You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

All Time TLW XI (Non Liverpool) Team - Centre Midfielders

Bjornebye

8 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

In Garrincha’s book (well worth the read) the issues between Di Stefano and Didi are referenced. He was obviously a top player and very decent chap as well.

Gento and Kopa not remembered! Not sure I completely agree with you there (particularly Gento). Perhaps their legacy has dimmed slightly, given the passage of time, but they were both integral components of one of the greatest ever Club sides.  

I mean not remembered by more than people actually interested in football history. Gento is obviously remembered in Madrid. But how many u30 football fans do you think would really name them, or even if they could would have bothered to watch them. 

41 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I mean not remembered by more than people actually interested in football history. Gento is obviously remembered in Madrid. But how many u30 football fans do you think would really name them, or even if they could would have bothered to watch them. 

You’re right of course. Youth of today hey! I loved reading about football history when I was a kid. At least some of it has stuck, even if the years have faded much from the memory banks.