You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (H) - Sat 28th Aug 2021 (5:30pm)

Trumo

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

That was a pretty disheartening performance. Tuchel has transformed them. We need to improve our shooting once again. Mane what the fuck is going on. Oh well Chalk it off as an under par performance and step it up.

I’m starting to think that he’s properly cooked. Looks like getting Jota in last year was a bit of a master stroke in hindsight. We’re still one short though as I’m not convinced Bobby could recover his form from three seasons back.

Frustrating game. Deffo penalty, deffo red. We need our shooting boots but Mane in particular is nowhere near the player he was, god knows what’s happened. At least Bobby does some useful link up play. Anyway, it’s only multi millionaire footy, so I won’t be losing sleep, I’d just like some excitement back and for that to happen we need some exciting attackers to play with Mo and Jota. 

• Upvote 2

I'm going to wait for Dave's take before commenting further on the specifics of the game because I think I might just be rehashing a lot of what he has to say (I'm looking at you, Anthony Taylor). But I want to note that I had a great time at the ground. Sun was shining, no problem getting in, people around me were chatty which bodes well for the season ticket, crowd were in good voice, match was very entertaining...yeah, it was a blast. It's a wonderful time to be a Red.

• Upvote 6

Can't believe the negative comments about the match, I really enjoyed it although very frustrating that we didn't manage to win it. 

The boys gave everything and you couldn't ask for anything more from them. Probably the worst thing that could have happened was the "deserved red" because those cunts just shut the door and made the second half like the alamo. They are a top side now and definitely contenders. So for me most of the boys were magnificent. Poor Sadios confidence is shot,, but elliot what a player he's going to be. 

• Upvote 3

In a weird way the red card came (which for once regarding Taylor was the right decision) at just the right time for them it allowed Tuchel to gather his thoughts and change things tactically. If it happens 10 minutes before half time or just after I'm pretty sure we'd have won comfortably 

• Upvote 1

I dont think it's negative thoughts as such more as opportunity wasted. Chelsea are about as tough as a defensive unit you can face but it still has that familiar feeling of we don't know how to break teams down and fall into repetitive play that doesn't work or worse when we do get that break the players snatch at it. We don't half balloon some chances. We need a different attacking option fuck knows who that is but we can't rely on Salah to get all our goals. Mane and Bobby have been out of form way to long to still have their positions near untouchable.

Anthony Taylor is a cheating united supporting cunt.  He shouldn't be let anywhere near our games in future.  Front three not firing again, and the sending off couldn't have come at a worse time as Tuchel had all second half to rejig his tactics to be ultra defensive.  But Taylor, fuck me, what a cunt.

• Upvote 2

Had it stayed 11 v 11, both teams' tactics would have been the same. They'd have just had one more player supporting the counter.

And I reckon they'd have won.

The way I see it, we got a point yesterday, and as long as we stay unbeaten against the main 6, we've got a hell of chance of winning this thing.

The only disappointment, and it's irrespective of the red card, was that half the team simply didn't perform.

That doesn't happen too often in the big games, so it makes it a consolation too.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, m0e said:

Had it stayed 11 v 11, both teams' tactics would have been the same. They'd have just had one more player supporting the counter.

And I reckon they'd have won.

The way I see it, we got a point yesterday, and as long as we stay unbeaten against the main 6, we've got a hell of chance of winning this thing.

The only disappointment, and it's irrespective of the red card, was that half the team simply didn't perform.

That doesn't happen too often in the big games, so it makes it a consolation too.

The whole left side was shite. Henderson was out of sorts covering there too.

7 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I dont think it's negative thoughts as such more as opportunity wasted. Chelsea are about as tough as a defensive unit you can face but it still has that familiar feeling of we don't know how to break teams down and fall into repetitive play that doesn't work or worse when we do get that break the players snatch at it. We don't half balloon some chances. We need a different attacking option fuck knows who that is but we can't rely on Salah to get all our goals. Mane and Bobby have been out of form way to long to still have their positions near untouchable.

