Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
YorkshireRed

The reasons to be optimistic about the new season thread.

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Cant see it myself.

 

Yeah crowds back, big influence and big bonus and should address the weirdness we saw last season with certain teams benefiting more than others.

 

On paper we have a first 11-13 that can match anybody in the league even City. 

 

But...

 

The rotation options at the disposal of City and Chelsea is what will keep them at the top. We can't really afford to rotate and they can, which means fresher players for them and probably less injuries.

 

Its good to see Taki and keira and Ox step it up a bit in pre season but they have to do it in the league and I'm still not convinced that they can/will or get injured in the process.

 

Would be happier for replacements for Shaq and Origi to bolster us a bit.

Chelsea haven’t finished above us in 5 years. They can fuck off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it would be hilarious if we won the league and it would piss off so many other sets of fans even more so than last time.  The ones whining about FFP etc and asking Man City to save football the other year.

 

I think we will finish 2nd behind Man City again as they've got about 40 players they can call on. 

 

It all depends on injuries as the squad depth is shit. We will do our usual and sack off the FA cup and League Cup early. 

 

I'd love us to knock PSG or City out of the Champions league.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only way i see us winning this league is with a 95 plus points season even then its 50/50 with City. Chelsea and United will get more points than they have the last few years I think. Its going to be a competition  and a half those top 4 places. We need our finishing to be more clinical. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the back to back friendlies have shown that our squad depth is better then we think and we can actually put out a decent 2nd eleven they would be able to compete.


This would be my 1st eleven 

Allisson

trent 

vvd

gomez

robbo

fabinho

thiago

henderson

mane

bobby

Salah 

 

2nd Eleven 

kelleher

nico/Milner

konate

matip

timikas

milner/Jones 

keita

elliot 

ox

jota

minamino

 

if we can offload origi/Shaq/Phillips & bring in one more we’ll be in a good position to challenge for the title imo. 

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, devilsadvocate said:

I think the back to back friendlies have shown that our squad depth is better then we think and we can actually put out a decent 2nd eleven they would be able to compete.


This would be my 1st eleven 

Allisson

trent 

vvd

gomez

robbo

fabinho

thiago

henderson

mane

bobby

Salah 

 

2nd Eleven 

kelleher

nico/Milner

konate

matip

timikas

milner/Jones 

keita

elliot 

ox

jota

minamino

 

if we can offload origi/Shaq/Phillips & bring in one more we’ll be in a good position to challenge for the title imo. 

 

 

Id say that second tier is about position 8 to 5 with some caveats in Jota, Konate and Matip.

 

Chelsea are definitely weaker in that regard than City, who can basically put out a second first 11 in most respects. 

 

We will see!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Id say that second tier is about position 8 to 5 with some caveats in Jota, Konate and Matip.

 

Chelsea are definitely weaker in that regard than City, who can basically put out a second first 11 in most respects. 

 

We will see!

City's 2nd string:

 

Stefan

Cancelo Laporte Ake Mendy

Fernandhino

Silva Herrera

Mahrez Torres Sterling

 

Chelsea's 2nd String

 

Kepa

Ampadu Christiensen Zouma

Zappacosta Alonso

Kovacic Barkley Loftus-Cheek

Hudson-Odoi Werner Ziyech

 

Our 2nd string 

 

Kelleher

Williams Gomez Konate Tsimikas

Keita Milner Jones

Oxlade Jota Shaqiri

 

We definitely need another match winner on our bench to compete with those.

 

Then, aside from right back and potentially keeper, we are better.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

I think it would be hilarious if we won the league and it would piss off so many other sets of fans even more so than last time.  The ones whining about FFP etc and asking Man City to save football the other year.

 

I think we will finish 2nd behind Man City again as they've got about 40 players they can call on. 

 

It all depends on injuries as the squad depth is shit. We will do our usual and sack off the FA cup and League Cup early. 

 

I'd love us to knock PSG or City out of the Champions league.

