You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This chant that we are getting grief for

Bjornebye

26 minutes ago, an tha said:

Fair do's....all i can say is personally i have heard it every time i have been at a game v them and heard it loud and long and often - home, away or neutral.

It is on a par with 'blue and white shite' for the bitters and 'manchester is full of shit' for the manc mutants in terms of 'regularity....in my experience anyway, of course we all have different experiences....

I’m not doubting you mate I just genuinely don’t remember it

26 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Agreed.

Seeing a few reds on twitter having a go at Chelsea fans for singing Hillsborough songs yesterday. Now I got in the ground about 20 minutes before kick off and never heard them sing anything about it once and I sit about 50 feet away from the away end. 

They gave a short burst of sign on but that just got laughed down. 

Other than that they never shut up about being European champions. The bastards.

They sang loads about “you’ll never get a job “ and “we pay your benefits” to be fair and they booed taking the knee, still, mustn’t do whataboutery it’s all about us being twats….as per

11 hours ago, Paul said:

Posted some of this on Twitter yesterday and addressed it in the podcast last night, which Dave will be putting out imminently. Apologies for being repetitive but it’s worth putting here, I hope. 

It was deliberate yesterday; belligerent almost. Most Reds are being totally honest in saying there’s no homophobic intent, but they’re missing the fucking point. It’s a slap in the face to our LGBT+ fans. It’s hurtful to some of them. So knowing that, why continue? 

When they’re literally saying, “Please don’t”, why the fuck are some continuing? For fuck’s sake!!! We’ve all got LGBT+ family & friends. Why the fuck would we knowingly hurt them? It’s just fucking wrong, regardless of your intentions.

Blows my mind how people put shit like this in a mental box marked, “political

correctness” and then react to being told what to say accordingly when it’s got fuck all to do with being politically correct and everything to do with listening to how these words make other people feel.

Show some fucking empathy. Imagine how it feels to be bombarded with words, ideas and attitudes on a daily basis that make you feel unaccepted, rejected and worse. Just because of how you love. 

I felt angry and ashamed yesterday. It was kind of understandable before Kops Out and Klopp made their point, but there’s no excuse now. It was a “fuck you” to Klopp, Kops Out and all our LGBT+ fans yesterday and that’s a fucking disgrace. 

Spot on.

You see the same mentality with people railing against masks. It's a piece of cloth and a minor inconvenience but they never mentally progressed past ten years of age and will simply be contrarian because they 'don't like being told what to do." 

It's a shit chant anyway. You'd swear we're being asked to throw Fields of Anfield of Road in the bin because it makes light of the Irish Famine or something.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

Yes, I definitely have the moral superiority over the "top lad" matchgoers who sing the usual offensive nonsense to release the anger they have from the fact they lead miserable lives. 

Moral superiority?

How Evertonian of you.

2 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

It’s an all or nothing thing though. Singing about a football players mother liking Scouse cock for example, does that not go beyond nasty? We’re getting into that area again of who decides who can and can’t be offended and who decides.

A good rule of thumb is "do people get the shit beaten out of them for this?"

People get assaulted for being gay, black, Jewish, etc.

As far as I'm aware, nobody gets beaten up for liking Scouse cock, for signing on or for coming from a city that's full of shit, shit and more shit. Those songs might be considered offensive or they might be considered "bantz". Unlike the racist, homophobic and anti-Semitic stuff, they're not providing  part of the context of violent bigotry.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

A good rule of thumb is "do people get the shit beaten out of them for this?"

People get assaulted for being gay, black, Jewish, etc.

As far as I'm aware, nobody gets beaten up for liking Scouse cock, for signing on or for coming from a city that's full of shit, shit and more shit. Those songs might be considered offensive or they might be considered "bantz". Unlike the racist, homophobic and anti-Semitic stuff, they're not providing  part of the context of violent bigotry.

People get the shit beaten out of them for all manner of nothingness, we live in a violent society. More people get beaten for no reason than for the reasons you outline. You could add domestic violence. I take it Everton wives run for your lives is now off limits. It’s endless. Like I say, it’s all or nothing.

3 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Don't be a dick.

Gay people have been getting assaulted - in Liverpool. In 2021 - simply for being gay. This goes far, far beyond hurt feelings.

To be honest gay people have been getting assaulted in every city,even cities where the football teams dont sing about 'rent boys.' I dont think stopping this chant will have any effect on this unfortunately as it goes much deeper. And I think that to stop this behaviour,the football ground chants,will mean a whole different set of supporters attending matches. 

34 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

People get the shit beaten out of them for all manner of nothingness, we live in a violent society. More people get beaten for no reason than for the reasons you outline. You could add domestic violence. I take it Everton wives run for your lives is now off limits. It’s endless. Like I say, it’s all or nothing.

It's not endless - just daft to pretend it is - but that Everton wives shit can fuck off, too.