You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (H) - Sat 28th Aug 2021 (5:30pm)

Trumo

I get why people feel like this is 2 points dropped cos it does feel a bit like that.

But at the risk of being positive it was arguably against the worst team to play down to 10 men.

In no way was it like last season when we couldn't score against anybody for over a month.

Imagine if we had lost to Spurs first game like City yet they are unstoppable now cos they had a couple of big wins.

We are in the mix here and we have a good chance of bringing home number 20.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Pidge said:

I don't think so. Some bad finishing meant we didn't get the win, we created several chances and had the vast majority of the ball. Didn't miss him at all today. 

Several chances? 

Only really one decent one that Salah should have scored.

Chelsea midfield were all over us first half, if they had stayed 11 men they would have dominated. 

5 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Tuchel has transformed them.

They will definitely be in the running for the title this year 

Of course they'll be in the running they've spent over £320million since last summer on quality players and have a decent manager.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Glass half full for me. The major worry I had going into this season was van Dijk's fitness. He's just had another 90 minutes against a top striker and is getting back to where he was.

Should've won, but didn't lose, which is the most important thing when playing rivals. 

Yeah, to be honest by I'm shocked by number of minutes he's had already.  Did Gomez have a set-back?  I just find it odd they returned at the same time but Virgil is deemed further ahead? 

I thought Lukaku gave him a hard time, it's nothing to be ashamed of, but 2019 Virgil eats Lukaku. 

Just now, J-V said:

I take it you don't understand the word "quality"

So Ancelotti was a shite manager?

I'm.fairly sure it was Lampard who spent the money wasnt it?

My point was tuchel has transformed them completely and they look completely different than under Lampard.

Just now, m0e said:

What did you make of Robbo, Hendo, Salah, Mane and Firmino then?

All crap apart from Mo he was alright.  Firmino went off injured so won't throw him in either.

The only players to come out with anything from the game were Alisson, VVD, Matip, Elliot and Salah (and he was only alright)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Yeah, to be honest by I'm shocked by number of minutes he's had already.  Did Gomez have a set-back?  I just find it odd they returned at the same time but Virgil is deemed further ahead? 

I thought Lukaku gave him a hard time, it's nothing to be ashamed of, but 2019 Virgil eats Lukaku. 

matip-liverpool.gif

1 minute ago, Arniepie said:

My point was tuchel has transformed them completely and they look completely different than under Lampard.

The Ancelotti debate has been done to death on here he was clearly only involved with the Shite for the huge wage.

Do you really think a no mark manager like Lampard had much of a say on transfers.  Maybe Chilwell and that's it.  It was obvious once they got a decent Manager in they'd do well.  The same is true for Utd once they fuck the Goblin off.

2 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Really unbelievable stats that. And they made 27 tackles compared to out 15.

That means 11% of their tackles were a foul and 80% of ours were. 

Anthony Taylor, job well done.

Some of the “fouls” given against us were astonishing and completely exploded the preposterous notion that refs have been told to let things go this season. I can only assume they’re assigned a team before kick off and told to give them everything unless VAR intervenes.

5 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

No idea about Gomez, but with Konate about I didn't think he'd be slotting back in and racking up 90 minutes in consecutive weeks. Lukaku definitely gave him a proper workout, but you could see van Dijk getting more comfortable with pushing himself. If anything I thought Matip was a bit shaky today, positioning wise.

I know we all have a habit of over-rating our own players, but 2018/19 van Dijk is honestly the best centre back I think I've ever seen. Just a cheat code of form, physicality and intelligence. So glad to have him fit again, even if he isn't back to his peak, as he brings so much out of those around him.

So frustrating watching that 2nd half tonight. We could have played another hour against them tonight and they’d have still kept us at bay with ease. 

Another game we’ve watched drift away while continuing with shite tactics that weren’t working.

CB13E26E-2310-4993-B089-F36A08260651.gif

16 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I mean Lampard was about as novice as it gets tactically while Tuchel is one of the best in the world in that area. It's night and day quality wise. 

Tuchel's weakness is he's a weird guy who will inevitably piss someone off at some point.

Thoughts from the game.

The NFC debacle continues, big queues outside SKD turnstile K. Again. Someone kicking off in the next gate saying he just wants to get in the ground and 'not have this fucking bollocks every game.' Said to a steward, tell the club to sort this out. He just said send them an email.

Last week we had a ref in Dean who let everything 'go.' This week we had manc cunt Taylor who gave chelsea a free kick every time they fell over. Maybe he didnt get the memo? Or maybe he got the one that said give nothing to Liverpool?

