Bjornebye

All Time TLW XI (Non Liverpool) Team - Goalkeeper

8 hours ago, Wezza said:

I’d go with this. Honourable mention for Sly Stallone in Escape to Victory 

Haha.

Only other one I flirted with was Big Nev, as he was still playing regularly when I started going to games, but I wasn’t really aware that he was boss apart from my blue nose dad saying. 

4 minutes ago, belarus said:

Haha.

Only other one I flirted with was Big Nev, as he was still playing regularly when I started going to games, but I wasn’t really aware that he was boss apart from my blue nose dad saying. 

Rivalries aside Big Nev was a top keeper 

I have Rinat Dasayev in mine cause i thought he deserved a shout but it could have been anyone from Oblak,Buffon, Casillas,Khan. But Schmeichel is by far number 1 for me. 

I've just started Michael Cox audio book of The Mixer. He covers the change in keepers around the time Schmeichel came onto the world stage at the same time as the passback laws came in. There's a good argument Schmeichel is the most important keeper in football history. He was worth a good 7-12pts every year

5 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Shilton was fucking amazing for Notts Forest, he basically won them the league on his own.  The twat.

John Robertson would like a word.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Gordon Banks

Sepp Maier

Peter Schmeichel

I'm surprised there's only the one shout for Sepp Maier. What's a cat got to do to get some votes around here?

8 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Gordon Banks

Bert Trautmann

Yev Yashin.

No oversize fancy gloves, wet leather balls  usually in a mud bath by the second half.

The pussies today have got it easy

Who is Yev Yashin? Can you post a picture. Don’t forget his name. You know the rules.

15 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Peter Bonnetti says thanks for thinking of him. 

Playing for Chelsea hasn't helped. Phil Parkes of QPR was a top keeper,as was Jimmy Rimmer who began at Man U but was most eminent at Aston Villa.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Who is Yev Yashin? Can you post a picture. Don’t forget his name. You know the rules.

My Mistake . fat fingers , small phone

Lev Yashin

lev-yashin-Quotes-1024x512.jpg

• Upvote 1

Schmeichel, Buffon and Oblak are the three best in the 25/30 years I've been watching. 

Zoff and Yashin are the two I'd like to have seen live. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

I never got the love in for Casillas, yeah he was obviously good but not top tier for me. 

Thought he was superb

He put on a brilliant display at Anfield even if Real got twatted 4-0, he was the reason it wasn't double figures

53 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Thought he was superb

He put on a brilliant display at Anfield even if Real got twatted 4-0, he was the reason it wasn't double figures

Like I said he was good, no arguments. 

But he was a 6 yard box shot stopper for me and very dodgy on crosses/corners. 

2 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Like I said he was good, no arguments. 

But he was a 6 yard box shot stopper for me and very dodgy on crosses/corners. 

I agree. Very good but not particularly outstanding given the team he played for.

On 04/08/2021 at 09:19, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I'm surprised there's only the one shout for Sepp Maier. What's a cat got to do to get some votes around here?

Maier has one of my votes too.

Unfortunately, I'd never seen him play, other than through old archive highlights and the like. 

The old boys that I used to talk to about football before my time always had him up there with the very best. In fact, most of the West Germany team from the World Cup in '74 should be getting a lot of shouts in the other positions too. Some squad they had that year.

Sepp Maier

Dino Zoff

Gianluigi Buffon