You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Digital tickets 21/22 season

LFC 6 Times

2 minutes ago, Jurgens Red Army said:

Anyone know how long the emails take to come through when you transfer it to someone else.  My cousin has transferred his to my lad but nothing come through yet.

The one I transferred wasn't very long at all. Within an hour. Tell them to check all the spam and junk folders. 

4 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

This.

I tend to stand outside the SKD for 15 - 20 minutes to soak up the atmos. The number of people asking which gate to go through is an eye opener. Ive seen people try and get in the SKD, ARE with tickets for the Kop!

I dont use Google Pay as I dont want my credit card details hoyed all over the net but, some people love it and paying for stuff on their phone. Had to pop to the supermarket to get a few bits and the guy in front was paying via Google Pay or the Apple equivalent. What a palaver! Had to ask the check out girl if he could use it, had to enable it on his phone, had to hold it up so she could scan it etc.

Paying for a family of 4 to get into a theme park or a cinema isnt like 54,000 people trying to get in a football stadium 30 minutes before kick off.

I dont think anyone at the club, either in IT or the TO had the nounce to think about a family of 2, 3 and 4 having all the tickets on one phone and trying to get into a stadium.

Apple Pay and Google Pay are actually safer than your physical credit cards. Instead of passing the actual numbers through the card machine, it works by sending a one-time-only token authentication to the vendor. Impossible to get your details from that, impossible for anything to be cloned and there's no physical card to lose and get robbed that way. Even if you lose your phone, any card details are hidden behind Face ID (on Apple) and practically impossible for anyone to get at.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Did you get a separate email to download your nfc pass mate? Mine is still greyed out on the site so it's not letting me download the ticket to my apple wallet? My mate transferred me her ticket for Chelsea yesterday, got the email from the club saying here is you ticket download it to apple wallet but still can't ? 

Yes mate, it was just an email, with a link to download the ticket straight to my apple wallet.

• Upvote 1

After much fart-arsing about, I've now got Google Pay (which I've never used before, because why the fuck would I?) but I've not got a clue about what time they want me to turn up. Are they going to contact me with that, or is there a series of riddles to solve before I can find out, or what?

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Hmm mines just not working. Ive got the ticket link... FFS I'm gonna have to ring them tomorrow 

This happened to me last night. Got mine re-sent to a different email account and it was there when opened. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bjornebye said:

No. Mines the Chelsea game it says click here for apple wallet or here for google pay. When I click apple wallet it does fuck all 

I was getting the same. The one it finally worked on is the one I’ve already got registered with the club for the season ticket my lad goes on. Thought it would have broke the system if id have used it originally. 

1 minute ago, Red74 said:

I was getting the same. The one it finally worked on is the one I’ve already got registered with the club for the season ticket my lad goes on. Thought it would have broke the system if id have used it originally. 

Yeah I’m using the one I’m registered with as well. Probably something simple I’ll sort it tomorrow, ball ache 

There are times when I feel like i’m getting old but then I see people flapping about stuff like this and realise that i’m really not!

It takes the same amount of time to get your phone out of your pocket and scan it as it does a card.

I can understand people who don’t use phones having an issue but for anyone who regularly uses a smart phone, this is so simple.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Code said:

So what happens when we get to Anfield  and are unable to get online because the area is overcrowded and 5G/4G does not work?

They never thunked about that.

Remember when having a season ticket was valued by the club, just get the impression the club don't see that as their bread and butter these days.

7 hours ago, Brownie said:

There are times when I feel like i’m getting old but then I see people flapping about stuff like this and realise that i’m really not!

It takes the same amount of time to get your phone out of your pocket and scan it as it does a card.

I can understand people who don’t use phones having an issue but for anyone who regularly uses a smart phone, this is so simple.

Maybe you’re right in theory, but demographics plays a big part. 

im 40 and consider myself a) fine but not quite up to date with tech; and b) fairly young as a matchgoer.

when I go shopping I use a card, so other than a dinosaur themed event I took my girl to in 2017 (still on my phone) this is only the second thing in my phone “wallet”. I see the odd person use their phone to pay for stuff but it’s way less than 50%, it’s occasional.

the tech itself may be fine, and plenty of people may be fine with using it, but that’s still a whole load who won’t be, or who don’t even have a capable phone to use for it.

that’s delay that impacts everyone, whether good with the tech or not.

the biggest issue for me though is the lack of useful information from the club. The season had started before we were able to pass the ticket onto people we’d been told we could pass onto months ago.

when that was finally in place, we lost visibility of games we’d been seeing for a fortnight with no explanation, and now I’ve “distributed” my ticket, it shows on his phone and STILL shows on mine. Doesn’t fill me with confidence it’s gonna work.

I don’t particularly have an issue moving to this, eventually, but doing it all at once, in this haphazard way is ludicrous.

Doing it all at one in this haphazard way when fans haven’t set foot in the stadium for 18 months is just insane.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Code said:

So what happens when we get to Anfield  and are unable to get online because the area is overcrowded and 5G/4G does not work?

The good news is you don’t need to get online. Once it’s on your phone it’s on your phone. The phone and the reader communicate, the reader will be linked to the web for verification, no 3/4/5G required.