You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Champions League draw

sir roger

2 minutes ago, George Costanza said:

Zero chance of it happening but I would like City & Chelsea to draw each other. If that happened I'm not too bothered who we draw. Outside the other 2 English clubs Bayern are the strongest.

Probably unlikely but it would be shit if Chelsea were forced to drop out because of the ruskies and the team drawn against them got a bye. Or would Lille take their place? 

7 hours ago, Aventus said:

World SPI Ranking of last 8

1 City
2 Liverpool
3 Bayern
4 Chelsea
5 Real Madrid

11 Villareal
15 Atletico
27 Benfica

Shamelessly nicked from the blue loons

They've missed out Man Utd. Hahahahaha.

4 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

When is the draw anyway?

Friday at 11. They'll draw the semis at the same time.

• Upvote 1

Chelsea have been told by UEFA that they have to play their next home match behind closed doors due to EU sanctions on Abramovich. Not sure I fancy that as playing behind closed doors might give us nightmares, so definitely want to avoid them in the draw.

I have a bit of a feeling that Chelsea might have their name on it given everything that’s happened to them in the last two weeks. Tuchel has made them virtually unbeatable in cup games, and they will feel they have a point to prove and may use the adversity to their advantage.

I think we are prioritising the PL as Klopp and the players are desperate to give us the parade we missed out on due to the pandemic.

I've got a massive soft spot for Benfica but they are the easiest tie. Plus, still a big name. It would be the best draw with the winner of Villareal vs Atletico Madrid in the semi finals. That said, all 7 times can fucking do one. 2nd leg at Anfield and we can play them all at once for all I care.

*Edit* I was going to edit 'times' to 'teams' because I wrote the wrong word but fuck it I'm leaving it right there.  

I’m more bothered about who Man City get than who we get. 

I’ll be mega pissed off if they get Benfica or Villarreal. I’ll even be a bit miffed if they get Atletico. 

Don’t care who we get as our name is already on the trophy. That Alisson header won’t not be rewarded. 

57 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Would you prefer we draw Benfica or Man City?

I want to win the fucker. To do that, we have to beat three very good teams. I don't have any preference for who they are (apart from a personal dislike of playing English teams in Europe - it feels like a wasted opportunity) or what order we beat them in.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Chelsea have been told by UEFA that they have to play their next home match behind closed doors due to EU sanctions on Abramovich. Not sure I fancy that as playing behind closed doors might give us nightmares, so definitely want to avoid them in the draw.

I have a bit of a feeling that Chelsea might have their name on it given everything that’s happened to them in the last two weeks. Tuchel has made them virtually unbeatable in cup games, and they will feel they have a point to prove and may use the adversity to their advantage.

I think we are prioritising the PL as Klopp and the players are desperate to give us the parade we missed out on due to the pandemic.

I’ve been starting to get that feeling, as well.

54 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Shithouse and proud!

Also just sensible, a Benfica home game in advance of Manchester City away would (you would think) be really useful in terms of rest and recuperation in advance of a huge league fixture.