I think we have to give a bit of respect to Chelsea here and people need to stop having a go at our boys. I think only City had more clean sheets than them last season and they have a clever manager backed up by an owner who throws his money around to get the players he wants. If that sending off happens around 30 minutes its a different game but half time allowed Tuchel to calm things and re -organise. 

15 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

I think we have to give a bit of respect to Chelsea here and people need to stop having a go at our boys. I think only City had more clean sheets than them last season and they have a clever manager backed up by an owner who throws his money around to get the players he wants. If that sending off happens around 30 minutes its a different game but half time allowed Tuchel to calm things and re -organise. 

Yeah that's fair enough. Were not just going to waltz through every team especially sides as good as Chelsea. There was too many players who underperformed yesterday though.

Mane worked his arse off yesterday and I’ll I’m seeing is him getting shit again. Get on these fucking minge bag owners to pump a cash injection in or Juergen to stop fucking around watching games drift away again & again. 

Still can’t get my head round him throwing a left back on with 3 fucking minutes to go against a team who’d dealt with those stupid tactics with ease. Been better putting Konate up front,

2 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Mane worked his arse off yesterday and I’ll I’m seeing is him getting shit again. Get on these fucking minge bag owners to pump a cash injection in or Juergen to stop fucking around watching games drift away again & again. 

Still can’t get my head round him throwing a left back on with 3 fucking minutes to go against a team who’d dealt with those stupid tactics with ease. Been better putting Konate up front,

Tsimikas should have been on a lot earlier for Robertson.

9 minutes ago, J-V said:

This. Thiago for Hendo too.

Along with Jota, those were the right subs, but 1 was forced and 2 were way too late.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, J-V said:

This. Said to my mates on the way to the ground I fully expected Robbo to play for 75 minutes with Tsimikas coming on as he was bound to tire. Robbo slammed a ball into touch before he came off when all he had to do was play it down the line to Mane.

I dont understand people complaining Jurgen replaced like with like for Robbo when he'd done the same with Bobby and Diogo and Hendo and Thiago. Leaving us without a left back even at that stage of the game would have left the team unbalanced.

People are entitled to their view but I thought Mane was very poor all game. Virgil had a few goes at Matip when Lukaku left him for dead more than once during the game.

6 minutes ago, J-V said:

I don’t think he’d have made much difference as there was zero movement from the front 3 again. At least Ox runs behind teams and has a shot which is what we were badly missing.

We just played around & around a big fucking horseshoe all that 2nd half with no one making an option. 

That massive no 9 sized hole in the centre of our attack needs addressing badly. This shit cost us last season on that terrible run at home. 

Apart from the goal against Norwich, Firmino’s been shite in the minutes he’s been on the pitch and offers zero threat. He’s never been the same since Coutinho left. In fact, I’d even bring try & him back on the cheap and that Jovic off Madrid’s bench. That kid knew where the net was before he went to that basket case. 

10 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

This. Said to my mates on the way to the ground I fully expected Robbo to play for 75 minutes with Tsimikas coming on as he was bound to tire. Robbo slammed a ball into touch before he came off when all he had to do was play it down the line to Mane.

I dont understand people complaining Jurgen replaced like with like for Robbo when he'd done the same with Bobby and Diogo and Hendo and Thiago. Leaving us without a left back even at that stage of the game would have left the team unbalanced.

People are entitled to their view but I thought Mane was very poor all game. Virgil had a few goes at Matip when Lukaku left him for dead more than once during the game.

How many times do you see managers taking a full back off for an attacker to try and win the game. They’re always the first to come off. You call the game as it’s playing out in front of you. 

1 minute ago, Red74 said:

How many times do you see managers taking a full back off for an attacker to try and win the game. They’re always the first to come off. You call the game as it’s playing out in front of you. 

What when your playing a top team, your current full back is fucked, making mistakes and first game back after injury? Nearly every time, Id say. but that's just me.