You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Digital tickets 21/22 season

LFC 6 Times

So the new season is imminent. The return of full stadiums is something I have longed for 18 months, that behind closed doors shite was abysmal and unbelievably soulless.

However, this new ticketing system of a digital ticket stored on your phone is going to be a nightmare. Any idea how this is going to actually work in practice? Will it be possible to buy tickets for one off games if you’re not on the persons friends and family list. If not we’re gonna see a huge amount of empty seats.

Sounds like it could be a disaster.

I’m sharing my ticket with two mattes and am absolutely certain I’m gonna fuck something up at some point.

that said, we haven’t got our arse in gear for sorting out who is going to which games so maybe it won’t matter 

41 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

So the new season is imminent. The return of full stadiums is something I have longed for 18 months, that behind closed doors shite was abysmal and unbelievably soulless.

However, this new ticketing system of a digital ticket stored on your phone is going to be a nightmare. Any idea how this is going to actually work in practice? Will it be possible to buy tickets for one off games if you’re not on the persons friends and family list. If not we’re gonna see a huge amount of empty seats.

Sounds like it could be a disaster.

You'll only be able to transfer tickets to people on your F&F and you only have so long to add people to it.

They don't need to be STH's or members, but they do need a 'Suppoprter ID No.' from club.

All the details for NFC lark on phones for tickets and F&F lark is on club site and they have been sending e-mails with instructions/rules etc.

1 minute ago, Pidge said:

NFC wasn't in use. It was print at home, don't know if they were checking covid pass as well though

It was a fuckin nightmare, kick off delayed 30 minutes and no way was everyone in by 16:30

No COVID checking, the readers struggled to accept tickets on phones 

Also not helped by not being able to use all gates into anny road end, there’ll be carnage when away fans turn up

Got a ticket for tomorrow, been sent the QR code no mention of covid checks etc. Got a mates season ticket for Chelsea and even though she's added me on her F&F with my membership number the site wont let me download the NFC pass? Fucking shambles by the sounds of it. 

15 minutes ago, Brownie said:

I don’t understand what happened today. The queue to get into the Kop was bigger than i’ve ever seen but I didn’t see anyone struggling to get in, it was just slow.

Max & Paddy on the door I expect. How far away are they? 

9 hours ago, Beno said:

Whats the point of all this NFC linked to membership etc,if you can just 

Print  out the QR code and give it to someone else.

They'll be people buying pieces of paper with Menus on thinking its a match ticket.

I think that was only for the friendlies. For the proper games it is electronic. 

12 minutes ago, Barnesey said:

I thought the thing we've downloaded would be used for every game...

It seems from reading between the lines that the thing we’ve downloaded is great if everyone attending has their own smart phone with the ability to have one of those things downloaded - including old gits and children of all ages.

seems unless you have your own NFC thingy ready to pop, there’s gonna be a delay, and that delay is exacerbated at the moment because even for those with their own thingy, plenty of them have uncertainty as to what to do with it.

other than this being a long term move to restrict touting - as the need to pre-register friends and family at the start of the season makes it hard to sell to a stranger in February - I see no other advantage of this over the cards we had.

although, it has shone a spotlight on one of the Billy bullshitters on GOT who goes on about how much they fleece the red shite tourists by flogging on multiple season tickets they own, as he’s been talking about a lack of demand for tickets this season, without mentioning once any of this complex nonsense.

3 minutes ago, ralph said:

I think as a season ticket holder you have to download a ticket for each match.

Unable to have a live on chat conversation with club due to "technical issues ".

Fuckin clusterfuck this is!

I’m 99.9% sure you don’t. The NFC pass you download once is your ticket. It’s by default activated on a match by match basis, but you can “distribute” the ticket to someone on your F&F (when that feature is made live) and when that happens it will just not show as being live for the game, then it will default to being your ticket for the next match.

I think it looks pretty straight forward in the end, in terms of process, I just won’t have confidence until it actually allows you to tick a bloody box.

I think the process on the door is gonna be shocking for the first few weeks though, so unless the lads tell me it’s sorted itself I’m gonna aim to arrive at the gate an hour before kick off the first game I’m at, which will be palace.

1 minute ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I’m 99.9% sure you don’t. The NFC pass you download once is your ticket. It’s by default activated on a match by match basis, but you can “distribute” the ticket to someone on your F&F (when that feature is made live) and when that happens it will just not show as being live for the game, then it will default to being your ticket for the next match.

Well that makes more sense than the silence received from the club. I spent days just getting the fuckin thing on my phone. 

Club didn't say anything about having to download Samsung Pay app first on my Samsung device. In fact I have never heard of it before this shitstorm. I'm 56 and reasonably able with technology but too much is taken for granted. Glad I'm missing first match as it will be another fiasco!

• Upvote 1

Im not surprised at this utter balls up by the club. Anyone who has worked in IT knew there were going to be problems. The club did no test 'events.' Users generally get things wrong.

They appear to have done absolute no proper testing whether it was NFC or printed tickets.

Goodness knows how giving your ticket 'back' for the ticket exchange is going to work. From this season and for STHs at least, you can only see 3 games ahead on your ticket. They've loaded Burnley, chelsea and Palace so Im guessing you have to wait until the next 3 are listed before you could try and sell on the ticket exchange or send to your friends and family?

Under the old system, I could see all PL games allocated to my ST and put them on the ticket exchange if I wanted well in advance.