You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Vuelta 2021

dockers_strike

Started yesterday but was lost with the opening day of another sport!

Started off with a short 7km time trial which was won by Roglic. No Cav in this one as he was in the Tour of Denmark which finished a few days ago. Adam Yates is about 20 seconds down on the day.

Today's stage starts just before 2pm on EuroSport 1 and is just shy of 167km. The stage is flat so should favour the sprinters.

There doesnt seem to be many names Im familiar with in this year's Vuelta so Id say Roglic must be the red hot favourite. But, you never know!

• Upvote 2

Stage 3 is well underway and while it was bright sunshine for the riders at the start, fog is swirling around the finish in the mountains. Hopefully it will have burnt away by the time the riders get there.

Fucking annoying when Eurosport dont cover the start of the stage and instead begin transmission while there's less than 100km of the 200+km stage to go.

Oh and Orla is flashing her pins on the couch, the dirty minx!

• Upvote 1

The physical challenge of the three tours just cabbages my head. I was in Oviedo years ago and I went for a walk just outside of town. I followed a bit of road that the Vuelta was due to go on the following week. It was fucking ridiculous; I was almost on all fours just trying to walk up it. A few days later these twats were flying up there on bikes, as if that's a normal thing for humans to do.

Last few hundreds metres on the mountain and Taaramae takes the stage.

That was an exhausting climb for the riders and puts Taaramae at the top of the leader board after just his 2nd Vuelta stage win in 10 years!

An 'easier day tomorrow with a relatively flat 163 km tide!

Roglic is now 1 minute 48 seconds behind the leader but it's very early days!