You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (H) - Sat 28th Aug 2021 (5:30pm)

Trumo

21 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

4 fouls we were awarded in a game where we had 66% possession, it's not why we didn't win but it's pretty dodgy officiating at best.

And one of those required a video replay.

got to be the worst ref in the league, and even more so for us.

• Upvote 4

Guest Alex_K

Its not about being doom & gloom: its about wanting the club to have created a legacy during a period where we had/have some generational talents who have a couple of years left on their clocks. Instead we've spent the past few seasons cheap-skating it sticking plasters on wounds; its difficult to assess how good our attack actually is any more because we're all still looking at Firmino & Mane through tinted glasses of how they've performed before rather than how they are now going on 30 and the midfield is looking shallow behind them. Expecting the same explosiveness from an attacking trio going on 30 with a lot of miles on the clocks looks like it could be a fool's errand. Defence is potentially great again, though.

13 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Keita's not good enough; god knows what's happened to Thiago, but he's become a peripheral figure at national level in an unspectacular Spain side and fallen behind here too. The Curtis Jones experiment was a joke last season & we're not winning anything this season if we've got Harvey Elliot starting in the midfield on a consistent basis: quote me on that. He may become a top player in a few seasons .. by that time Virgil, Mo etc are gone, so whatever.

Elliott just played 90 minutes against Burnley and now against one of the best teams in the world. It has nothing to do with Keita or Thiago's level. That is Klopp thinking he's simply a top player. Keita and Thiago have it all to prove this season, but it has nothing to do with Elliott.

2 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

And one of those required a video replay.

got to be the worst ref in the league, and even more so for us.

Of course it never crossed my mind the handball counted as a foul.

I found that really strange I saw it and it wasn't given and I actually thought I must have been wrong but it hit his arm was a surreal few minutes

25 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

I'm repping every positive / rational post in this thread until I'm out of rep. Sick of the whinging cunts who pipe up every time we don't win.

The spoilt brats throwing their toys about demanding a new shiny attacker to make them feel like we win the transfer market on Twitter, you should all fuck off. You can fuck right off.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

I'm repping every positive / rational post in this thread until I'm out of rep. Sick of the whinging cunts who pipe up every time we don't win.

You know the best way of shutting them up would be to win games. 

Just a thought.

The one thing missing is the forward. In a big game like this Ok, you can bring on Jota when Firmino is injured but then you can't take out Mané who is having another crap game because no one is good enough for that kind of high level game. It's not a disaster like the annoying cunts who can't shut up about will say, but it's the obvious place of improvement. No one's ever denied this. It's whether Klopp will see it as a big enough issue.

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The one thing missing is the forward. In a big game like this Ok, you can bring on Jota when Firmino is injured but then you can't take out Mané who is having another crap game because no one is good enough for that kind of high level game. It's not a disaster like the annoying cunts who can't shut up about will say, but it's the obvious place of improvement. No one's ever denied this. It's whether Klopp will see it as a big enough issue.

Of course he sees it as an issue. I don't know if you know but poeple don't always tell the truth when speaking to press. 

48 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

4 fouls we were awarded in a game where we had 66% possession, it's not why we didn't win but it's pretty dodgy officiating at best.

And yet Redknapp and Co at the end of the game were lauding the officials in how they are letting the game be more physical and letting certain challenges go and how players look foolish now if they lie on the floor .

Yet every time a Chelsea player was touched they hit the deck and got the free kick.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Rushies tash said:

I agree, and the circumstances behind the draw were a little disappointing, but for fucks sake, the negativity is constant. It's draining. 

This game is just a repeat of that disastrous run of games last year. 

We simply had to buy a forward this summer. 

2 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Of course he sees it as an issue. I don't know if you know but poeple don't always tell the truth when speaking to press. 

This really isn't as clear-cut as you think it is. Everyone knows we can improve on Minamino and Origi, including Klopp. The problem is, is Klopp arsed enough about their feelings to have them rot in the reserves while we buy someone better or does he want them to go before we get anyone for squad harmony reasons.

1 minute ago, Stickman said:

And yet Redknapp and Co at the end of the game were lauding the officials in how they are letting the game be more physical and letting certain challenges go and how players look foolish now if they lie on the floor .

Yet every time a Chelsea player was touched they hit the deck and got the free kick.

Exactly 13 fouls from 33% possession is like a foul every 2 minutes .

Yet no fouls so obviously new rules don't apply to us 

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

This really isn't as clear-cut as you think it is. Everyone knows we can improve on Minamino and Origi. The problem is, is Klopp arsed enough about their feelings to have them rot in the reserves while we buy someone better or does he want them to go before we get anyone for squad harmony reasons.

Origi wouldn't give a shit playing in the reserves. Look at him for fucks sake 

Fucking annoying as at half time the expectation is you go on and win that. I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but I felt before the game that Tsimikas should’ve kept his place on merit as he’s been a good outlet going forward in those first 2 games. It’s not the end of the world though against a team who have spent fortunes and are current European champions. As a side note Neville was doing my head in on commentary. Constantly going on about Fabinho deserving to be booked. The fucking shithouse never even mentioned the handball that lead to the penalty until the play stopped. Bitter manc prick.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Daisy said:

We badly fucking missed Gini as well. Magnificent bastard 

I don't think so. Some bad finishing meant we didn't get the win, we created several chances and had the vast majority of the ball. Didn't miss him at all today.