You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Digital tickets 21/22 season

LFC 6 Times

1 hour ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

The good news is you don’t need to get online. Once it’s on your phone it’s on your phone. The phone and the reader communicate, the reader will be linked to the web for verification, no 3/4/5G required.

Was just about to say the same. When you download it, you’re all done, you don’t need anything else.

The best way to think of it (even if it’s not strictly true) is that your season ticket or members card had a chip in it that you scanned upon entry; your phone has that chip too.

Maybe you’re right in theory, but demographics plays a big part. 

im 40 and consider myself a) fine but not quite up to date with tech; and b) fairly young as a matchgoer.

when I go shopping I use a card, so other than a dinosaur themed event I took my girl to in 2017 (still on my phone) this is only the second thing in my phone “wallet”. I see the odd person use their phone to pay for stuff but it’s way less than 50%, it’s occasional.

the tech itself may be fine, and plenty of people may be fine with using it, but that’s still a whole load who won’t be, or who don’t even have a capable phone to use for it.

that’s delay that impacts everyone, whether good with the tech or not.

the biggest issue for me though is the lack of useful information from the club. The season had started before we were able to pass the ticket onto people we’d been told we could pass onto months ago.

when that was finally in place, we lost visibility of games we’d been seeing for a fortnight with no explanation, and now I’ve “distributed” my ticket, it shows on his phone and STILL shows on mine. Doesn’t fill me with confidence it’s gonna work.

I don’t particularly have an issue moving to this, eventually, but doing it all at once, in this haphazard way is ludicrous.

Doing it all at one in this haphazard way when fans haven’t set foot in the stadium for 18 months is just insane.

I wouldn’t argue with the last bit, it’s definitely curious timing.

As for the rest, I hear you; how often you use this stuff day-to-day will have an impact. I hardly ever take my debit card out with me because I use my watch or phone to pay for things 95% of the time.

Whenever I take my card it’s purely in case there’s an issue with my watch or phone (there never is).

Tech which makes things more convenient is great, for me.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, an tha said:

This getting people in early and offering them ale at £2.90 a pint is also a disgusting attempt at pricing out/taking the trade from the ale houses around ground, who have also suffered 18 months of lost trade....

This feels a bit “Damned if they do, damned if they don’t”, to me.

16 minutes ago, an tha said:

Just leave people be to decide when they want to enter ground/where they want to eat/drink etc.

They’re obviously worried about having to delay the kick off time. I assume there would be some sort of punishment for that so they’re being cautious.

After asking people to go in early it makes sense that they offer some sort of gesture; everyone would kick off if they didn’t.

It’s a shit situation. I like going in pretty late usually so need to have a think about what to do.

That's got to be a first, people moaning about the club giving them a freebie. Fuck. Ing. Hell, how desparate some people are to kick the club at every turn.

As for the tech, Im ok with progress. NFC is good for transferring stuff between phones. Access to a footie ground? Nah, not for me, Jeff. As I said before, I dont think anyone at the club stopped to think about multiple family \ group purchases and the chaos that would ensue where all the tickets are on the buyer's phone.

Yeah the system may work well at baseball grounds in the US. But baseball games go on for hours and people turn up during the game, not just the start. The foot fall before the start of a baseball game is likely to be a lot less than for a PL game.

Maybe the club will insist in future that the buyer 'distributes' the ticket to others. I can see problems there. No everyone has NFC on their phone, believe it or not, some people may not have a mobi etc.

9 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

That's got to be a first, people moaning about the club giving them a freebie. Fuck. Ing. Hell, how desparate some people are to kick the club at every turn.

As for the tech, Im ok with progress. NFC is good for transferring stuff between phones. Access to a footie ground? Nah, not for me, Jeff. As I said before, I dont think anyone at the club stopped to think about multiple family \ group purchases and the chaos that would ensue where all the tickets are on the buyer's phone.

Yeah the system may work well at baseball grounds in the US. But baseball games go on for hours and people turn up during the game, not just the start. The foot fall before the start of a baseball game is likely to be a lot less than for a PL game.

Maybe the club will insist in future that the buyer 'distributes' the ticket to others. I can see problems there. No everyone has NFC on their phone, believe it or not, some people may not have a mobi etc.

If you don’t have a mobile, you can still have a card as normal.

6 minutes ago, Brownie said:

If you don’t have a mobile, you can still have a card as normal.

Yes. You have to send yet another photo of yourself despite the fan verification process a little while ago and, the club will not post it out to you. You have to go to the ground to collect and take more photo id with you to do so.

For fans who arent local, that's a ball ache.

8 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

The good news is you don’t need to get online. Once it’s on your phone it’s on your phone. The phone and the reader communicate, the reader will be linked to the web for verification, no 3/4/5G required.

Thats good, will the seat also show up?

I have used to take a screenshot of my seat the last few years in case I dont get online when I come to Anfield, I obviously cant remember the seat I'm in from my memory. 

