You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Messi leaving on a free

Ron B

2 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

He already lives in a mansion in Barcelona, if he wants to stay there then he can, and he could play for Espanyol.  In fact, that would be a tremendous move and would make Barca fall to bits. 

I actually like Barcelona though, and all this smacks of Messi being a massive dildo, which has long been the suspicion.  The fact is that he's held all their managers to ransom for 15 years now.  Him and his clique of 'lads', deciding if they like a new manager or swaying transfers. Fucking merkums. Look where it's ended up, some 34 year old dwarf cry-arsing with his 34 year old mates. I notice Xavi, Iniesta, Etoo, Ronaldinho, and Suarez aren't dropping by either. 

There comes a point where you realise it's been six years since they last won the big one, despite the presence of Messi and his mates.  They were closer to fourth than second in the league last season.  It's all dropped right off in terms of points in the league:

14/15 - 94

15/16 - 91

16/17 - 93

17/18 - 93

18/19 - 87

19/20 - 82

20/21 - 79

I'd say you have a Ronaldo poster in your bedroom. Cunt.

The guy is probably worth about 300 million quid, if he never got paid again he would still be richer than 99.9 percent of all footballers that ever played or maybe ever will. If he loves Barca so much he wouldn't need a salary off them if it was "that" important too him, they've more than compensated his career beyond anyone's wildest dreams. It seems his choice is between staying at the club he loves, chasing more money or chasing more trophies. I'm just not having the "why should he play for free" arguement when it's messi he's 34 and money is literally no object to him, his retirement fund is more than set up, his talent rewarded beyond belief. If he's bitching because he doesn't feel the club is ambitious enough well tough shit they're hugely in debt should they dig the cavernous whole they dwell in even deeper to appease a 34 year old player they've made insanely rich. It's on both him and Barca but it's Barca who need to realise they've got to exist beyond Messi. Barca where the ones with the shovel digging the hole. Fuck em both. Greed on all sides set this path and continues to do so. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The guy is probably worth about 300 million quid, if he never got paid again he would still be richer than 99.9 percent of all footballers that ever played or maybe ever will. If he loves Barca so much he wouldn't need a salary off them if it was "that" important too him, they've more than compensated his career beyond anyone's wildest dreams. It seems his choice is between staying at the club he loves, chasing more money or chasing more trophies. I'm just not having the "why should he play for free" arguement when it's messi he's 34 and money is literally no object to him, his retirement fund is more than set up, his talent rewarded beyond belief. If he's bitching because he doesn't feel the club is ambitious enough well tough shit they're hugely in debt should they dig the cavernous whole they dwell in even deeper to appease a 34 year old player they've made insanely rich. It's on both him and Barca but it's Barca who need to realise they've got to exist beyond Messi. Barca where the ones with the shovel digging the hole. Fuck em both. Greed on all sides set this path and continues to do so. 

At this stage I'd venture it's probably more about respect than anything else.

Barca have come to him and said we want to keep you, but you'll have to halve your wages because we're in financial trouble. Messi's said okay and taken the pay cut, and then Barcelona have come and said: actually, it's still too expensive.

I know we're dealing with astronomical sums of money here, but there's a principle at stake: if you agree a contract with someone on drastically reduced terms, and you think everything's sorted, then you're entitled to be a bit pissed off if they don't come through on their end.

• Upvote 1

I do seriously wonder if they all knew the deal wouldn't get signed off by laliga. Lets the incoming president and Messi claim its all laliga fault. Barcelona get the wages off the books and Messi gets to go trophy hunting at a plastic club nobody gives a shit about bar a young generation of internet fans who just follow players like fashion statements rather than clubs

1 minute ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Years of mismanagement, tapping up players and throwing money around have lead to this, so I'm savouring every minute like a proper small time prick. Really hope Aguero's staring forlornly out his window at Messi, like Mascherano and Insua were.

Add Coutinho to that

Neymar spent all summer telling him to come to Barcelona all the time knowing he

Planning a deal with PSG

7 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I do seriously wonder if they all knew the deal wouldn't get signed off by laliga. Lets the incoming president and Messi claim its all laliga fault. Barcelona get the wages off the books and Messi gets to go trophy hunting at a plastic club nobody gives a shit about bar a young generation of internet fans who just follow players like fashion statements rather than clubs

PSG have loads of plastics but they're also the Capital's club and have millions of diehard supporters. They aren't Man City in that way.  

42 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

PSG have loads of plastics but they're also the Capital's club and have millions of diehard supporters. They aren't Man City in that way.  

Im not sure how old you are but PSG could could never get a gate over 30k through most of my early life watching football. the only time anyone ever gave two shits about them was when Canal + pumped money in and they bought some big players inc Weah and then when the Qatari's starting sports washing their image and plowing ungodly amounts into them. Outside investment has bought them everything, they have never done a thing when not propped up. They where Chelsea 15 years before Abramovic and then Abramovic x10 after him. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, an tha said:

His little staged speech and crocodile tears today are fucking pathetic.

This!

Last year he was agitating for a move, claiming he could leave on a free, and when Barca produced the contract, he tried to fuck em over.

I couldn’t give a shit about either of them, but if he was that desperate to stay “at the club he loves, at home” he wouldn’t have been the prick he was last season 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Im not sure how old you are but PSG could could never get a gate over 30k through most of my early life watching football. the only time anyone ever gave two shits about them was when Canal + pumped money in and they bought some big players inc Weah and then when the Qatari's starting sports washing their image and plowing ungodly amounts into them. Outside investment has bought them everything, they have never done a thing when not propped up. They where Chelsea 15 years before Abramovic and then Abramovic x10 after him. 

Yes I'm aware that PSG are a newish club but they're a bit different than clubs like Chelsea or City because they have a monopoly on supporters in their city and it's a massive city. There were not real big clubs before them in Paris, so they own that city. There's a real base of supporters there that isn't plastic.

6 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

At this stage I'd venture it's probably more about respect than anything else.

Barca have come to him and said we want to keep you, but you'll have to halve your wages because we're in financial trouble. Messi's said okay and taken the pay cut, and then Barcelona have come and said: actually, it's still too expensive.

I know we're dealing with astronomical sums of money here, but there's a principle at stake: if you agree a contract with someone on drastically reduced terms, and you think everything's sorted, then you're entitled to be a bit pissed off if they don't come through on their end.

I get that, my issue is he is in a position where he has choices if its that important too him. If he loved the club that much surely he'd be concerned for its future beyond him. If he was 25 fair enough he needs to maximise his earnings but he's 34. I also think he is as culpable as the club in the pressure he applied outside of his own contracts on what business he expected the club to do and the power he had to influence managers positions. He became bigger than the club even in the clubs eyes. The best thing they can do would be a clean break, they've clearly taken the most out of each other.

4 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Does anybody believe Messi's tears were real? Anybody but Ron D?

No, and it's fair to say he's not the most likeable person in the world. The best player, yes, by absolute miles, but not the most likeable.

Still and all, MUCH more likeable than Cristiano Ronaldo, though admittedly that's a very low bar as he's admitted to rape and even beyond that consistently demonstrates how arrogant he is. But at least we got this video out of it so it's not all bad:

• Upvote 1