You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Burnley (H) - Sat 21st Aug 2021 (12:30pm)

Trumo

1 minute ago, Moo said:

Surprise surprise we're the first team not to benefit from the "new" offside. Yes I know Salah looked off, just like that Manc rat did last week.  Did we see the rat's lines? Not that I recall.  But we saw those today and it appears the Burnley player's line was in the wrong place, shaving a big chunk off his arse.  Same old same old.

Salah was offside. That was a good call.

Just now, Moo said:

Surprise surprise we're the first team not to benefit from the "new" offside. Yes I know Salah looked off, just like that Manc rat did last week.  Did we see the rat's lines? Not that I recall.  But we saw those today and it appears the Burnley player's line was in the wrong place, shaving a big chunk off his arse.  Same old same old 

Silly to think the new rules would end the arguments.  Thinner lines , fatter lines , wiggly lines you still get borderline calls going either way.  

Just now, Jordy Brouwer said:

There are games where we can get away with the lightweight midfield but I'm not sure Burnley is one of them. 

This in a nutshell but we really don't have a choice with our selection. Jones is the same as elliot and Keita as in he likes to attack more. We really could do with another midfielder given the circumstances today have taken 3 away from us just like that

6 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Silly to think the new rules would end the arguments.  Thinner lines , fatter lines , wiggly lines you still get borderline calls going either way.  

There will always be arguments no doubt, that's accepted, but as long as the attacker is getting the benefit of the doubt.  That happened last week with the Manc rat, it didn't happen today with Salah.  We'll see if that trend continues.

Just now, niallers said:

This in a nutshell but we really don't have a choice with our selection. Jones is the same as elliot and Keita as in he likes to attack more. We really could do with another midfielder given the circumstances today have taken 3 away from us just like that

Thiago is on the bench right?

1 minute ago, niallers said:

If we don't do anything about it before the deadline I'm almost certain the midfield situation will come back to haunt us.  And it won't be through bad luck, it will be entirely predictable with the players at our disposal.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

There are games where we can get away with the lightweight midfield but I'm not sure Burnley is one of them. 

We engage in the sort of game Burnley like as well, which is a factor. We go long, we try to win second balls and duels in midfield to start attacks quickly. The big teams who batter Burnley usually don't even engage. You watch City against them and it's just a totally different game.