You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Norwich (A) - Sat 14th Aug 2021 (5:30pm)

Trumo

1 hour ago, TD_LFC said:

Chelsea rent boys pre-dates the Abramovich era, we can go through the mental gymnastics of saying our version is purely a nuanced take on the death of football at the hands of the super rich and clubs who sell out to them.....but it all seems a bit of a Man City battered in the streets defence.

Isn't one of the stories that a well known Chelsea hooligan in the 80's was caught with a male prostitute and that was the original origin?

Dunno if it's true or an urban legend.

Ultmately it's all just a futile exercise in what about-ism. Chelsea complain about that song but do very little about chants relating to Munich/Heysel/Hillsborough etc, Man Utd complain about Munich songs but do little about rent boy chants/Hillsborough/Heysel and on and on. 

Correct, that chelsea song was prevalent in the 70's. To use the venacular, Chelsea was always seen as a camp area of the country to us northern types. The club contacted Redmen TV a few years back and asked them to take down Chris Pajack's 'Chelsea Rent Boys' pre match review.

On another point, all agents are vermin and Mo's agent is no exception. Mo needs to tell him to fuck off with his cryptic 'tweets' of a full stop and 'hope they're watching' stuff.

Other clubs fans writing us off? The way I see it, Tuchel and solskjaer in particular are under massive pressure to deliver the title never mind a title challenge.

I saw some tweet repeated in a paper yesterday from a united fan after their victory over Leeds 'just give us the title already'! They really are deluded fucks. If they want to think we'll finish behind them, 4th or lower, let them crack on with their delusion, I say.

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, m0e said:

I don't. Do tell...

As others have said the airing of that chant seemed to co-incide with when Abramovich took over. It used to be sung loudly and regularly throughout the time Benitez was manager and we had a bit of rivalry with them in Europe etc.

I always thought it was because they were whoring themselves for money as opposed to any homophobic connotations.

5 minutes ago, Soft Joe said:

As others have said the airing of that chant seemed to co-incide with when Abramovich took over. It used to be sung loudly and regularly throughout the time Benitez was manager and we had a bit of rivalry with them in Europe etc.

I always thought it was because they were whoring themselves for money as opposed to any homophobic connotations.

I thought that, too, but I'm happy to learn. It's not a song I'll be singing with gusto from now on.

(No doubt the pearl-clutchers of the Cancel Culture thread will be horrified by this act of self-censorship.)

41 minutes ago, m0e said:

I don't. Do tell...

Been around for ages....pre dates even the Abramovich arrival and subsequent rivalry.

All linked to how Chelsea/Kensington (the Kensington down there not the one in Liverpool) is an area where male prostitution was/is rife, plus a slight on them being a bit 'camp' and 'soft' down there. I remember it even going down there in the 80's.

I recall there was even a story in the press about a well known chelsea hooligan found in bed with a 'rent boy' - the chant originated as a direct response to their 'chelsea aggro' chant back then - fired back at them as 'chelsea rent boys'

It is as i said earlier about time we retired it.

• Upvote 2

Guest Alex_K
3 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

It always has been, people were getting in trouble for it years ago.

Literally have never seen or read a word to this effect before. 

33 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Yesterday was a brilliant day out. I loved every second of it. 

Good for you, Scott.

We're in lockdown No6 here.

So seeing crowds and smiles on the faces of players and fans - club football back as it should be - on my screen was fantastic.

I didn't even begrudge United fans their revelry and joy.

A good day for you, and the football world.

12 minutes ago, s(k)aturation said:

Good for you, Scott.

So seeing crowds and smiles on the faces of players and fans - club football back as it should be - on my screen was fantastic.

I’m suffering today though.

17 hours ago, s(k)aturation said:

Good for you, Scott.

Six lockdowns in Oz? Your lot are even making the tory government here look slightly competent!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Six lockdowns in Oz? Your lot are even making the tory government here look slightly competent!

Six lockdowns in the State of Victoria.  

Latest one extended by another two weeks as of this Thurs.  

9pm curfew.

Playgrounds closed etc

6 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Jeez! That's grim. Especially given how beautiful a country Australia largely is and not being able to explore it much.

For once, you are the lucky country perhaps.

Even seeing Man Utd supporters laughing and cheering on Saturday made me fucking smile humanely.

That's how fucking grim it is.

3 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Jeez! That's grim. Especially given how beautiful a country Australia largely is and not being able to explore it much.

Anything other than the edge of the country and you're 300 miles from the nearest person anyway, top tier social distancing.

22 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Cos there must be about 5 solid players in world football. The rest are mediocre or plain shit.

So you don't think Salah, Jota and Trent are reliable?

Most games they are the ones that make things happen. Firmino and Mane were like that but have lost some consistency.

Those three have been very good bar Trents injury last season.

4 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

So you don't think Salah, Jota and Trent are reliable?

Most games they are the ones that make things happen. Firmino and Mane were like that but have lost some consistency.

Those three have been very good bar Trents injury last season.

Just a difference in use of adjectives dude. Steve Bruce was “solid”, Salah is brilliant.