You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Plymouth Shootings

Bjornebye

3 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/plymouth-shooting-youtube-weightlifter-jake-24751427

I watched his video, I read the transcripts, I read this, the autism suggestion, the lack of mental health support, and I feel sad.  For his victims, but also for him, and for YouTube celeb society. 

He wasn't in a good place, probably bullied to fuck all his adolescent life, I bet the 'bants' on the site where he operated the crane were chronic.  

He doesn't seem like an evil cunt to me. He seems like a peek under the covers of thousands of similar stories but with one difference, he had a gun. 

Sad as fuck, all of it. 

Nah, simply an evil and twisted sick cunt killing a 3 year old girl.

• Upvote 4

Absolutely heartbreaking, a three year old and her Dad, bloody hell! Another just out walking his dog. Truly awful.

One of the mad things was him saying he’d never had a girlfriend and ‘it’s a young persons game’ err, he was only 22! 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, mattyq said:

Isn't it pretty obvious that most terrorists have serious mental health issues?

A normal person doesn't think its a good idea to murder loads of men, women & children. Healthy people are sickened by such things

I don't think the term "terrorists" is particularly helpful. It's just means "baddie" a lot of the time. The US probably considers tens of millions of people to be terrorists. Russia would considers millions on the other side to be terrorists. I don't think all of them have serious mental health issues. 

There is a world of difference between murdering people because you're a fat internet geek annoyed that attractive women aren't interested in you, and murdering people because your house and children have been turned to dust. 

Apologies for going off tangent slightly, I just think the word "terrorist" is utterly meaningless as it is always subjective.

8 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

There is a world of difference between murdering people because you're a fat internet geek annoyed that attractive women aren't interested in you, and murdering people because your house and children have been turned to dust.

How many terrorists in the UK have had their house and children turned to dust?

Yup, agreed re the word, 'terrorist'

Not sure I agree with your 2nd point 100%

Of course, objectively, there's a world of difference between seeing your home destroyed and some fat knacker feeling sorry for himself but subjectively they'll be feeling the same emotions... rage, fear, loathing & self loathing, guilt etc

99% of people going through those processes won't turn into murdering cunts

13 minutes ago, mattyq said:

Isn't it pretty obvious that most terrorists have serious mental health issues?

A normal person doesn't think its a good idea to murder loads of men, women & children. Healthy people are sickened by such things

I read an interesting article about something similar years ago. (Unfortunately, I can't remember where; may have been the New Scientist.) Someone was arguing that we're missing a trick when we look at suicide bombers exclusively as bombers and ignore the fact that they are suicides; if we research them from that angle, too, then maybe we'll understand better how people come to that point and how we can prevent it.

I prefer the definition of terrorism as "using terror as a weapon".

By this definition, targeted acts of violence against people you believe are enemy combatants or are a threat to you or your allies would not be considered terrorism. (That's not to say they would necessarily be considered justified.) On the other hand, indiscriminate acts of violence intended to provoke a reaction (for example, fear of supporting an anti-government cause or fear of supporting a government) in people other than the direct victims of the violence.

By this definition, acts such as Israel's murder of Iranian nuclear scientists or the IRA bombing of Thatcher's hotel are, arguably, not acts of terrorism. Conversely, Israeli retaliatory bombing raids on Gaza and the IRA's bombing of Warrington would be considered terrorism.

8 minutes ago, Carradona said:

Fuck this horrible, evil cunt.

And, honestly, fuck anybody blaming this on mental health or bullying.

Is it not possible to think this bloke was a horrible evil cunt and that he had serious mental health issues?

• Upvote 4

Just goes to show that you never know what's around the corner. This story and the young kid getting hit by lightning, though very rare can happen to anybody.

I don't hold any strong beliefs in regards to the afterlife but ideally this cunt will be punished in some realm.

Just now, Elite said:

Just goes to show that you never know what's around the corner. This story and the young kid getting hit by lightning, though very rare can happen to anybody.

I don't hold any strong beliefs in regards to the afterlife but ideally this cunt will be punished in some realm.

You can’t punish him he’s the victim in all this remember 

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You can’t punish him he’s the victim in all this remember 

You're going to start calling people woke in a few weeks and a month later you'll be telling everybody aliens bummed you for 3 years in a Naval experiment led by Satanic Paedos and Terry Wogan

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, mattyq said:

You're going to start calling people woke in a few weeks and a month later you'll be telling everybody aliens bummed you for 3 years in a Naval experiment led by Satanic Paedos and Terry Wogan

I won’t though but nice attempt at humour. This evil twat has just shot 5 people dead including a small child because he couldn’t get a shag. Of course he’s mentally ill but people forget that evil exists. Fuck him 

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I won’t though but nice attempt at humour. This evil twat has just shot 5 people dead including a small child because he couldn’t get a shag. Of course he’s mentally ill but people forget that evil exists. Fuck him 

This.

Obviously some people with mental health problems slip through the system and commit atrocities, that will never be stopped but going on rampages like this can never be justified, whether you are seriously unwell or not. His mental health problems are no relief to the lives he's ruined and the families that will be grieving over this for their whole lives.

27 minutes ago, Elite said:

This.

Obviously some people with mental health problems slip through the system and commit atrocities, that will never be stopped but going on rampages like this can never be justified, whether you are seriously unwell or not. His mental health problems are no relief to the lives he's ruined and the families that will be grieving over this for their whole lives.

I'm not sure anyone is trying to excuse or justify it, rather understand it and see if anything could be done to minimise the risk of it happening with other people.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

I'm not sure anyone is trying to excuse or justify it, rather understand it and see if anything could be done to minimise the risk of it happening with other people.

I'm sure the immediate same sentiment would be applied about his mental health if he was of middle east origin. 

10 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Fair enough.

I'm not sure what you can do to stop it really. Millions of people have mental health problems and a large percentage will already be in the system from your everyday person who is anti-depressants to the more severe cases which will be known to the mental health teams.

There will always be people that slip through the net that aren't deemed a risk to themselves or others who can completely snap but that's very rare as most people aren't capable of such heinous crimes.

I don't see a fix.