You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Champions League draw

sir roger

• 1 month later...

UEFA have reportedly banned Nicolo Barella for 2 games for punching Eder Militao, so some good news as he misses both legs against us.

Nicolo Barella will miss Inter Milan's Champions League round of 16 tie against Liverpool after UEFA told the Serie A leaders that the Italy midfielder will sit out two matches for his controversial red card in the group stage, according to a report.

The 24-year-old has been almost ever-present for Inter this season, playing in all but 44 minutes of their opening Champions League matches so far – including a bizarre dismissal.

Having tangled with Real Madrid's Eder Militao while contesting the ball, Barella punched the defender on the leg in an incident that saw his opponents square up to the Inter mainstay before referee Felix Brych produced the red card.

56 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

UEFA have reportedly banned Nicolo Barella for 2 games for punching Eder Militao, so some good news as he misses both legs against us.

Nicolo Barella will miss Inter Milan's Champions League round of 16 tie against Liverpool after UEFA told the Serie A leaders that the Italy midfielder will sit out two matches for his controversial red card in the group stage, according to a report.

The 24-year-old has been almost ever-present for Inter this season, playing in all but 44 minutes of their opening Champions League matches so far – including a bizarre dismissal.

Having tangled with Real Madrid's Eder Militao while contesting the ball, Barella punched the defender on the leg in an incident that saw his opponents square up to the Inter mainstay before referee Felix Brych produced the red card.

Powers intervening on Liverpool’s behalf again.

• 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Just noticed that we play the Abu Dhabi cheats away between the CL quarter final matches. If we draw them in the CL quarters we would play them three times in six or eight days. Fuck that. 

They'll be thinking the same. Fuck them 

33 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Just noticed that we play the Abu Dhabi cheats away between the CL quarter final matches. If we draw them in the CL quarters we would play them three times in six or eight days. Fuck that. 

Get them in the FA Cup 6th round and make it 4 in a row.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd take the red Mancs if they shithouse their way past Atletico as a last resort. They'll still have ptsd after us twatt1

Games against City or Chelsea will be massively draining mentally and physically plus they will be cagey as fuck. Chelsea will be mind numbingly boring and it would probably go to pens. If we get past Forest we will probably play one of them at Wembley in the FA Cup semis also.

Ajax or Benfica would be good and the fans never got to go to Amsterdam during covid.

City and Chelsea, we shouldn't want to play.

PSG impressed in the way they played against Madrid in the first leg. If they played like that against us, we wouldn't be able to get out of their pressing and it would be really hard. Plus, they'd have the threat on the counter with Mbappe. That said, they could just as easily shit themselves. Tonight, or in a potential matchup vs. us. 

Bayern are a wild card with their new system. It's incredibly attacking and would undoubtedly cause us problems, but we'd cause them problems the other way. 

Everyone else, we should beat if we're not shite. 

37 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Bayern are a wild card with their new system. It's incredibly attacking and would undoubtedly cause us problems, but we'd cause them problems the other way. 

I've not seen this, what are they doing different?

What I would say about Nagelsmann is although Hoffenheim and Leipzig obviously don't have the quality of Bayern, Klopp has had his number pretty comfortably on all 4 occasions.

Anyhoo, I'd like either Benfica / Ajax or Villarreal / Juventus but as long as we avoid the English sides, I'd be comfortable.

I assume they are doing the semi draw at the same time next Friday?

46 minutes ago, aws said:

Let City play Chelsea with Bayern to knock out the winner in the semi. 

This is probably the best scenario. Should they fluke their way through, Bayern can knock out the mancs in the quarters.

19 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I've not seen this, what are they doing different?

What I would say about Nagelsmann is although Hoffenheim and Leipzig obviously don't have the quality of Bayern, Klopp has had his number pretty comfortably on all 4 occasions.

Anyhoo, I'd like either Benfica / Ajax or Villarreal / Juventus but as long as we avoid the English sides, I'd be comfortable.

I assume they are doing the semi draw at the same time next Friday?

Right now, they're playing 3 at the back, often with a single holding midfielder. Usually Kimmich. And then they play all of Gnabry, Coman, Sane, Muller and Lewandowski. It's very attacking. Ballsy from Nagelsmann.

This may change if they get certain players back or based on the opponent, but they've been playing like this for a while.

• Upvote 1