You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the week that was (Aug 16-20 2021)

tlw content

theweekthatwas.jpg.c1fbcaffb0090e7b2d3f5068e60210dc.jpg

Monday Aug 16:

Hendo’s contract is almost agreed. A few finer points need to be finalised but it’s three years with the option of a fourth depending on whether he meets certain criteria. That seems like a very club friendly deal to me so Hendo has presumably compromised. Whatever has happened though I’m just glad it looks like being sorted. He’s the captain, he’s fucking hugely important and you have to get this done as it’s a terrible look if you can’t.

Also today, the club put out more information about how to use the new ticketing system. At the risk of sounding like an old fart here, I hate this. Just let me scan my fucking card like I used to. This is not going to be any quicker. If anything, it will be slower in a lot of cases as people have to mess about when their screen has locked and they have to reload everything. With the card, you just put it in the reader and went in. It was as quick as it’s possible to be, so why do we have this shit now? Coz some tit in a suit floated it out there in a ‘brainstorming session’ probably.

I suppose this can only be to make life much more difficult (impossible maybe) for the touts, which is a good thing for the most part, but are Thomas Cook or whoever the ‘official travel partner’ is still going get their share of tickets they can sell at a fucking huge mark up? They're the real touts. At least the ones outside the ground put a shift in and have to work for their ill gotten gains.

Ben Davies joins Sheffield United on loan. I actually thought this had gone through last week, but whatever. It has now. The logic behind this seems to be that an impressive season in the Championship will increase his value to more than it is now, and the loan fee has already more than covered what we paid for him. I don’t particularly like this kind of cynical business but the way the game has gone it’s smart for us to look for any little edge we can get. It could end up being quite profitable

Meanwhile, over at Barca its revealed their debt is over a billion quid. The fella who has taken over now says the issue wasn’t the huge contracts they gave out to everyone to stop them following the Neymar route, it was how they wasted the money they got when Neymar left. Basically they’re trying to blame Coutinho and Dembele for the massive amount of shit they’re in, which is a) not true, and b) an absolute cunty move.

They’re giving Coutinho Messi’s number ten shirt now too, which smacks of setting him up as the fall guy. Why the hell would you do something like that if you wanted him to do well? He should refuse to take it, but his ego will probably prevent him from seeing the wood for the trees.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that 'the Week that Was' is only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Upvote 4

• dave u pinned this topic

Emilio. Good grief. Totally forgot about him. He was a good guy. 

As for Burnley, you clearly didn't foresee Dyche's new strategy which is now, apparently, all-in wrestling. Seriously, how was that not a yellow card? In other news Elliott was soooo impressive. 

• Upvote 1

Regarding the new ticketing system, my wife can't go to the Chelsea game so she has transferred the ticket to me. This is all legit, done up in my name so I don't have that slight worry that someone will stop me and ask whether I really am called Laura. We've also set up various friends and family so that they can use it without having to arrange to get the ticket back or fretting that they might lose it. I, for one, am appreciative of these new arrangements.

• Upvote 1

Rumenigge smoke screen, Haarland’s going to Bayern. He denied interest in Lewendowski and most of the others they sign. l’ll bet the deal is already done which is why the Pole is talking about a new challenge and Bayern are prepared to see him go.

Edited by Peter Cormack
Add a thought
  • Upvote 2

• dave u unpinned this topic
On 24/08/2021 at 00:02, dave u said:

Whats this? It must have passed me by.

Surprising that, it was all over my Twitter feed. They put out a video to commemorate fans who'd died of Covid. In the pictures was Anne Frank and in the list of names Mike Oxsmall and Faye Knews popped up. 

15 hours ago, DaveTucker said:

Surprising that, it was all over my Twitter feed. They put out a video to commemorate fans who'd died of Covid. In the pictures was Anne Frank and in the list of names Mike Oxsmall and Faye Knews popped up. 

I've just searched this on twitter and it's amazing! They deleted the video but only after loads of people pulled them on it!!