 

Second would be an amazing achievement given the absurdity of City. I think any team finishing within 10 points of them has achieved an awful lot more than they have.
 

It’s incredible how they’ve managed to render every trophy they win meaningless - not even Chelsea came close to managing that.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/08/2021 at 14:22, YorkshireRed said:

I’ll admit to being moderately hung over. I’m still keeping the faith though. 
 

Out with a load of Leeds fans last night. They’ve only signed one player as well but they think they’ll at least qualify for the CL. Obviously the deluded fools have no chance, but I admire their optimism.

 

Even if they are a set of clowns. 

is there anything  better than praise and ridicule in the same sentence? Well done Yorkie

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/08/2021 at 23:51, sir roger said:

The Mrs has had her HRT changed and warned that a rise in libido is likely.

Just tell her your Naby so she had better get in quick before your laid up for the season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/08/2021 at 12:26, devilsadvocate said:

I think the back to back friendlies have shown that our squad depth is better then we think and we can actually put out a decent 2nd eleven they would be able to compete.

 

Agreed. Funny how writing things down & looking at them shows how strong we are when key players aren't injured and we're not disrupting the side further by moving players around to plug holes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/08/2021 at 14:13, m0e said:

We definitely need another match winner on our bench to compete with those.

 

Then, aside from right back and potentially keeper, we are better.

 

Again, agreed. 

 

Our main rivals have so far signed a grand total of 4 players between them! Fucking 4. I don't see why some are acting so hysterical when Hendo, VVD & Gomez are all returning from long term injuries. No other clubs have that type of quality coming back into their sides. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

 

Again, agreed. 

 

Our main rivals have so far signed a grand total of 4 players between them! Fucking 4. I don't see why some are acting so hysterical when Hendo, VVD & Gomez are all returning from long term injuries. No other clubs have that type of quality coming back into their sides. 

We've also got Thiago and Jota fresh and settled from the start, with a proper 4th centre half, and Jones and Elliot hopefully ready to step it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I'd be happier if Origi is gone, not even necessarily a replacement for him, just knowing that he isn't plan b and Jurgen and the team have to think of something else.

 

Cheers for the momories, big man, but you've ran* your race.

 

*strolled.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, m0e said:

We've also got Thiago and Jota fresh and settled from the start, with a proper 4th centre half, and Jones and Elliot hopefully ready to step it up.

 

Ox, Minamino & Keita both look like might contribute more this season - although thats a back handed compliment because, let's face it, it'd be some fucking achievement to contribute less than they all did last season!

 

I fully agree we need another match winner, hopefully that'll come in some form before September.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

 

Ox, Minamino & Keita both look like might contribute more this season - although thats a back handed compliment because, let's face it, it'd be some fucking achievement to contribute less than they all did last season!

 

I fully agree we need another match winner, hopefully that'll come in some form before September.

Dream scenario is to upgrade Shaq, Origi and Minamino into 2 match winners. 1 will do for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, m0e said:

Dream scenario is to upgrade Shaq, Origi and Minamino into 2 match winners. 1 will do for now.


Yeah. I’d rather an attacker than a midfielder. 
 

Id rather see 4 up front that putting Ox in the front 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I think I'd be happier if Origi is gone, not even necessarily a replacement for him, just knowing that he isn't plan b and Jurgen and the team have to think of something else.

 

Cheers for the momories, big man, but you've ran* your race.

 

*strolled.

 

