You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Champions League draw

sir roger

I honestly think this is the best group we've ever had in the CL.

Everything you want in terms of history, travel destinations, and big European nights.

2 teams that will definitely try and play football, and a big revenge mission versus Simone and Suarez.

Hell, Atletico may even try and play, seeing as it's a group tie.

No shitty early kick offs in Russia, or trips to the unknown against 2 bob outfits.

And nothing to be scared of, really.

We're in it to win it, and none of those 3 stand a chance, truth be told.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

49 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Champions League and European Cup winner, as the/an integral player, deserves it.

What we think of him, or how he'd be in our team, is irrelevant.

He had a great and very succesful year which he was a driving force of.

Worthy winner.

Yep. That he's pretty slow and a bit of a weakling shows how much he's made out of his attributes. Very good footballer.  

I think Atletico got the rub of the green against us in those 2 games. They hadnt a clue where the ball was when they scored in the first 2 minutes at their gaff as it ping ponged off Matip(?) and Virgil before bouncing into the net off one of theirs.

At Anfield we were going through before Adrian's brain fart changed the complexion of the game. Not saying the games are going to be easy but I cant see us having no luck against them this time.

• Upvote 3

Absolutely delighted with our group. 

As mentioned above, we've a great mix of historic teams to play. Porto and Milan are two of the heavyweights of European football, along with ourselves. 

Athletico are the red headed step child with a chip on their shoulder. 

Proper games against proper teams. Utd can lap up their mickey mouse group all they want. 

Our fans didn't introduce lacoste and Hugo boss from away days against the likes of villareal or young young boys. 

I really hope Milan have a fun crowd in the San siro for the tie, it might be shit hole, but it's one of the most iconic stadiums in world football. Our players deserve a chances to "feel it" before its turned into the Italian emirates 

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Yes, how on earth did the same squad plus Thiago, Jota, Konate & Tsmiskas, but without Wijnaldum, get 97 points and win the trophy?

Bigger miracle than Istanbul.

Ah yes the squad now is still actually the same age and freshness as it was three years ago. Forgot that the concept of time does not apply to the Liverpool squad. 

17 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Who's going to the San Siro?. Luckily I went to the Milan Derby in 2017. 

Only about 3 more years before it gets knocked down. The Navigli district is good for a beverage and some decent food. Milan and Inter fans are generally less snide than Napoli and Roma fans. 

I went against Inter when Torres scored. The stadium was impressive, if a little tired. I seem to remember the organisation outside being a bit shambolic but I was pretty drunk by then.

Quite enjoyed Milan but, for some reason, I took the wife so indulged in some cultural stuff as well as getting smashed. 

• Upvote 1

#LFC’s Champions League group games confirmed: 

Liverpool v AC Milan, Wed Sep 15

Porto v Liverpool, Tues Sep 28

Atletico Madrid v Liverpool, Tues Oct 19

Liverpool v Atletico Madrid, Wed Nov 3

Liverpool v Porto, Wed Nov 24

AC Milan v Liverpool, Tues Dec 7

• Upvote 1