Sign in to follow this  
sir roger

Champions League draw

5 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

This draw is always so fucking manipulated in weird ways

Why can't Salzburg be in our group?

I think they were paired with another team in a red group for TV reasons. So they have to go into a blue group. 

Just now, Aventus said:

I think they were paired with another team in a red group for TV reasons. So they have to go into a blue group. 

So typical UEFA shite

I get no two teams from same nation everything is BS

Milan of course

1 minute ago, manwiththestick said:

Probably because if they went into our group there may then be a conflict with whoever hasn't been drawn and the remaining groups.

Ah yeah, it would have left Porto with only lisbons group left. 

Happy enough with that, particularly good from a travel standpoint. If we were playing Porto and Milan a decade and a half ago, there might be cause for concern. As it is, we play the teams and not the clubs’ history.

Bastard of a group that....all big clubs with big atmospheres to go away to, tough places where they don't lose often.

Of course none of them will fancy us either, but could be a tight group and tough to get out of.

Just now, polymerpunkah said:

No cake-walk for City, either.

It is, Leipzig are not the team they have been the last few years, they have lost both CB, look like they'll lose Sabitzer aswell.  They lost to Mainz two weeks ago

Love that draw. Proper European football.

It's not the mid 90s. We'll batter Porto and Milan home and away.

And I bet we qualify before the mancs, too.

• Upvote 2

This group wont be a walk in the park. I think it is the only group with 3 teams which have won the European Cup multiple times and the 4th team in it, Atletico have a very good record in Europe competitions in the past decade or so. And are the reigning champions in Spain.

A lot of pedigree in there. We should make it out of the group but it would be tricky.

6 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

So City,utd and Chelsea with walkthrough groups as the teams 3/4 are pretty crap

Utd failed to qualify from a supposed weak group last season. City and Chelsea shouldnt have a problem.

If we don't get out the group something has gone wrong, but a bad start or a stupid loss like we have been prone to in the group stages and then it ends up another tense final game whenwe should have been through already. 

But win the home games, or at least 7pts at home and i'd more than fancy us to go to Milan or Porto and snatch the win that takes us through. Hopefully its Athletico first and Porto weeks 3/4

4 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

It is, Leipzig are not the team they have been the last few years, they have lost both CB, look like they'll lose Sabitzer aswell.  They lost to Mainz two weeks ago

Well shit. 

Yep, just going off recent reputation.

Gotta feel for Harry Kane, prepping for his Europa Conference League qualifying play-off second leg with Pacos de Ferreira.

Just now, CapeRed said:

Utd failed to qualify from a supposed weak group last season. City and Chelsea shouldnt have a problem.

Atalanta are built to get smashed by the Mancs, just like this Leeds side they have twatted the last two year. Look at what we did to Atalanta on the counter attack, they will do that to them