*pranced

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Available Subscriptions

  • Latest Round Up

  • Last Match Report

  • Popular Now

  • Popular Contributors

  • top casino sites
  • Posts

    • https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/vaccines/timeline "A typical vaccine development timeline takes 5 to 10 years, and sometimes longer, to assess whether the vaccine is safe and efficacious in clinical trials, complete the regulatory approval processes, and manufacture sufficient quantity of vaccine doses for widespread distribution." ACCELERATED TIMELINE IN A PANDEMIC Some clinical trial phases are combined Well that's nice. Don't get me started on the 3-6 month efficacy and the fact it was designed for alpha strain and not the mainstream delta. Are you going to keep taking it until the 8th booster? The third and (some places fourth) boosters are coming up soon ^_^ Did you know that unvaccinated people have been found to have a very similar viral load to fully vaccinated people? And that because vaccinated people will have less symptoms it is easier for them to transmit that viral load because they don't know they are sick? But don't bother googling the top notch educational resources reporting this. Just ignore me and downvote instead, and go back to your happy little echo chamber. If the vaccine is effective at protecting yourself, why do you care if young healthy people take it? That has nothing to do with you, contrary to what Pfizer would like you to believe. Did you know that Pfizer paid the largest criminal fine in history at $2.3 billion for lying? They sound like some really honest trustworthy people and I can't wait to inject them into my body. Upset because the liberal media echo chamber isn't telling you anything? Maybe you should question more and review more news sources and studies, because guess what, every news source is biased and has an agenda. They are private news media corporations and they do not give a shit about you, nor does the random journalist spreading their opinion piece as fact. Step 1) Classification: Unvaccinated Step 2) Symbolisation: Plague-rats, anti-vaxxers, covidiots, etc Step 3) Discrimination: Vaccine passports, job exclusion, social exclusion, businesses closed, travel denied Step 4) Dehumanisation: They dont care, they are evil, Everything is their fault, they are insane, They are holding us back Step 5) Organisation: Australian quarantine camps, Austrian forced compulsory vaccination, Extreme forced lockdowns (China), Mass-media narrative to demonize the unvaccinated, Extremely excessive lockdowns in democracies Step 6) Polarisation: Claim that they are anti-vaccine when they are obviously anti-mandate, understate the size of protests (say thousands instead of tens of thousands), Censor and block users from describing adverse reactions on places like Tik-Tok, Youtube... Publish pieces in the media that make everyone hate the unvaccinated ("Anti-Vaxxers Hate Chapmans Ice Cream!"), Conflate the unvaccinated with pre-pandemic anti-vaxxers even though they took all previous vaccines before the pandemic Step 7) Preparation: Deny them travel, businesses, jobs, so they are homeless and destitute, exclude them from all services (even surgery) if they are not vaccinated, the list goes on... Step 8 ) Persecution: Shut down their businesses, lock them in their homes if they still have one, prevent them from going anywhere except the grocery store, make society afraid of them with daily Two Minutes Hate articles in all major media designed to ostracize them from the community. Step 9) Step 10) By the way, in case you are confused or wondering, Coronavirus is never going away, just like the flu didn't after the 1920 pandemic. This is not going to end unless we have some major medical breakthrough in virology or design a vaccine that actually works properly and not "sort-of". THIS PANDEMIC IS NEVER GOING TO END, THESE RESTRICTIONS ARE NEVER GOING TO END, THEY ARE GOING TO KEEP TAKING AWAY MORE OF YOUR FREEDOMS BECAUSE YOU ALLOW THEM TO. WE REACHED HERD IMMUNITY LEVELS A LONG TIME AGO AND NOTHING HAPPENED AND WE ALL STILL HAVE TO WEAR MASKS AND GET MORE BOOSTERS. Don't just agree with everyone else and be a little parrot. Grow a brain for yourself and research this. If you are vaccinated, great, but don't fucking force your garbage on me. Don't forget, you are not allowed to question this vaccine or disagree ever, that is simply not socially acceptable. Having hesitations and not wanting an experimental medical treatment that many of us don't even need is no longer socially acceptable. How does that freedom taste? None of this should make you mad at the unvaccinated, we just want you to fuck off with your mandates. Don't tell us we need to put garbage in our body just because you like to. if you are putting on your >:( NPC face right now, that's because you hate it when someone disagrees with you and is right, and you are a fascist who does not support people having medical choice. 
    • Ref - Paul Tierney 4th official - Jonathan Moss Var - Michael Oliver
    • Every cunt and their dog,  including some respected Liverpool fans, expected them to challenge    Keane is being a total hypocrite there.
  • new UK casino
  • Topics

×