You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This chant that we are getting grief for

Bjornebye

Chelsea rent boy. 

It's been sung by teams all over the country for years. The first time I properly noticed it was Everton fans singing it to Gerrard at Goodison. (it might and probably was sung long before that by us) 

Now all of a sudden SSN are saying we've had to come out as a club to apologise? When the teams took the knee their end booed like fuck and every Red part of the stadium applauded it. This is some tory deflective bollocks, tar us as one of the most accepting fanbases in the country and let the racist cunts get away with it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Chelsea rent boy. 

It's been sung by teams all over the country for years. The first time I properly noticed it was Everton fans singing it to Gerrard at Goodison. (it might and probably was sung long before that by us) 

Now all of a sudden SSN are saying we've had to come out as a club to apologise? When the teams took the knee their end booed like fuck and every Red part of the stadium applauded it. This is some tory deflective bollocks, tar us as one of the most accepting fanbases in the country and let the racist cunts get away with it. 

Two completely separate issues here.

1.  The media often single us out. That's always been the case. No point getting stressed about it; it's never going to change.

2. That song is homophobic and shit. Liverpool fans' have called it out and said don't sing it. Liverpool's manager has done the same. Liverpool's captain has done the same.

Anyone who sings it after that is a cunt.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Have to say I didnt hear it from the SKD Upper so if any did, it was only a few although that's too many.

What block are you in kemlyn upper....? We were up there today in CE3 and what a few did try was 'blue and white shite' obviously to same tune, but never really took off!

6 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Two completely separate issues here.

1.  The media often single us out. That's always been the case. No point getting stressed about it; it's never going to change.

2. That song is homophobic and shit. Liverpool fans' have called it out and said don't sing it. Liverpool's manager has done the same. Liverpool's captain has done the same.

Anyone who sings it after that is a cunt.

Ok, I didn't sing it, it was already on my radar not to sing it but my point isn't "should it be sung or not' it's why all of a sudden are we getting twatted as a fan-base with it. Anyone who went the game today will know that when the players took the knee, the chelsea end booed and the reaction was a stadium of applause. How we are all of a sudden getting marked as a fanbase that is homophobic or whatever is a fucking joke 

5 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I heard it once on TV. I still don't understand why it's homophobic. 

Fuck me, we agree. Everyone do a lottery ticket. 

I always assumed it was sung at Gerrard as if he was on loan at us because he wanted to be at Chelsea. 

I honestly couldn't give a fuck if people in the media are pointing at us or whether other fans sing the same song or worse.

This is about us having our own standards and living up to them. Don't be a cunt.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/442135-liverpool-fc-statement-chelsea-anfield

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

You don't have to. Just accept that it is and, knowing that it is, that only a cunt would sing it.

I don't think it's unreasonable to want to understand the reasoning behind it. I feel like that's a pretty crucial element. 

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I honestly couldn't give a fuck if people in the media are pointing at us or whether other fans sing the same song or worse.

This is about us having our own standards and living up to them. Don't be a cunt.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/442135-liverpool-fc-statement-chelsea-anfield

Yeah well nice one Mal, but I do have a problem with it. 

Kick off when the players took the knee, the whole stadium applause but when fucking Southend boo its SSN news. Why not "Anfield applause the knee while Chelsea boo" instead off "Liverpool fans are homophobic" when a few fans sung a song that been sung all round the country for years 

Thats my problem. 

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I don't think it's unreasonable to want to understand the reasoning behind it. I feel like that's a pretty crucial element. 

"Rent boy" is used as an insult, because being a rent boy involves gay sex and, y'know, being gay and doing gay sex is bad.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Yeah well nice one Mal, but I do have a problem with it. 

Kick off when the players took the knee, the whole stadium applause but when fucking Southend boo its SSN news. Why not "Anfield applause the knee while Chelsea boo" instead off "Liverpool fans are homophobic" when a few fans sung a song that been sung all round the country for years 

Thats my problem. 

I'm probably just numb to that sort of hypocrisy. I don't expect any better from the media. I do expect better from us.

• Upvote 1

Just now, AngryOfTuebrook said:

"Rent boy" is used as an insult, because being a rent boy involves gay sex and, y'know, being gay and doing gay sex is bad.

I don't know if anyone older than me can tell me I'm wrong but Chelsea sung "Chelsea rent boy" as did every other club at Gerrard when he nearly left us. So we sung it back. The point being why the fuck is it us getting the grief for it 

4 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

But it's not the gay sex part which the chant is aimed at. It's the selling of one's body bit. It's a roundabout way of calling them mercenaries.

If you ask me, the homophobic part is conflating homosexuality and prostitution, as if they were remotely analogous. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

But it's not the gay sex part which the chant is aimed at. It's the selling of one's body bit. It's a roundabout way of calling them mercenaries.

If you ask me, the homophobic part is conflating homosexuality and prostitution, as if they were remotely analogous. 

I used to think that, but - as discussed on here a few weeks ago - it pre-dates Abramovic. Apparently it dates back to some stories of pictures circulating of a prominent Chelsea hooligan with a rent boy. Do you imagine there would have been the same reaction to pictures of him with a female prostitute?

If it's alright with you, I won't ask you about what is or isn't homophobic; I'll ask Kop Outs and all the other LGBT+ supporters groups.

• Upvote 1