I couldnt believe the number of free kicks he gave chelsea. Hendo had a couple of goes at manc cunt Taylor but had to wind his neck in a little when manc cunt Taylor told him once more and you're in the book. I actually cant believe he gave us a pen and a sending off with James and the manc cunt's officiousness seemed to break up our play.

Overall, I dont think this was a good performance by us, especially in the 2nd half against 10 men. We should have done better and Im disappointed with the draw even if chelsea are (gulp), a good team.

We started brightly. A great break saw Hendo with a glorious opportunity to open the scoring. Even though he was wide of goal, he should have hit the target but put his shot across goal and wide. Did he think he didnt have time? He looked to be in loads of space.

Elliot had a great chance but narrowly put his shot wide. Then he had another great chance in front of goal but this time lofted it high over the bar. But Im not going to give Harvey grief for that, he's only 18 and put in more of a shift than Sadio.

And then we got suckered at a corner which many on the Kop didnt seem to think was and should have been a goal kick?

Not sure who should have been marking Havertz or whether he intended to head it at goal. It seemed to loop over Alli as he made a despairing leap at it.

The goal seemed to deflate us a lot. Matip in particular seemed to struggle the most with Lukaku who kept up his record of only scoring against small clubs like everton!

Matip wasnt the only one struggling. Mo seemed stuck out wide, Sadio was nowhere to be seen and Bobby felt a pull and had to go off. At least he has a valid excuse now not to comply with FIFA's directive.

Despite all chelsea's time wasting, I was surprised there was only 3 minutes added time. But everything kicked off in those added minutes. A last push to go in level saw a mad scramble in the goal. The ball just wouldnt go in hitting the bar, bodies and maybe the post. I thought fuck, we aint scoring today if that doesnt go in when loads in the Annie were shouting for a pen.

chelsea cleared the ball and both sets of players surrounded the manc cunt who'd only given us a throw. Then VAR intervened and after a wait the manc cunt indicated he'd look at the monitor.

I was convinced he'd give the throw but no, he gave us a pen and sent off James. I couldnt see if there was a handball but that dont matter as the manc cunt gave it.

We were then subjected to chelsea players surrounding the ref. After he'd waved them away and brandished a few yellows, Mendy then tried to psyche out Mo. Mo was having none of it and Mendy was rightly booked. How he wasnt booked fortimewasting in the 2nd half goodness knows.

Mo stepped up and smashed it past Mendy. Game on. Except it didnt turn out that way. People may say chelsea played very well with 10 men but I though our final ball in the 2nd half was poor and our play laboured. We seemed to want to walk the ball in the net all the 2nd half. Sadio was really poor. He looked like he couldnt trap a bag of cement in a phone box all game and constantly lost possession.

We had few clear chances. Jota had a similar header to the one he scored against Burnley. Hendo had another effort just wide of the post. Mendy pushed a couple of efforts out but no one was on hand for any rebounds. For all van Dijk and Matip's aerial prowess, they dont score anywhere near enough or pose a big threat at corners for me. That said, the manc cunt seemed to penalise one or both of them every corner they went up for.

Maybe the game on tv looked different but the overwhelming feeling in the ground was of frustration at a poor 2nd half showing. The players tried but you could be forgiven thinking chelsea werent a man down.

I think Jurgen will be disappointed with 2 points dropped at the final whistle, I know I was.

MoTM was close between Elliot, Robbo and van Dijk but I'll give this one to Virgil.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I'm so happy that with a fully fit squad to pick from, thrvonly option Klopp had to try and win the game was a left back. Bodes well for the season

I'm sure you know that he replaced Robbo because he was fatigued and not for tactical reasons but let you drive on with your agenda. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I mean Lampard was about as novice as it gets tactically while Tuchel is one of the best in the world in that area. It's night and day quality wise. 

Tuchel's weakness is he's a weird guy who will inevitably piss someone off at some point.

I remember people on here saying tuchel was a fraud when he 1st came to chelsea.

I dont mind him tbh.

Doesnt come across as arrogant and is always quite respectful. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

From last week

“They will all play, the first four will definitely play and we have to mix it up and we will do that.

“None of these guys, especially those after a long injury, should play all the time three games a week. We need to find a way to get used to that."

So we can probably expect rotation of the back 4 to happen some time after the international break but while the games were 7 days apart culminating in a game against Chelsea it makes sense to try and build a partnership. Not making that partnership both the players who had long term injuries is probably a sensible approach.