You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Michael Edwards to step down

Red74

4 minutes ago, Moctezuma said:

This lad isn't thick, he knows that minus Klopp the work his team do is going to be seriously effected. I would imagine he's probably trying to line up a big contract with golden handshake elsewhere.

Mickey Edwards may actually be as shrewd as the Echo have been claiming.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

It's top draw trolling from the club last day or so of the window not only are we not signing anybody were going to end the window in profit and fuck off the person who does the signings.

No more person who does transfers = no more transfers. 4D chess…

4a5001b7beea096457f480c8808572428b-09-ro

younglings.jpg

JOHN-W-HENRY-e1619014041127-1024x682.png

“Master Edwards is leaving. We expect you all to be ready for the first team in two years.”

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I don't know about that. His reputation will be just fine, because he pretty much runs his own PR department telling everyone how great he is through the no mark journalists around the club. 

Well I'm not sure about that considering his genius was only recognised once Klopp got his feet under the table, funny that.

1 minute ago, Moo said:

I think whatever way you slice this, if Edwards is a good as the club have been telling us for years, then this is bad news and it would be a natural reaction to wonder if all is not right at the club.

Would it, he's not leaving tomorrow and, to date, there's no stories about us losing the entire analytics team as well. If all was not right and that's why he was leaving why would he see out his contract?

He's obviously a skilled negotiator and that's where his talents lie but he's not the sole person in charge of transfers at the club, he's the figurehead of the recruitment team.

All this trouble at the top stuff seems to be wishful think on some peoples behalf. 

2 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Would it, he's not leaving tomorrow and, to date, there's no stories about us losing the entire analytics team as well. If all was not right and that's why he was leaving why would he see out his contract?

He's obviously a skilled negotiator and that's where his talents lie but he's not the sole person in charge of transfers at the club, he's the figurehead of the recruitment team.

All this trouble at the top stuff seems to be wishful think on some peoples behalf. 

It wouldn't be a news story at all if it wasn't going to raise some eyebrows. It raises eyebrows because it's a big surprise, it's a big surprise because we've been told how integral he is and how it's all been going like clockwork.  It's a natural reaction, not wishful thinking, to wonder if something is not working as well as before (note, I never said it's completely broken down so much so that he can't stand to be at the club another day)

It's cloud-cuckoo clock land to always assume everything is hunky dory.

2 minutes ago, Moo said:

It wouldn't be a news story at all if it wasn't going to raise some eyebrows. It raises eyebrows because it's a big surprise, it's a big surprise because we've been told how integral he is and how it's all been going like clockwork.  It's a natural reaction, not wishful thinking, to wonder if something is not working as well as before (note, I never said it's completely broken down so much so that he can't stand to be at the club another day)

It's cloud-cuckoo clock land to always assume everything is hunky dory.

The interesting piece of news is that his contract is running down. No one knew that. He's become an internet darling in the last few years and he's simply leveraging that for more money, either here or somewhere else, as anyone else would do in that situation. 

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

The interesting piece of news is that his contract is running down. No one knew that. He's become an internet darling in the last few years and he's simply leveraging that for more money, either here or somewhere else, as anyone else would do in that situation. 

And the club already had an element of succession planning in place by promoting Julian Ward in 2020, all reports to date are that the decision is yet to be decided with 'amicable' discussions on going.

I mean, if you think a high profile member of the LFC backroom staff trying to engineer a better contract through the media (and I'm not saying that's the case) would not be erm "unusual" behaviour then I don't know what to say.