18 minutes ago, Code said:

Thats good, will the seat also show up?

I have used to take a screenshot of my seat the last few years in case I dont get online when I come to Anfield, I obviously cant remember the seat I'm in from my memory. 

Yeah, the actual ticket (assuming it’s similar on Android as it is on iPhone) is pretty smart - all the info you need on one place, turnstile, block, row and seat all easily visible. 

edit: oh and date and kick off time too.

7 hours ago, Brownie said:

This feels a bit “Damned if they do, damned if they don’t”, to me.

As long as it’s only a “while there’s initial teething problems” kinda thing it’s the best they can probably do.

If they expect staggered/early entry to stay in order for the thing to work, then it needs fucking off.

Just received. They're sending 'advised' admission times in a mail tomorrow.

Dear Supporter

We can’t wait to welcome you back to Anfield for the 2021/22 season.

Accessing the stadium will be different to how supporters previously accessed Anfield, and we will be using NFC (near field communication) technology for stadium entry in the new season. 

Click below for guidance on downloading and using your new NFC pass.

NFC%20Buton%203.png

Step by step guides can be found here

You will receive an email tomorrow advising entry times.  

Ticket Distribution

Supporters unable to attend any of the first three fixtures against Burnley, or Chelsea or Crystal Palace can also forward their ticket to another supporter using our ticket distribution option.

All you need to do is provide the name and email address of the supporter attending. The supporter attending does not have to be an official Member or be part of your Friends & Family list but must be able to access the stadium using the new NFC technology. 

You can distribute your ticket now for Burnley and/or Chelsea, with the Crystal Palace game available soon.

Full details on how to use the ticket distribution option can be found here.

Ticket Exchange

Season Ticket Holders and LFC Official Members can also use our Ticket Exchange option if unable to attend a game and receive a full refund if your seat is re-sold.

Full details can be found here.

Thank you for your co-operation and enjoy the game.

Liverpool Football Club

I have an iPhone and my mate has an Android. 

Mine shows row, seat, block etc but my mates basically just says his name. 

Can anybody else confirm what an Android one should look like?

Exhibit A - IOS

BC0C0A1B-4239-4C3F-A558-534E771211C0.jpeg

Exhibit B - Android. 

EDA43C3C-4168-44AC-85CB-0F6771640810.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Exhibit A - IOS

Exhibit B - Android. 

Shows like B on my droid phone. Colour is grey with black and red writing.

• Upvote 1

As long as it’s only a “while there’s initial teething problems” kinda thing it’s the best they can probably do.

If they expect staggered/early entry to stay in order for the thing to work, then it needs fucking off.

I think it’s obvious that it’s not a long term approach.

14 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

This is the bit I don't understand. I've never used Google Pay before, so I don't know whether I need a decent connection to access it.

4 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Exhibit A - IOS

Exhibit B - Android. 

This is on an Android phone.

IMG_20210818_213948.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 17/08/2021 at 21:16, AngryOfTuebrook said:

After much fart-arsing about, I've now got Google Pay (which I've never used before, because why the fuck would I?) but I've not got a clue about what time they want me to turn up. Are they going to contact me with that, or is there a series of riddles to solve before I can find out, or what?

Still no clue about the time I'm supposed to get there.

10 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Still no clue about the time I'm supposed to get there.

Latest fron club on that is:

Staggered entry times

For this first home game, a temporary measure of staggered entry times will be in place for supporters, to safely control the flow of fans around the ground. Supporters will be contacted directly via email with details of their entry time ahead of the match, and fans are asked to enter during their allocated time

On 17/08/2021 at 21:16, AngryOfTuebrook said:

After much fart-arsing about, I've now got Google Pay (which I've never used before, because why the fuck would I?) but I've not got a clue about what time they want me to turn up. Are they going to contact me with that, or is there a series of riddles to solve before I can find out, or what?

I heard someone from the club on the radio or podcast saying something like "there's loads of information on the club web site and it's constantly being updated". This isn't supposed to be work. The whole point of technology change is to make life more simple. So I know brownie is saying "it's easy", but it's not for everyone and just chucking reams of constantly changing information at people makes this more like going to work and not just what you do to escape the shitness of life. Going the match should be fun and they're working pretty hard to do the opposite after 18 months away, we should all be bouncing with excitement. 

I have no problems with technology changing, but it's how you approach it and how it's implemented. Clearly nobody is ready for this on Saturday and the staggered entrance times demonstrate this. It's a fucking shambles and this "well you can have a pint cheaper" beggars belief really. Where am I drinking that pint? Can I take it to my seat? Are they expecting the entire fucking stadium on the concourse? In the pandemic matches, you weren't even allowed to stand in the concourse as it was considered unsafe, yet now it's probably going to be more full than ever. 

On 18/08/2021 at 00:19, Code said:

So what happens when we get to Anfield  and are unable to get online because the area is overcrowded and 5G/4G does not work?

I added that to quite and then noticed someone had responded.