You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Champions League draw

sir roger

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

United won't get out of the group.

There counter attacking will get them points vs Atalanta pretty easily imho. Villareal are nothing special and will go into both games looking for a draw

Just now, Baltar said:

Fucking hell, that is a cunt of a group. How does the seeding system put Liverpool, Atletico, Porto and AC Milan in the same group? This is ridiculous.

League winners of top 6 leagues and CL/EL winners get pot 1

Milan have hardly played in europe for a long time 

If there are two teams from the same city, they have to be kept in different halves of the draw so they don't play on the same day. Perhaps they could have sorted it so one side is away on the day the other is at home, but I don't know how much the logistics of the rest of the group stage would be affected. There's bound to be a clash somewhere.

Anyway, ours looks like a tough group. I don't expect Porto or Milan to be anywhere near their great sides of yesteryear but I doubt they are piss-weak. They are still clubs with pedigree in this competition. We do have an excellent record against Porto though, and the only times we've faced Milan have been in finals. We are 50/50 against them. Atletico have been a pain in the arse for us for over a decade now. It seems as though even when we win, we lose. And we always seem to get busybody refs who tolerate Atletico's shithousery. I can see Felix Brych getting one of our games.

The right attitude and focus will see us through that group though.

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

Atalanta are pretty crap?

They are capable of spring a shock but they wont take more than 3pts of the mancs, if they even get that. They are far to open, look at our games with them last year, we twatted them 5-0 in one and played and lost to two quick goals with a a back 4 of Neco,Williams,Matip,Tismkas. We played a half arsed team because we had 9pts after three games. They are two open and far to easy to counter attack

Will be all proper european nights in our group.

Big grounds, full and big atmospheres.

Think teams will take pts off each other with no whipping boys, but we should be good enough to finish in top 2 of it.

Giroud can fuck off though - fucker always scores against us!

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

League winners of top 6 leagues and CL/EL winners get pot 1

Milan have hardly played in europe for a long time 

It's fucking bollocks you get a pot 1 place for winning the EL. Pub players don't get a Premier League Darts spot for winning the Christmas knockout down the local do they? 

• Upvote 1

We’ll qualify with something to spare and those 3 nights at Anfield, after 18 months without proper crowds, will be huge occasions which energise the whole club. Real football is properly back, and that’s a beautiful thing to be celebrated.

These are also the sort of ties against European royalty we’d have been denied forever more had that shitehawk Super League idea got off the ground. It’s what you watch football for, surely?

Couldn’t give a fuck who United have got. While we’ve won 6 european cups they still have as many as we did in 1981, so it’s not helping them that much is it.

• Upvote 7

6 minutes ago, Chris said:

It's fucking bollocks you get a pot 1 place for winning the EL. Pub players don't get a Premier League Darts spot for winning the Christmas knockout down the local do they? 

I know, it's good enough that they get a champions league place at all, but getting thrown straight to the top seed as well is a piss take.

If the Europa winners didn't take it then I think it'd go to the winners of another national league, which I think would have been Ajax. 

3 minutes ago, Justice Negs said:

Couldn’t give a fuck who United have got. While we’ve won 6 european cups they still have as many as we did in 1981, so it’s not helping them that much is it.

What pisses me off about others getting easy draws isn't what it means in Europe but how it allows them to rest players for league games. We need to get the points on the board quickly to make game 6 meaningless