You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Norwich (A) - Sat 14th Aug 2021 (5:30pm)

Trumo

Alisson; Trent, Matip, Konate, Tsimikas; Fabinho, Milner, Keita; Salah, Mane, Jota.

It’s absolutely crucial for Keita’s Liverpool career that he makes the most of the time he gets before Hendo and Thiago stroll back into the team. He hasn’t lived up to his massive price tag, nowhere near… but we’ve seen examples in the past where a player blossomed after a difficult start e.g., Pires, Henry. Prove us wrong Naby!

I don't think Konaté will play as Klopp won't want essentially two new players in the back line, with Tsimikas there as well. So I think it will be van Dijk and Matip. Milner on the left of midfield to protect that side and Keita on the right.

I don't think Jota is very good in the middle, but he'll probably start over Firmino as he's had a longer pre-season.

In keeping with usual opening games, I think there will be many goals and we'll look a bit shit at the back.

6 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Alisson; Trent, Matip, Konate, Tsimikas; Fabinho, Milner, Keita; Salah, Mane, Jota.

It’s absolutely crucial for Keita’s Liverpool career that he makes the most of the time he gets before Hendo and Thiago stroll back into the team. He hasn’t lived up to his massive price tag, nowhere near… but we’ve seen examples in the past where a player blossomed after a difficult start e.g., Pires, Henry. Prove us wrong Naby!

The worry with Keita is that he's already had 3 years and not blossomed. I don't recall any player in his age bracket that has after that length of time at a club.

Surprised we're looking at starting Van Dijk. He looked a shadow of his former self in pre-season, which is only to be expected given how long he was out.

You've got to start Matip if he's fit, because he won't be soon enough. And Konate looks excellent and has had a full pre-season. Those two would start for me.

In midfield I wonder if Ox has played his way into contention. It looks like it'll be Fabinho and Milner and one other - I'd go with Ox for that other slot. Don't trust Keita defensively - he does nothing when the ball goes past him - and I think it'd be a big ask to start Elliott. Ox on the right of the midfield three can overlap with Salah and let Trent go wherever he needs to, and he'll track back more than Keita.

Up front, bring Jota in for Bobby and they can rotate who goes through the middle.

3-1 to us.

1 hour ago, TD_LFC said:

Based on the last two friendlies my guess would have been Matip and van Dijk as the starting two because they played together in the first game of the double header. Have van Dijk and Konate played together at all in pre-season?

Yeah, i’d be surprised to see those two together. If that was the plan then they would have been paired together during pre-season, you’d think.

I think it’ll be VVD and Matip.

6 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

I don't think Konaté will play as Klopp won't want essentially two new players in the back line, with Tsimikas there as well. So I think it will be van Dijk and Matip. Milner on the left of midfield to protect that side and Keita on the right.

I don't think Jota is very good in the middle, but he'll probably start over Firmino as he's had a longer pre-season.

In keeping with usual opening games, I think there will be many goals and we'll look a bit shit at the back.

tenor (17) (6).gif

6 hours ago, joe_fishfish said:

Surprised we're looking at starting Van Dijk. He looked a shadow of his former self in pre-season, which is only to be expected given how long he was out.

You've got to start Matip if he's fit, because he won't be soon enough. And Konate looks excellent and has had a full pre-season. Those two would start for me.

In midfield I wonder if Ox has played his way into contention. It looks like it'll be Fabinho and Milner and one other - I'd go with Ox for that other slot. Don't trust Keita defensively - he does nothing when the ball goes past him - and I think it'd be a big ask to start Elliott. Ox on the right of the midfield three can overlap with Salah and let Trent go wherever he needs to, and he'll track back more than Keita.

Up front, bring Jota in for Bobby and they can rotate who goes through the middle.

3-1 to us.

I’d start Keita and bring Ox on if we need a goal against tiring legs. The reverse wouldn’t really work as Naby isn’t a goal threat. 

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

Take heed from Arsenal’s foolishness. Crush them. Let the burghers of Fenland and their sister-wives taste despair where there had once been hope.

Or let’s get out there and twat them? 

Watching that game last night I noticed Oliver let a fair few challenges go and actually didn't book anybody in the game, there was one on Tierney on the edge of the box when the Brentford player just went right through him and again escaped a card

So I hope refs after seeing how well the Euro's were officiated don't now go down the route of letting everything go like they do when you play a lower league side in the FA Cup, especially with a crowd in. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Noticed that myself , Stickman , the Tierney one and a ridiculous challenge on Smith-Rowe in midfield soon after were absolutely nailed-on bookings . Not sure if it was a new directive or poor refereeing.

Probably a bit of both...Let's hope it's something that doesn't have to be talked about after tonight.

Although it's Andre Marriner so who knows ?

20 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Probably a bit of both...Let's hope it's something that doesn't have to be talked about after tonight.

Although it's Andre Marriner so who knows ?

Ah , Marriner , the PGMOL experiment in refereeing on quaaludes and without a whistle.

• Upvote 1