You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

RIP Gazelle

Juniper

34 minutes ago, rb14 said:

I might be off-track here, but she was in some way connected with SKI wasn't she? I was round at Liz's or we were at a pub in town one time and she was there. To my shame I've lost contact with Liz too. 

I think it was just a time back then when people would bond on the forum and would meet up in person more regularly.  

Liz obviously would know for sure but I seem to recall seeing her (and maybe Sherry too) meeting up with Amy after getting on here. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Carradona said:

This is terribly sad. I remember gazelle being a regular and valued poster back in the late 00s when the forum, in my opinion, was at it's greatest. 

May she rest in peace.

You've pretty much summed up my feelings there, Cain.  

RIP Amy.

Hi All, 

I’ve spoken to one of Amy’s best mates and there isn’t a date confirmed for the funeral yet but she’ll let me know.

We’ve spoken about some flowers and a donation to their chosen charity. More to follow on this when their plans allow.

In the meantime I’ve sent her mum a card and a note with love and sympathies from us all. 

I’ll update when I know about the funeral plans and I’ll put together a collection, so that anyone who wishes to contribute can do so. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 24

Nice one Juniper.

Similar to others, I too remember Gazelle from my early days of posting, and always thought she came across very kind and thoughtful.

I can't possibly connect offline as much as others, but it's nice that this place is more than just a bunch of anonymous on-line accounts.

• Upvote 3

The funeral has been confirmed for the 6th September.

I’ve set up the following funeral collection on PayPal.

https://paypal.me/pools/c/8CnVrigxws

I’m currently discussing the families wishes for flowers and the charity of choice is to be confirmed soon. 

If you wish to contribute, whatever the amount, please free to do so. 

Funeral Details

—————————-

Amy Purcell Funeral

10am Monday 6th September 

Bierton Crematorium 

Cane End Lane

Bierton 

Nr Aylesbury 

HP22 5BH

For those unable to attend the service will be a web cast below:

https://www.wesleymedia.co.uk/webcast-view

Login/ order ID 107399

Password zjrkwgdx

—————————-

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

I remember a story about Amy, I'm pretty sure it was on a post here somewhere, or she might have told me the story at some point, but she worked once selling 'used knickers' to low level and less than discerning perverts.

And she said they used to get a pair, soak them in all sorts, including milk, sour or otherwise and left them on the radiator.

They were then sent out in the honoured 'plain brown envelope'.

She was a proper lass mind, had fun and looked in some interesting places to find it. She made me laugh uproariously more than once.

Sadly missed.

• Upvote 4