Aguero for a similar amount. Imagine how differently things could have played out if we'd sold Torres and Babel and replaced them with Suarez and Aguero. 

Still freaks my nut out to this day

13 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Seconded.

Yeah, no time for him whatsoever.

Ged saw through the big shithouse.

'When Houllier introduced himself to the players Ruddock wasn't impressed. "Houllier came into the dressing room and he went to Fowler, 'Ahh, Robbie Fowler,' went to David James: 'hello, David,' he comes to me and said: 'I'm sorry, what is your name?' I said, 'Have you been in a coma for 15 years?' Everyone laughed. He didn't get my sense of humour. I think it was about a week later I was gone."'

14 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

'When Houllier introduced himself to the players Ruddock wasn't impressed. "Houllier came into the dressing room and he went to Fowler, 'Ahh, Robbie Fowler,' went to David James: 'hello, David,' he comes to me and said: 'I'm sorry, what is your name?' I said, 'Have you been in a coma for 15 years?' Everyone laughed. He didn't get my sense of humour. I think it was about a week later I was gone."'

Not about humour about being a disrespectful slob with no self awareness.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Where's that from? Does Ruddock have a book? 

You've got to think Evans gave houllier a run down on everyone and he's done that deliberately. 

7 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Where's that from? Does Ruddock have a book? 

You've got to think Evans gave houllier a run down on everyone and he's done that deliberately. 

Yeah, he had a book out not long after playing if memory serves me right, it's where the pound coin nonsense came out, I think?

Quote from here https://www.lfchistory.net/Players/Player/Profile/403

Edit: Just checked 'Hell Razor' the life and times of a fat dickhead was published in 1999.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Yeah, he had a book out not long after playing if memory serves me right, it's where the pound coin nonsense came out, I think?

Quote from here https://www.lfchistory.net/Players/Player/Profile/403

Edit: Just checked 'Hell Razor' the life and times of a fat dickhead was published in 1999.

Next time we have a beer I'll tell you about my.mate playing golf with him. 

• Upvote 1