You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Burnley (H) - Sat 21st Aug 2021 (12:30pm)

Trumo

If the feet are offside I'm not arsed if its close and ruled off. Obviously that should apply consistently. Salahs was off, fernandes was off too. That's where the VAR need to sort their shit out, no benefit of the doubt if the feet are beyond the defenders feet when the ball is played thats it no arse or elbow or sleeves.

7 minutes ago, Moo said:

It's relevant to consistency, the point I am making.  Today was very marginal, look at the pictures.  They could have followed the same approach as they did with Fernandes last week, don't over-analyse the lines and give the advantage to the forward. They clearly did that last week, they did not today.

Consistency, the whole point I am making.

Didn’t need any lines to see that Salah was offside. It was the right call.

Just now, Babb'sBurstNad said:

At some point, what one man deems as "the advantage" is just clearly offside. Mo was off. Fernandes might've been last week, but less so. A line - literally and figuratively - has to be drawn somewhere.

I don't know how anyone can look at that Fernandes decision and think it was less offside, to the naked eye, than Salah today.  We don't know how on or offside because they didn't show us the lines.  

As I said earlier, we will see how the trend continues, I am not ruling it out as a one off both ways but personally not hopeful.

1 minute ago, aRdja said:

Didn’t need any lines to see that Salah was offside. It was the right call.

Didn't need them with Fernandes either, he was offside without lines, that's the whole point I am making.  Feel free to continue ignoring that and arguing a different point if you so wish.

2 minutes ago, Moo said:

I don't know how anyone can look at that Fernandes decision and think it was less offside, to the naked eye, than Salah today.  We don't know how on or offside because they didn't show us the lines.  

As I said earlier, we will see how the trend continues, I am not ruling it out as a one off both ways but personally not hopeful.

Fair enough, I disagree. I think Fernandes was old school level, and Mo was off. Last season they'd both be off, so I prefer it this way.

3 minutes ago, Moo said:

Didn't need them with Fernandes either, he was offside without lines, that's the whole point I am making.  Feel free to continue ignoring that and arguing a different point if you so wish.

You’re just moaning for the sake of it. Salah was offside and the referee made the right call. If that was called onside it would’ve been an unfair call, on Burnley.

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mark M said:

Ashley Barnes having his goal disallowed was great. He was an irritating prick all match 

He had no fucking idea that Joel had stepped out and let him run offside. Can he be as stupid as he looks? Virtually every challenge he made was a foul and often dangerous ones at that , trying to catch opponents when they’re off balance. And he’s the quick to hit the deck when he’s challenged . Cunt of a player 

• Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, aRdja said:

You’re just moaning for the sake of it. Salah was offside and the referee made the right call. If that was called onside it would’ve been an unfair call, on Burnley.

Fucking hell, not moaning for the sake of it?  I mean, isn't that everyone moaning about everything and anything on the FF?  

I expect to see not a single complaint about anything football related from you this season aRdja.

Nevertheless I am moaning about a lack of consistency, my moaning has a point even though it won't change anything.  

I was fine with the Fernandes approach last week, I'm not fine with it now.  I'd have been fine with the Salah approach today had that been applied last week. 

Henderson and Matip were superb. 

Salah was excellent. The little Greek was good in patches.

I’ve just heard that Trent was given MOTM on TV. Absolutely bizarre. Not even in our top 5 performers on the day.

We’ll need to play an actual midfield and start much more quickly against Chelsea. I’d have liked Thiago to get more minutes because we need him and Fabinho next week.

Really tough game. 

Burnley are utter whingeing schoolyard bully gobshites. Targeted Elliot all day, cried their arses off every time they got penalised. Someone is going to get their leg broken if refs interpret two footed tackles as fair play. The Malfoys of the Premier league. Fake hardmen. Their manager is a fucking fanny of the highest order, the cow ducking gravelly dickweed.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Funkasy said:

BE408502-8718-4183-B9C7-15BA06247E54.png

Fernandes

If you can maybe post the one without the line (single line by the way, where's the broken line down from Fernandes shoulder?  Oh there isn't one because he has been given the advantage)

4 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

I’ve just heard that Trent was given MOTM on TV. Absolutely bizarre. Not even in our top 5 performers on the day.

We’ll need to play an actual midfield and start much more quickly against Chelsea. I’d have liked Thiago to get more minutes because we need him and Fabinho next week.

Really tough game. 

Burnley are utter whingeing schoolyard bully gobshites. Targeted Elliot all day, cried their arses off every time they got penalised. Someone is going to get their leg broken if refs interpret two footed tackles as fair play. The Malfoys of the Premier league. Fake hardmen. Their manager is a fucking fanny of the highest order, the cow ducking gravelly dickweed.

Urghh wait till my father hears about this!

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

Really tough game. 

Yeah,I was amazed with TAA getting MoM but it was Mcmanaman who said it and he obviously doesn't watch the same game as we do.

That was a lot of fun today. Anfield was bouncing, although we probably need some more games to get in tune again.

Alisson - is there a better keeper in the world? He nearly injured himself with a bizarre standing jump to punch the ball away, but aside from that, it was the perfect goalkeeping performance 

Trent was decent but never MotM. Even on a off day, he's a 7/10, such is his quality on the ball. Tsimikas is getting up to speed, and we're really safe at left back now, with Milner able to deputise there too.

VVD + Matip = Clean Sheet

Add Fabinho that, and it's total dominance. Virgil seemed to grow in confidence as the game went on, and if you didn't know he was out for 301 days before watching that 2nd half, you'd never have guessed it.

The midfiled was good, if a little unbalanced. Great to have Hendo back, and Elliott has got everything you need to make it at this level. He occupied a lot of Mo's space first half, but they got in tune by the start of the 2nd half.

Some of his touches and passes were top drawer. He was also fouled about half a dozen times.

Keita played the Gini role very well. Pressed constantly, was always available, and rarely gave the ball away. Stay fit, and we've got a proper option.

The front 3 were very good. Salah is properly on it, Jota always has a goal in him, and Mane is playing himself back into form.

Get an upgrade on Origi and I don't see a weakness in the squad.

Final note on the ticketing system. Fuck right off. Not a steward in sight, and no clue as to what to do for the queues. Cunts.

• Upvote 5